5,000 grafts with Dr. Das at Eugenix

On 5/12/2024 at 7:59 AM, Lenzman said:

This should be a nice result. I like the design for the hairline. You were pretty bald before the transplant 

Yes, I believe even more bald than the pictures show, to be honest.

Posted (edited)

Yesterday was the first time that my extended family has seen me since my hair transplant. We all got together for mother’s day.

I had 2 people ask me: “Why didn’t they fill in that bald spot?”.

One of them put their finger right on it, which pissed me off.

But once they pointed it out, it’s all I can see. And it has me wondering - why didn’t they fill that in!? Is there going to be a gap there now?

Hopefully it will be covered up by other hair.

IMG_0009.thumb.jpeg.43d9b6e2423e427941501f55132b5a3c.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg.69eaa2a5dda2b84e9e99cd93c9ec71e4.jpeg

IMG_0013.thumb.jpeg.edc82d38ddcd0bed29a6d6eea5b505e0.jpeg

Edited by Buffaloboy

1 hour ago, Buffaloboy said:

Yesterday was the first time that my extended family has seen me since my hair transplant. We all got together for mother’s day.

I had 2 people ask me: “Why didn’t they fill in that bald spot?”.

One of them put their finger right on it, which pissed me off.

But once they pointed it out, it’s all I can see. And it has me wondering - why didn’t they fill that in!? Is there going to be a gap there now?

Hopefully it will be covered up by other hair.

IMG_0009.thumb.jpeg.43d9b6e2423e427941501f55132b5a3c.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg.69eaa2a5dda2b84e9e99cd93c9ec71e4.jpeg

IMG_0013.thumb.jpeg.edc82d38ddcd0bed29a6d6eea5b505e0.jpeg

probably to not damage the existing hair there. Either way wont be noticeable once it all comes in. No stress!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jason231 said:

probably to not damage the existing hair there. Either way wont be noticeable once it all comes in. No stress!

thank you. It took every ounce of self-restraint in my body not to smack their hand away when they put their fat finger against it and said “why the bald spot” 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buffaloboy said:

thank you. It took every ounce of self-restraint in my body not to smack their hand away when they put their fat finger against it and said “why the bald spot” 

Well you should had smacked their fat fingers.

Jokes apart, as rest said, there are some existing hair there, hence they have left that spot.

58 minutes ago, Rawkerboi said:

Well you should had smacked their fat fingers.

Jokes apart, as rest said, there are some existing hair there, hence they have left that spot.

I wonder why they’re not growing like all the others.

• Valued Contributor

@Buffaloboy if someone didn’t point this out I don’t think it would be worrying you now. Looking at your post op pics there appears to be hair in there. I found month two to be the lowest point in the ugly duckling phase. Also just hair post op aside try not to be too focused on your hair in general. No easy task I know (literally). If you can take up a hobby, a second job (that’s what I did) it will help keep you busy. Updating once a month is a good time frame to see the noticeable changes that will occur month to month. All the best! 👍

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Week 5 update.

Very little shedding to this point. Still a bit concerned with the right side temple. I mentioned it after surgery and it still seems super light to me (density). 

Happy with everything else so far.

IMG_0611.thumb.jpeg.950949f1648148715a9df6bd535c1209.jpeg

IMG_0616.thumb.jpeg.fab64faec28aeab828f1015be7227856.jpeg

IMG_0606.thumb.jpeg.f7d34e3369c6e732f4669d2e0a191cc6.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 7/12/2024 at 2:03 PM, Buffaloboy said:

The hair in front has really started to look better and better over the past 2 weeks.

Crown hair is MIA.

IMG_2170.thumb.jpeg.73a6693f93f0bd1f9fe783c0623a1285.jpeg

Are you at 3 months?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)

Lots of early growth.. you must be feeling excited. Another month or so and the real magic will start . Looking forward to seeing the outcome of this one. 

Edited by Bandit90
typo
  • Thanks 1

I’m a bit concerned with how close the beard hairs are to my hair line. Thoughts?IMG_2344.thumb.jpeg.da3ae47c1186a7588dddc529249de671.jpeg

IMG_2339.thumb.jpeg.1c6e021c63471bed6c1bf355a15d21c0.jpeg

And then when I look at the top of my head, there are lots of black beard hair going all in different directions. The red arrow is the direction of the native hair.

IMG_2348.thumb.jpeg.6027d3815befcbefa21a0303aef71e13.jpeg

It’s really early on so you can’t determine direction right now as hairs will soften as they mature. As well, it is too early to worry about beard hair and if it’s close to the hairline. Once your scalp hair starts to grow in, it may blend in and become unnoticeable. Give it time, things will change and noticed that was the case for me at 9-10 months.

• Moderators

I think it's better to have the beard hairs all mixed in with the rest of it. Once it's healed and grown it will blend in better than it does now. If you placed all the beard hairs in one area then it would be an obvious difference in color and hair type in that section. You don't want that.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Looks goo so far.

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Month 4 Update

Someone must have put miracle grow on the front of my head, because over the past 3 weeks the hair has taken off in growth.

Disclaimer: the first picture is under not-great lighting. Meaning, it’s less dense than this picture shows, but not crazily so.

The crown however is lagging behind the front. And i’m a bit worried about the back of my head. It is very uneven in density - especially right in the middle. Kinda stinks. However it may have nothing to do with the surgery and could just be genetics. I don’t know.

IMG_3045.thumb.jpeg.fc61b327844d9c9f5cf5e6acf493d850.jpeg

IMG_3061.thumb.jpeg.3ba25afe6cf9285b6001e9392cc5b179.jpeg

IMG_5809.thumb.jpeg.002d992e8a652dac6cb29798c6858378.jpeg

Edited by Buffaloboy
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It looks great. Really filling in now 

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)