Dr Pitella impossible hair transplant

• Administrators

• Like 1

I was just an inch away from booking a a hairmill based on google reviews before i stumbled upon this goldmine of a forum. 

I’m a paid administrator for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive compensation from any clinic, and my comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators
On 8/2/2024 at 7:29 PM, Approach said:

I see your point.

Actually, I never factored in your following point:  "Why use all scalp hair ......it starts to thin out over the years as you get older."  My understanding is: Assuming it's removed from the correct area of donor region, then theoretically, there is no reason to believe it will thin/fall out.

For purposes of this discussion, pls assume the newly transplanted hairs do Not thin out."  Under that logic:  If one is born with scalp hairs on his head.....why wouldn't he want to Restore his head with tons more scalp hairs (since they won't thin/fall out)? (My above point)

On-the-other-hand, "if" indeed a moderate amount of transplanted scalp hairs do thin/fall out, I totally see your point.  In this case by the surgeon depleting all Beard hair before harvesting scalp hairs.

If one had to choose:  Would most guys want a HT that covers 90% of his baldness using scalp hairs only?  Or, would most guys want 100% coverage by including body hairs?  In the past, I would want scalp hair only-  but, to your credit-  surgeons are doing a stellar job using body hair these days-  thus I now prefer the 100% combination of scalp & body hair approach.

I may be totally wrong on this.  I'm not educated enough on this topic.

If scalp donor hair never thinned out then sure it would be best to transplant that scalp hair, but that's not always the case. It's certainly not the case for NW 7s. This patient had hair transplants years ago and you can see his hair loss continued past his strip scars which means the hair taken from there and transplanted also has fallen out. That's why he hardly had any hair on top even after having multiple transplants many years ago. You can see all the scars in the picture below. That area was obviously covered with thick hair at the time he had his hair transplants.

image.png

I posted a picture of myself earlier to show the same thing on me. You can see rows of scars with no hair around them anymore.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 6.50.00 AM.png

and in fact the same thing happened to you as you even pointed out yourself.

image.jpeg

After all the thinning in the scalp donor zone, our beard hair is still growing strong. Beard hair basically grows forever. That's the true safe zone. We see men all the time who are completely bald still able to grow a thick beard.... even when they are in their 80s and 90s. So why not start out using beard hair that is known to last forever rather than using hair that is known to thin out especially if you think you will end up a NW 7. Another plus is you end up with less scars in the scalp donor area since you aren't using many grafts from there. 

Look at yourself. You are contemplating using beard hair now. Wouldn't you be better off if you had no scars in the donor area and were able to go with beard hair from the beginning?

EDIT: My whole point is NW 7s like us are going to end up using thousands of beard and possibly chest grafts anyway at some point to replace all the previously transplanted scalp grafts, so why not just skip the scalp grafts and go right to using the beard grafts from the start. To me it;'s much better than having scalp grafts at first and then watch it thin out and have scars showing over the years and then have to do the entire hair transplant over again using beard grafts.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

10 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

If scalp donor hair never thinned out then sure it would be best to transplant that scalp hair, but that's not always the case. It's certainly not the case for NW 7s. This patient had hair transplants years ago and you can see his hair loss continued past his strip scars which means the hair taken from there and transplanted also has fallen out. That's why he hardly had any hair on top even after having multiple transplants many years ago. You can see all the scars in the picture below. That area was obviously covered with thick hair at the time he had his hair transplants.

image.png

I posted a picture of myself earlier to show the same thing on me. You can see rows of scars with no hair around them anymore.

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 6.50.00 AM.png

and in fact the same thing happened to you as you even pointed out yourself.

image.jpeg

After all the thinning in the scalp donor zone, our beard hair is still growing strong. Beard hair basically grows forever. That's the true safe zone. We see men all the time who are completely bald still able to grow a thick beard.... even when they are in their 80s and 90s. So why not start out using beard hair that is known to last forever rather than using hair that is known to thin out especially if you think you will end up a NW 7. Another plus is you end up with less scars in the scalp donor area since you aren't using many grafts from there. 

Look at yourself. You are contemplating using beard hair now. Wouldn't you be better off if you had no scars in the donor area and were able to go with beard hair from the beginning?

EDIT: My whole point is NW 7s like us are going to end up using thousands of beard and possibly chest grafts anyway at some point to replace all the previously transplanted scalp grafts, so why not just skip the scalp grafts and go right to using the beard grafts from the start. To me it;'s much better than having scalp grafts at first and then watch it thin out and have scars showing over the years and then have to do the entire hair transplant over again using beard grafts.

Al, you make some great points.  I absolutely see what you are saying--  esp this point:       "Look at yourself. You are contemplating using beard hair now. Wouldn't you be better off if you had no scars in the donor area and were able to go with beard hair from the beginning?"

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Absolutely amazing, mind blowing 🤯 

• Like 2

I was just an inch away from booking a a hairmill based on google reviews before i stumbled upon this goldmine of a forum. 

I’m a paid administrator for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive compensation from any clinic, and my comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor
55 minutes ago, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

He’s acting as if he was Clint Eastwood

Wait, are you saying that this isn't Clint Eastwood?

Mad transformation!

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Wow! This looks excellent considering where he started at. I can totally relate to just wanting to feel normal.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, Dr. Felipe Pittella said:

6 MONTHS

Patients sent me his 6 months update photos. He’s acting as if he was Clint Eastwood 😂

IMG_4985.jpeg.97f998cd54515f4b151a35d6b5a2aa03.jpegIMG_4984.jpeg.8de5bec6ff343eb1fe99469b7b01d146.jpegIMG_4983.jpeg.dff0632d763f5f332395f1acea9ecdb0.jpegIMG_4981.jpeg.a82bf7d3e3c63950cca48db8a3512ba6.jpegIMG_4980.jpeg.f8c4cc6fe9ebdec609c55591e5ca1323.jpegIMG_4863.thumb.jpeg.1241e83261e465b8be3fa82916f8932f.jpegIMG_4978.thumb.jpeg.ffc9eba3bf149fcdadcd0c9a66edcb2a.jpegIMG_4982.jpeg.d849a1645d3ca7216470f4494405cdf0.jpeg

Wtf, this cannot be real lol. People need to remember this guy literally had no scalp hair. 

• Like 1

Great result thus far.  I am curious how he would look if Dr. Pittella transplants ALL beard hair the patient has to his scalp someday plus more body hair.  I have a feeling 2 yrs from now his results will go from Great to Beyond Awesome!

• Like 1

Mate, our boy has better density in his recipient area than his donor and still growing a beard too - hahaha mate anything is possible at this stage. Pittella just cured baldness friends. Stop worrying about hairloss, just worry about putting 70k together and start listening to bossa nova and learn some Portuguese, cus’ everything else is taken care of. 

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2024 at 1:49 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

amazing

does @Dr. Felipe Pittellauses a special punch(ing device) for bodyhair?

Yes.. BHT is a completely different FUE procedure (scoring techniques and punches). One of the most important features is the tiny punch that should be used in order to not leave scars on the face