Dr Vinita | Eugenix | 5,530 grafts (1,776 BHT)

1 minute ago, Berba11 said:

Not to be the bearer of bad news but if you get Eugenix to arrange the pre-op bloods when your arrive in India it’s £30…!

@Berba11 I landed at midnight India time the day of my first surgery so there wasn’t enough time before the surgery started to do that and the NHS blood test couldn’t confirm if everything was covered in their standard test so for ease I went private 

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, JC90 said:

@Berba11 I landed at midnight India time the day of my first surgery so there wasn’t enough time before the surgery started to do that and the NHS blood test couldn’t confirm if everything was covered in their standard test so for ease I went private 

Yea I get logistics and timings can be tricky. I think I’d have tried to tweak the dates to save myself £830 though 😅

7 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Yea I get logistics and timings can be tricky. I think I’d have tried to tweak the dates to save myself £830 though 😅

@Berba11 I can’t put a cost on saving the headache from the Mrs being away an extra night or two. When I changed from going to Turkey to going to Eugenix and breaking the news I’ll be away 4 nights instead of 2 she was delighted haha (just prayed our two young children were well behaved) - especially when she didn’t care if I have hair or not 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BillyHopkins88 said:

That's actually not to bad considering it's Eugenix 🙂 IL be following your journey mate

@BillyHopkins88 out of the 4 options it was the 3rd option in price. I could of gone up a level and it would of put the cost of the procedure to just over £10k or Dr Bansal or Dr Sethi and the cost of this would of been over £21k based on the price per graft and how many grafts I had done. I just could spend £21k currently. I based it on that senior technicians were used on the option I selected and senior technicians were still used on the more expensive options. 

• Like 1

Day 10 update 

ths scabs are off and I slept without the neck pillow last night (was worried about doing this) 

Head and donor area is still a little red/ pink (sorry for the amateur photos), my beard has healed really quickly. 

im going to be gutted when the shedding phase starts and the honey moon period is over. 

A014D1D7-7478-40FC-B350-184F30FF678D.jpeg

976E7047-516B-4892-B8D8-C43D121E73E2.jpeg

B2EC34A2-B954-47D4-A18C-41B7A05CF451.jpeg

F1C58893-7C63-4F9D-BE77-BF96658611D2.jpeg

162C775A-53F8-4F16-AAA1-96F2FDBDF435.jpeg

F9BCAF53-8428-49CC-BA92-9FB6278FF090.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thank you for the write up and excellent updates, it helped me make a decision and go for Eugenix.

My procedure was last weekend (Over 3 days) with Dr Vinita as well and very similar experience and results.

Today is Day 4 post-op.

I am a Norwood 7 more like @Bandit90 but less donor, got 6007 grafts, 3976 scalp and 1713 beard, still need to fill the crown which I plan to do maybe in 6 months if my donor and beard can recover.

Following your progress closely and happy growing!

Edited by mustafer

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, mustafer said:

Thank you for the write up and excellent updates, it helped me make a decision and go for Eugenix.

My procedure was last weekend (Over 3 days) with Dr Vinita as well and very similar experience and results.

Today is Day 4 post-op.

I am a Norwood 7 more like Bandit but less donor, got 6007 grafts, 3976 scalp and 1713 beard, still need to fill the crown which I plan to do maybe in 6 months if my donor and beard can recover.

@mustafer ah congratulations. I hope the surgery went well. 

im now nearly 4 weeks post op and the hair has shedded and it’s awful seeing the honey moon period end. However I can’t wait to get to month 6 to see how I’m getting on. 

make sure you keep us updated aswell 

C56F158E-C294-4215-BAEA-112AFC0DC3EA.jpeg

Edited by JC90
  • Like 2

Yes surgery was good, slits were done by Dr Vinita, I just wish I had enough to cover the crown, but need to wait.

I guess it’s part of the process to go through shedding, hopefully will end soon and you start growing again.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been 5 weeks today. I’m not sure the shedding has finished yet. It’s nice to be able to feel some hair all over the top of my head instead of just the front 🤣

im looking forward to the next 12 weeks to pass to maybe start seeing some growth 

1A15A788-D0A4-4116-B280-97F6BF82E7E7.jpeg

A3F320C3-C991-49F7-976A-F6996B7AD9CA.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mustafer said:

That’s great news if shedding stops after 5 weeks, I’m almost near the 2 week mark (day 13), here’s a close up

IMG_8512.jpeg

I don’t know if it’s stopped for certain but I’m hoping so. This was me at the two week stage. 

keep us updated on your journey 👍🏻

F47FC16A-214B-49CC-8620-AFFD786254D9.jpeg

Very similar to your results at the 2 week mark.

Not looking forward to the shedding phase, I think I will shave it all off when the shedding starts to keep a uniform look.

good luck and following your journey!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2024 at 7:53 PM, mustafer said:

Today is Day 4 post-op.

I am a Norwood 7 more like @Bandit90 but less donor, got 6007 grafts, 3976 scalp and 1713 beard, still need to fill the crown which I plan to do maybe in 6 months if my donor and beard can recover.

Would love if you could make a thread.