Dr Raghu Reddy - 2700 Graft FUE

5 hours ago, vsma said:

have noticed quite a few multis in the hairline

Multis in hairline are not good all mate. How's does a top London doctor get this wrong? I am hearing similar stories lately from other dr reddy patients too since my HT early this month and it is quite dissapointing. I sincerely hope it turns out well fingers crossed.

51 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

Multis in hairline are not good all mate. How's does a top London doctor get this wrong? I am hearing similar stories lately from other dr reddy patients too since my HT early this month and it is quite dissapointing. I sincerely hope it turns out well fingers crossed.

yeah, i'm hoping that more singles pop up in the very front over the next couple months

tbf to Reddy i think this is more of a tech issue, but considering the amount paid I agree youd expect more attention to detail when they seperate the single/multis

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DeltaV said:

Did you see any techs using microscopes to sort the grafts? I did not but he didn't work on my hairline tough.

I didn't either but I did take this picture, so there is effort of seperating them

hopefully it doesnt matter in the end for both of us and they turn out well 😭

IMG_3703.jpeg

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
On 7/24/2024 at 8:50 PM, DeltaV said:

This is interesting. Where are these other patients reporting this issue?

If it’s early days on these cases then the singles should pop through a bit later and soften things up but if people are reporting multi-graft hairs in their hairline towards their final results then that’s just plain bad. 

26 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

This is interesting. Where are these other patients reporting this issue?

If it’s early days on these cases then the singles should pop through a bit later and soften things up but if people are reporting multi-graft hairs in their hairline towards their final results then that’s just plain bad. 

Lewhair last week reported multis in hairline on this forum two years post op and had it assessed and confirmed by Dr bisanga as per his post. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Month 4 Update:

Same as usual, just slowly progressing. Unsure how much thicker it will get but hopefully it does a lot more. No month 3 uodate as I didnt feel like much was changing.

This is under direct light so it does look better when its darker.

IMG_4893.jpeg

IMG_4894.jpeg

Just now, vsma said:

Month 4 Update:

Same as usual, just slowly progressing. Unsure how much thicker it will get but hopefully it does a lot more. No month 3 uodate as I didnt feel like much was changing.

This is under direct light so it does look better when its darker.

IMG_4893.jpeg

IMG_4894.jpeg

Also just to add, the multis in the hairline issue isnt as bad as I thought it would be, there are some there but they arent noticeable.

On 7/24/2024 at 3:50 PM, DeltaV said:

One key issue with Dr. Reddy is that he relies solely on loupes and does not use microscopes. While loupes are effective for minimizing multi-unit grafts, microscopes provide even greater precision in graft selection. Although the skill and experience of the technician are important factors, that can be corrected. For me, the absence of microscopes is the biggest concern. Multi-unit grafts in the hairline are unfortunate because Dr. Reddy's work is otherwise excellent. I wonder if he used microscopes during his time at the Private Clinic.

On 7/25/2024 at 4:23 AM, vsma said:

I didn't either but I did take this picture, so there is effort of seperating them

hopefully it doesnt matter in the end for both of us and they turn out well 😭

IMG_3703.jpeg

Yeah, my guess is that this is a microscope issue then. A multi-unit graft that is in the telogen phase can sometimes resemble a single follicle, especially when viewed under less magnification, like with loupes. This can lead to the unintentional selection of a multi-unit graft for transplant. If I had to guess, this is why Dr. Reddy's work will have some multis appear in the hairline. I do think Dr. Reddy does enough work to minimize this to the point where it "may" not matter, but refinement is refinement. 

VSMA--I think you are on track for a really nice result. If the multis are few and far between, it shouldn't have too much of an impact. 

On 9/26/2024 at 12:14 AM, Whirlpool22 said:

One key issue with Dr. Reddy is that he relies solely on loupes and does not use microscopes. While loupes are effective for minimizing multi-unit grafts, microscopes provide even greater precision in graft selection. Although the skill and experience of the technician are important factors, that can be corrected. For me, the absence of microscopes is the biggest concern. Multi-unit grafts in the hairline are unfortunate because Dr. Reddy's work is otherwise excellent. I wonder if he used microscopes during his time at the Private Clinic.

I think you summed it up pretty well...I will ask this question in my 3 month review with him in couple of weeks and get back.

On 9/26/2024 at 12:50 PM, jetski said:

What’s the typical waiting period from first consultation to surgery?

I believe my consultation was in Jan, surgery done in end of May so around half a year