@wallie12345, I just want to say that I feel for you, my brother.  I too have felt incredibly discouraged about my hair loss, and I know it is even more frustrating that you have tried everything you can and still not achieved what you hoped for.  It is so hard when what we dream of is continually out of our reach.  I too have experienced that (with hair loss and in other areas of life), and it is so incredibly painful.  Just know that I stand with you, my brother, and I want to encourage you.

I see that your last post was May 19.  I wanted to see how you're doing now that it's a month and a half since you posted on this thread.

How are you holding up?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CautiousResearcher said:

@wallie12345, I just want to say that I feel for you, my brother.  I too have felt incredibly discouraged about my hair loss, and I know it is even more frustrating that you have tried everything you can and still not achieved what you hoped for.  It is so hard when what we dream of is continually out of our reach.  I too have experienced that (with hair loss and in other areas of life), and it is so incredibly painful.  Just know that I stand with you, my brother, and I want to encourage you.

I see that your last post was May 19.  I wanted to see how you're doing now that it's a month and a half since you posted on this thread.

How are you holding up?

Thanks a million for caring and for following up with me, it means a lot.  I've lost all hope and even both recommended doctors haven't replied and/or said nothing can be done.  I really regret getting my previous hair transplants in the 1990's and that used up all of my donor areas on my scalp.  I get really depressed whenever I see Norwood 6 or 7 patients regain a full head of hair now with hair transplants because had I not done anything, I would be able to do this now  :(  
Everything out there is for those just starting to lose their hair, including PRP and mesotherapy.   I even contacted a doctor who does the old method of scalp flaps and was told I'm not a candidate because my baldness is too advanced and my hair is sparse due to the donor areas being used up.   I had my surgeries when I was in my 20's (first one at age 24) and now I'm 56 and having hair is something I've wanted so long and all my hope has been dashed.   I'm sure my depression is in large part due to losing most of my hair starting at age 21.   I've run out of options and sadly it seems I have to accept being bald.  

23 hours ago, CautiousResearcher said:

Also, @wallie12345, how can we (and how can I) support you?

Thank-you so much for reaching out.  I really don't know but are there any other options out there for Norwood 7's who don't have any donor scalp area left?  I've even considered hair implants like Biofiber but was discouraged from getting it done but the desperate part of me wants to get it done.   I see all those products out there for hair growth and am so tempted to try them, just to give me some hope,even though I know they're probably scams.   

5 minutes ago, wallie12345 said:

Thanks a million for caring and for following up with me, it means a lot.  I've lost all hope and even both recommended doctors haven't replied and/or said nothing can be done.  I really regret getting my previous hair transplants in the 1990's and that used up all of my donor areas on my scalp.  I get really depressed whenever I see Norwood 6 or 7 patients regain a full head of hair now with hair transplants because had I not done anything, I would be able to do this now  :(  
Everything out there is for those just starting to lose their hair, including PRP and mesotherapy.   I even contacted a doctor who does the old method of scalp flaps and was told I'm not a candidate because my baldness is too advanced and my hair is sparse due to the donor areas being used up.   I had my surgeries when I was in my 20's (first one at age 24) and now I'm 56 and having hair is something I've wanted so long and all my hope has been dashed.   I'm sure my depression is in large part due to losing most of my hair starting at age 21.   I've run out of options and sadly it seems I have to accept being bald.  

Thank you for being so honest and vulnerable, @wallie12345.  That takes real courage. Nothing about this situation is easy, yet you are facing it straight on.  And I commend you for that.

I want to share two things with you, one practical and the other personal:

1) practical: you mention that you contacted recommended surgeons and haven’t yet heard back.  For some it may take reaching out several times to get a response (that has been my experience).  I think they have so many requests that they fall behind in responding— and they may prioritize people who are persistent and contact them multiple times.

2) personal: you are not alone.  I know that your situation feels so very lonely… but I say again: you are not alone.  In this journey (wherever it leads) you have this community.  And even if a HT ends up not being an option, you still have this community.  This community is a great resource for learning about treatments, surgeries, surgeons, prevention, medications, and more.  But it is also a community to help with the emotional ups and downs… when treatments work and when they don’t, when we’re exploring options and when all our options are exhausted.  This community is here for you.  And as a new member of this community who has had my own significant discouragements on the journey, I am here for you.  I stand with you.  

11 minutes ago, wallie12345 said:

Thank-you so much for reaching out.  I really don't know but are there any other options out there for Norwood 7's who don't have any donor scalp area left?  I've even considered hair implants like Biofiber but was discouraged from getting it done but the desperate part of me wants to get it done.   I see all those products out there for hair growth and am so tempted to try them, just to give me some hope,even though I know they're probably scams.   

If Eugenix rejected you, there’s nobody besides Pittella and Umar. I don’t think you should give up till you reach out to them. Otherwise, you are making yourself sad for nothing without at least examining those options.

11 minutes ago, wallie12345 said:

Though I do not have the expertise to answer your questions about biofiber or other potential options, but let’s see if anyone else with more knowledge can help.

@Al - Moderator, do you know who might be a good resource?

1 minute ago, Fox243 said:

If Eugenix rejected you, there’s nobody besides Pittella and Umar. I don’t think you should give up till you reach out to them. Otherwise, you are making yourself sad for nothing without at least examining those options.

@wallie12345, it can take some persistence to hear back from Pittella (I know from personal experience).  Then there is a bit of a waiting time before a consultation can be scheduled (currently for me it’s 90 days).

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, wallie12345 said:

I've even considered hair implants like Biofiber but was discouraged from getting it done but the desperate part of me wants to get it done.

