Dr Vinita | Eugenix | 5,530 grafts (1,776 BHT)

Thanks @JC90 for your post. I am curious about beard hairs. Can you please share your insights? How is the scarring on your face and neck? If I clean shave, can anyone notice the scars? Also do you feel any difference in the quality and feel between beard vs scalp hairs? TIA

@chiboy My beard feels and looks no different, its very strange. Friends and Family when I say I have 1776 graft removed from my beard, they cant believe it. There is literally no scarring from what I can see and it heals so quickly. 

The look ontop of your head, yes I can see the difference currently however I am only just coming up (on the 19th July) two months post op. The different will be barely noticeable in 10 months time.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JC90 said:

@chiboy My beard feels and looks no different, its very strange. Friends and Family when I say I have 1776 graft removed from my beard, they cant believe it. There is literally no scarring from what I can see and it heals so quickly. 

The look ontop of your head, yes I can see the difference currently however I am only just coming up (on the 19th July) two months post op. The different will be barely noticeable in 10 months time.  

Thanks, @JC90. There is no scarring even if you clean shave?

Edited by chiboy
Added thanks

On 7/13/2024 at 6:34 PM, JC90 said:

@Bandit90 @Melvin- Admin @mustafer  Hey All .. thought I’d tag a few aswell 🤣 

what nutritional / medication regime is every one doing? (Multivitamin tablet, Finasteride, minoxidil etc) 

any tips that have really helped the results of your HT would be appreciated 

Hows tricks! I just take 1mg fin each day. Its perhaps debatable if I need to take it as in theory I lost all I could, but I take it to preserve the donor area.  

Less of a medication thing, but each night I always wash any product out my hair and apply argan oil overnight, which helps with the beard hair grafts and stopping my hair from feeling dry. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 9:53 AM, Bandit90 said:

Hows tricks! I just take 1mg fin each day. Its perhaps debatable if I need to take it as in theory I lost all I could, but I take it to preserve the donor area.  

Less of a medication thing, but each night I always wash any product out my hair and apply argan oil overnight, which helps with the beard hair grafts and stopping my hair from feeling dry. 

I’ve just completed the 2 month stage and I don’t know if the shedding has finished yet. My donor area is recovering well. I’m looking forward to getting the first 3 months out of the way. 

9DAC4CC3-AFC0-4BDF-A4A4-36249CBC762D.jpeg

428E0FDA-9ED0-414E-A03F-71E1DCF90E6E.jpeg

D1C40EA9-F0A2-44C3-9708-DC0115DBED68.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JC90 said:

I’ve just completed the 2 month stage and I don’t know if the shedding has finished yet. My donor area is recovering well. I’m looking forward to getting the first 3 months out of the way. 

9DAC4CC3-AFC0-4BDF-A4A4-36249CBC762D.jpeg

428E0FDA-9ED0-414E-A03F-71E1DCF90E6E.jpeg

D1C40EA9-F0A2-44C3-9708-DC0115DBED68.jpeg

Everything looks right on track mate, you are in the peak ugly duckling phase at 2 month post-op. Another 6 weeks and the magic will start! 

1 hour ago, Bandit90 said:

Everything looks right on track mate, you are in the peak ugly duckling phase at 2 month post-op. Another 6 weeks and the magic will start! 

Looks good so far! How much did you end up paying per graft (sorry if I’ve missed it). How many doctors do they have there? Looks like all of them produce good results. 

1 minute ago, SY7 said:

Looks good so far! How much did you end up paying per graft (sorry if I’ve missed it). How many doctors do they have there? Looks like all of them produce good results. 

I paid nearly 7,500GBP for 5530 grafts 1.35GBP per graft (145INR per graft)

• Like 2

happy growing. I like the plan and design. Eugenix is a top clinic for higher norwood patients. Even if the lower packages of Eugenix can give good results like the more premium ones at much lower costs...

• 4 weeks later...

I’m now a few days from the 3 month mark since surgery. The redness is starting to fade. I’m starting to see a little growth which is giving me confidence for the next 4-8 weeks plus. 
I’ll provide another update in 4-6 weeks 

03D301B3-6B95-4E2B-BC73-E708ABF5EC60.jpeg

FEF0BA6E-5799-4B1E-B5FF-881E36530D70.jpeg

C4C05D0D-9006-43CD-9BAA-DA713BC0D18A.jpeg

• Like 3

Your case is very interesting.. Now the worst months are over.
How many operations has the clinic planned for you? 3 HT?
Have you already planned the 2nd? If so, how many months after the first?

5 minutes ago, hair_forever said:

Your case is very interesting.. Now the worst months are over.
How many operations has the clinic planned for you? 3 HT?
Have you already planned the 2nd? If so, how many months after the first?

I haven’t planned another yet. I’m going to give it 12 months to see my results and then get advice on my donor area to see if a third HT could be possible 

7 minutes ago, JC90 said:

Non ne ho ancora pianificato un altro. Ci vorranno 12 mesi per vedere i risultati e poi chiederò consiglio sulla mia area donatrice per vedere se è possibile  un terzo trapianto.

Would it be the second operation with Eugenix?

On 5/22/2024 at 4:51 AM, JohnnyR said:

how can a clinic not Implant grafts in the area between crown and donor... this will look extremely unnatural.

when you do your second surgery you should not go for the hairline, you should focus on this area...

good luck!

On 5/22/2024 at 11:33 AM, GeneralNorwood said:

But Johnny has a point. At Eugenix they always say this line "we don't want to cause a shock loss when implanting between native hair", but when they propose 2nd surgery it somehow doesn't matter. 

