Taking the Plunge... Finally - Circa 1500 Grafts with Dr. Juan Couto @ Fuexpert

On 7/19/2024 at 10:41 AM, Diff-thinner said:

Hey dude, thanks a lot. 

I think in the document it does say the hair will grow in anomalous directions but when the time comes, ‘month 4’ you should start brushing it with the brush they gave you to get it in order. 

I don’t know about doubles in the hairline but there are some for me I suspect in the second or third row which I’m not sure is correct or incorrect but if it is, I’ll point it out and get it fixed but so far it’s quite hard to tell 

Hey congrats very nice progress.. did they give you a brush or do they recommended one?

17 minutes ago, Diff-thinner said:

Hey dude, they’re supposed to give you a brush in the bag with all the other accessories 

They didn't.. I'm sure 100% .. I called them, they told me I could buy it from amazon 

Posted (edited)

Hi @CharlesBarkleythank you so much, yeah it’s a big change already and not even half way, apparently real growth is a 6 months but gotta keep fingers crossed because I don’t want to get too excited but I’m humbly optimistic. Just really happy about the forehead proportions to the rest of my face now 

Edited by Diff-thinner

Killing it mate looking fantastic. The photos are a bit distant are you able to take closer ones. Also with the medication is it also improving your non transplanted hair. It is looking really thick before your hair looked like it was thinning on the top but now looks really dense all round what do you put this down to?

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Holy smokes, bro, that is dramatic for 4 months! Congratulations cause this is 🔥 and there's still so much time left. That hairline design perfectly suits your face.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hairyelswhere said:

Killing it mate looking fantastic. The photos are a bit distant are you able to take closer ones. Also with the medication is it also improving your non transplanted hair. It is looking really thick before your hair looked like it was thinning on the top but now looks really dense all round what do you put this down to?

Sure thing, will take closer ones for you on the next update, tbh, I was worried about the thickness as I still shed a little bit day to day, but just using the oral minox and topical fin and the PRP, but my hair was always thick, and maybe even thinner, im not sure what i put it down to, but one of the things would be the reinforcement that Dr Couto did between the existing hair in the front third starting to pay dividends 

6 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Holy smokes, bro, that is dramatic for 4 months! Congratulations cause this is 🔥 and there's still so much time left. That hairline design perfectly suits your face.

So much appreciated Steeeve, yeah excited for whats to come, just hoping I haven't peaked early...

On 3/31/2024 at 12:39 PM, Diff-thinner said:

No I found someone in the UK with the same Kit, I will go to Madrid in 6 months for a check up only, I am British 

Are you able to let me know who you use and branch location please

• 1 month later...

*MONTH 5 UPDATE* 

Hello again guys, sorry this months update is a little late, life's just gotten in the way a little and business has been hectic. Here are the photos, but there are a few things im worried about at this stage. 

No.1 I dont know if my density for month 5 going into month 6 is correct or normal, the hairs are still a little whispy and dont have a shape to them yet. Im not sure if this is normal, mostly because in the forum ive been focused on the initial stages and the final stages of peoples posts rather than the mid months,  so feed back from others would be so valued. 

No.2 This is the big worry, If you see in some of the pictures at the hair line, some white dots and bumps have appeared in the front two rows of hairs that were never there before, Im really worried this is cobblestoning which is something i specifically was afraid of, and was one of the reasons I went to couto in the first place, Im hoping it isnt and that there is a fix, dermatologically, but if anyone with experience in these things could help, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Ive included pictures of my hair completely wet, whilst washing it to show more, then ive brushed down the new hairs and finally the last few pictures are of my hair damp and not completely dry. 

Please let me know thoughts on the above and i hope you have some good news for me on points one and two. 

Have a great day !

IMG_4191.thumb.jpeg.92e37b567b0f22f41c0d8d8b8eed9510.jpeg 

IMG_4196.jpeg

IMG_4192.jpeg

IMG_4195.jpeg

IMG_4190.jpeg

IMG_4203.jpeg

IMG_4202.jpeg

IMG_4201.jpeg

IMG_4200.jpeg

IMG_4199.jpeg

IMG_4198.jpeg

IMG_4197.jpeg

IMG_4189.jpeg

IMG_4186.jpeg

IMG_4194.jpeg

IMG_4193.jpeg

IMG_4187.jpeg

IMG_4188.jpeg

IMG_4185.jpeg

IMG_4204.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4207.jpeg

IMG_4231.jpeg

• Moderators

1. Hair starts off thin. Months 7 through 12 you should see a lot of thickening and maturing and it will blend in better with the hair behind it. 

2. Minor cobblestoning is normal and will flatten out over time. Give it a full 12 months to heal and then see how it looks. 

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I think it looks very natural and so far so good. A little more thickness and density is always a good thing. Regarding the cobble stone look I have more of this than you. I also sometimes have temporary little white spots just below the hairline like on the forehead. I did email Dr about it but do not really remember if he gave me explanation but it might have been that they will flatten out over time. I thought it was to do the supplements and hairloss medication as I also have it below the hairline. 

5 hours ago, Diff-thinner said:

Thank you, just hoping it does thicken, and the cobblestoning is what’s abit demoralising 

Cobblestone appearance has to do with the size of the grafts during placement.  If the grafts are large or they have excess skin one might get a cobblestone appearance.  With the smaller size of todays punches used to harvest the grafts ie 0.8 or 0.9 mm, the cobblestone appearance is a non-issue. 

What was the punch size used in your case? I guess your hair shafts are thicker hence there is some issue.

Generally fine single hair is used on hairline frontal zone