Este Medical UK/Turkey

7 hours ago, Portugal said:

I spent a lot of time looking at photos online of hairlines that I liked and that I thought would suit my face and head shape. The surgeon drew his line and I told him to run it off, review my pics and follow my wishes. His hairline wasn’t lower but it was a straight line. I asked him to give me a bit of a widows peak and to feather the hairline to make it look natural. For the first 4 months post surgery I thought he could have come lower in the temples but now it’s grown out I like it. 

I don’t really know anything about hair fibres. I’ll have a look into it but I’ll probably just be patient and see how it looks in 1 year. I get so many compliments from friends that are wowed by my transplant, that I’ve stopped nitpicking. 

I’ve been doing the same with hairline research as this is also my concern, definitely don’t want the straight line that you often see drawn on, and I did think that yours bucked the trend so does make sense that you over-rid the suggested hairline.

hair fibres like toppics or nanogen are just like a powder that thicken up and covers any thin areas, I think a dark brown would work well for you, they wash out though with shampoo, don’t think you need them at all to be fair.

Which UK branch did you use for aftercare etc?

1 hour ago, Lpw said:

I’ve been doing the same with hairline research as this is also my concern, definitely don’t want the straight line that you often see drawn on, and I did think that yours bucked the trend so does make sense that you over-rid the suggested hairline.

hair fibres like toppics or nanogen are just like a powder that thicken up and covers any thin areas, I think a dark brown would work well for you, they wash out though with shampoo, don’t think you need them at all to be fair.

Which UK branch did you use for aftercare etc?

Leeds 

Looks like a nice result. I assume if you wanted the work done in the UK clinic it would be significantly more? 

I had the same worry about my temples post HT. But due to my age (41) and NW type (NW VI) it's maybe understandable that they were a bit pronounced. Yours looks fine to me and remember since we're a bit older I'm not sure the hairline of a much younger person would look as realistic. It may also look better to your eye once it's grown in.

• Moderators

@Portugal your hair turned out great. I’m glad you researched hairlines and knew what would look good on you. More people need to do that. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.