I asked Zarev if he is afraid of shock loss when implanting between native hair, because i heard such opinion from other clinic. He said simply "No" and smiled. 

However i agree with you @Bandit90 that case of OP is different from mine. His pattern is same (Norwood7), but he has less native hair and his donor was not virgin before surgery. So it's good that he decided to be conservative. Second surgery should focus on implanting more hair behind frontal third and that's it. 

To follow up on these comments...I will weigh in on this since the clinic left the same initial gap on me in my first procedure.

What I've come to not understand is why they (Vinita, Das, etc) transplant the upper crown area but not the lower crown. I think that most clinics, if beginning a plan with high Norwoods like us, would focus solely on the hairline to midscalp region first, and leave the entire crown bare. This implanting to the upper half of the crown but not the lower half, I've really only seen with Eugenix to be fair. And I have come to agree it leads to an initially unnatural look, because when people bald at the crown the entire crown thins, not just the lower half. I don't understand why they don't just also leave the upper crown bare in a circular shape and put all grafts from midscalp to hairline with first procedure. 

@JC90 I wish you the best but I can attest that being on finasteride and minoxidil did not regrow that lower-crown region in my case nearly enough, so I had to have that area transplanted to in additional procedures. Once the hair loses over like 50% of original thickness and strength, as it surely has in your case there as well, it cannot be recovered to appear as normal, thick, DHT-resistant hair, even throwing the kitchen sink of medications and treatments at it.

Instagram: ethanlculver
Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024
Treatments: Oral finasteride 1 mg, topical minoxidil, vitamin with biotin, hyaluronic acid moisturizer; all 6 days/week

On 5/24/2024 at 7:58 PM, GeneralNorwood said:

But the thing is that there is no master plan at Eugenix. They rather try to please patients, even if patients have  crazy ideas. And there is unknown number of surgeries. Patient will come one more time and one more time, because there are still bald spots. And that's good for the clinic of course, but not good for patients.

If you want master plan you have to go for example to Zarev and that's the best example and we can go back to argument that  we can't compare Eugenix to Zarev. 

But there are other surgeons too, that can  present a master plan. Ferreira's plan maybe wasn't as detailed as Zarev's, but he directly said that i need 2 surgeries and 5000+ grafts. 

And speaking about Etwan. He kind of dictated his last surgery, so i guess he is better at planning surgeries then Sethi :D

As I commented above, now over 2 years after my first HT, I agree I don't understand why Eugenix often does the top half of the crown but not the bottom half...because they only have to end up doing it anyway if patients go back. Why not concentrate on midscalp to hairline first...and then cover entire circular crown area later...idk.

But, Sethi was not involved in my first procedure at all...that was all Das. It was about a 15 minute planning session and go. True, no master plan. Just cover the area they want, recommend medication, and then say "we'll see how things look down the road."

I did dictate my 3rd HT very much so. The good news is I got pretty much all areas of my scalp covered...the bad news is I'm not really pleased with how the growth from #2 and #3 has come in...check my thread for update.

• Like 2

Eugenix (Drs. Das/Somesh/Vinita) | 11,102 grafts | NW 6/7 | 28 yrs old | 2022/2023/2024
Treatments: Oral finasteride 1 mg, topical minoxidil, vitamin with biotin, hyaluronic acid moisturizer; all 6 days/week

Posted (edited)

@JC90 Just want to keep it real with you...

You will 100% need to have another procedure to fill this gap (assuming that's something you'll want to do). No amount of finasteride, dutasteride, or minoxidil will regrow it.

53FA5A7E-4091-4F43-A034-268AE5B0899D.jpeg.892689383dca42754373c6a5be1ce65a2.thumb.jpeg.a613055c62329e30ce09bbcf8ad52530.jpeg

I don't know why Vinita/Das etc. decided to employ this design strategy instead of something like below. Would be interesting to learn where they learned it from.

53FA5A7E-4091-4F43-A034-268AE5B0899D.jpeg.892689383dca42754373c6a5be1ce65a3.thumb.jpeg.36a4e215a9ff3e5c9707e6cacdbd0365.jpeg

Edited by general-etwan
  • Like 4

On 8/16/2024 at 10:22 PM, JC90 said:

I’m now a few days from the 3 month mark since surgery. The redness is starting to fade. I’m starting to see a little growth which is giving me confidence for the next 4-8 weeks plus. 
I’ll provide another update in 4-6 weeks 

03D301B3-6B95-4E2B-BC73-E708ABF5EC60.jpeg

FEF0BA6E-5799-4B1E-B5FF-881E36530D70.jpeg

C4C05D0D-9006-43CD-9BAA-DA713BC0D18A.jpeg

I think it looks promising! Your hair color will certainly help:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2024 at 9:29 PM, davidn said:

I think it looks promising! Your hair color will certainly help:)

3 months 1 week since my HT now. I’m seeing some progress in my mid crown. I’m waiting for my front to catch up. 

the redness in my donor area is also starting to fade. 

roll on getting through month 4. 

AC073979-63EF-46C3-97E6-E98A1BCD1BBB.jpeg

9302EF21-A375-4E7A-8216-2492779745CD.jpeg

• Like 4

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, JC90 said:

3 months 1 week since my HT now. I’m seeing some progress in my mid crown. I’m waiting for my front to catch up. 

the redness in my donor area is also starting to fade. 

roll on getting through month 4. 

AC073979-63EF-46C3-97E6-E98A1BCD1BBB.jpeg

9302EF21-A375-4E7A-8216-2492779745CD.jpeg

Looking good already 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...