I would not do this. This was banned in the USA many years ago due to complications and infections. See this link:

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-031-10613-2_36

• Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, wallie12345 said:

I get really depressed whenever I see Norwood 6 or 7 patients regain a full head of hair now with hair transplants because had I not done anything, I would be able to do this now

Honestly, the only reason NW7s can get their hair back these days is because beard and chest hair is being used. I've used nearly 6500 beard and chest grafts so far and I think @Gatsby has used even more than that. If you don't have much beard or chest hair then you wouldn't be able to be helped now even if you never had anything done before, so don't beat yourself up over that.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Don't be upset, just shave it and move. You tried Hair System but it didn't work, so why not try it from different company?

Hair Systems are not easy to pull off and you need to have that confidence plus there is a life long maintenance cost too.

My friend is full blown NW-7 but he is wearing Hair System and believe me, it's hard to detect. Just make sure you get age appropriate Hair System and try to style as naturally as possible.

When you are wearing a Hair System, a good hair stylist is a key, so make sure you appoint a good hair stylist to style it

On 7/5/2024 at 2:23 AM, Al - Moderator said:

Honestly, the only reason NW7s can get their hair back these days is because beard and chest hair is being used. I've used nearly 6500 beard and chest grafts so far and I think @Gatsby has used even more than that. If you don't have much beard or chest hair then you wouldn't be able to be helped now even if you never had anything done before, so don't beat yourself up over that.

Thanks.  I'm happy you were able to use beard and chest hair as donor material.  I only have leg hair and was told that's not a good source  :( 

2 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Don't be upset, just shave it and move. You tried Hair System but it didn't work, so why not try it from different company?

Hair Systems are not easy to pull off and you need to have that confidence plus there is a life long maintenance cost too.

My friend is full blown NW-7 but he is wearing Hair System and believe me, it's hard to detect. Just make sure you get age appropriate Hair System and try to style as naturally as possible.

When you are wearing a Hair System, a good hair stylist is a key, so make sure you appoint a good hair stylist to style it

I'm not going to do the hair system thing again.  I always felt self-conscious wearing it and felt like people can spot it right away and a few people did and even were bold enough to ask me, which I thought was rude (and embarassing).   Even with a really non-detectable one, I'd still feel self-conscious.  

On 7/5/2024 at 1:46 AM, CautiousResearcher said:

@wallie12345, it can take some persistence to hear back from Pittella (I know from personal experience).  Then there is a bit of a waiting time before a consultation can be scheduled (currently for me it’s 90 days).

Thank-you, that's reassuring and I will wait for a response from Dr. Pittella and I might even send him another message after some time.  

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 1:43 AM, CautiousResearcher said:

Thank you for being so honest and vulnerable, @wallie12345.  That takes real courage. Nothing about this situation is easy, yet you are facing it straight on.  And I commend you for that.

I want to share two things with you, one practical and the other personal:

1) practical: you mention that you contacted recommended surgeons and haven’t yet heard back.  For some it may take reaching out several times to get a response (that has been my experience).  I think they have so many requests that they fall behind in responding— and they may prioritize people who are persistent and contact them multiple times.

2) personal: you are not alone.  I know that your situation feels so very lonely… but I say again: you are not alone.  In this journey (wherever it leads) you have this community.  And even if a HT ends up not being an option, you still have this community.  This community is a great resource for learning about treatments, surgeries, surgeons, prevention, medications, and more.  But it is also a community to help with the emotional ups and downs… when treatments work and when they don’t, when we’re exploring options and when all our options are exhausted.  This community is here for you.  And as a new member of this community who has had my own significant discouragements on the journey, I am here for you.  I stand with you.  

Thank-you very very much for your support.  That means a lot to me.  I'll wait for replies from the doctors I messaged and like you suggested, I'll message them again after some time if I don't hear back.   I feel like everyone can regain their hair except myself because I used up all my donor area and I feel alone and hopeless.   I'm so tempted to try the many products out there (even the scams) because they'll give me at least a glimmer of hope.    

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wallie12345 said:

Thank-you very very much for your support.  That means a lot to me.  I'll wait for replies from the doctors I messaged and like you suggested, I'll message them again after some time if I don't hear back.   I feel like everyone can regain their hair except myself because I used up all my donor area and I feel alone and hopeless.   I'm so tempted to try the many products out there (even the scams) because they'll give me at least a glimmer of hope.    

I can certainly relate to that feeling of “it seems like everyone but me can have this.”  Items Avery, very tough place to be emotionally.  Hang in there, man, and know that we are with you.  

23 hours ago, CautiousResearcher said:

I can certainly relate to that feeling of “it seems like everyone but me can have this.”  Items Avery, very tough place to be emotionally.  Hang in there, man, and know that we are with you.  

Thanks a million.  That means a lot.

• Valued Contributor

@wallie12345 in 2017 I was knocked back by several surgeons as a Norwood 7 so I just buzzed my head and had SMP and got on with my life. It's not easy but even with the scars slightly noticeable at times it felt like a relief not to have hair to worry about if that makes sense. I'm wishing you all the best with Dr Pittella, etc. However even with chest and beard hair alone the results would not look natural and would just leave you with another problem as well as more scars. Wishing you all the best whichever path you choose.👍

22 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@wallie12345 in 2017 I was knocked back by several surgeons as a Norwood 7 so I just buzzed my head and had SMP and got on with my life. It's not easy but even with the scars slightly noticeable at times it felt like a relief not to have hair to worry about if that makes sense. I'm wishing you all the best with Dr Pittella, etc. However even with chest and beard hair alone the results would not look natural and would just leave you with another problem as well as more scars. Wishing you all the best whichever path you choose.👍

Thanks so much.  I'm happy you found something that worked for you.  I'm trying to look into if PRP or mesotherapy could help with advanced baldness and I'm so determined to find something to grow hair.