Dr/Juan Couto, FUEXPERT, Spain, 3500 Graft

3 hours ago, Hex13 said:

Day 19, was washing my hair then i noticed i have hair in my hair? Is this shedding? 

IMG_9898.jpeg

No that is not shedding. When it sheds it means between 10% to 90% percent of the transplanted hairs fall out depending on the person. I can see it is slowly starting to shed. 

46 minutes ago, hairyelswhere said:

No that is not shedding. When it sheds it means between 10% to 90% percent of the transplanted hairs fall out depending on the person. I can see it is slowly starting to shed. 

So did I dislodge grafts? 

I read what I wrote, i mean, a hair in my hand 

49 minutes ago, hairyelswhere said:

• Valued Contributor

I’m just coming across this and I wanted to say that the work looks really clean and frames your face perfectly. I can see that you are stressed about the process but you’re doing great!

If those hairs are coming from the transplanted area then they are just hairs shedding from the grafts. Perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Those grafts are really secure and safe in your scalp around day 7 or 8 so don’t worry about any dislodged grafts. If they were to dislodge you would see a bulb with the hair followed by quite a lot of blood but, again, you’re a little far into the process for that.

I’m looking forward to following along to the end with you. I hope you grow that awesome mane back out!

Happy growing!

Edited by Steeeve
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Steeeve said:

I’m just coming across this and I wanted to say that the work looks really clean and frames your face perfectly. I can see that you are stressed about the process but you’re doing great!

If those hairs are coming from the transplanted area then they are just hairs shedding from the grafts. Perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Those grafts are really secure and safe in your scalp around day 7 or 8 so don’t worry about any dislodged grafts. If they were to dislodge you would see a bulb with the hair followed by quite a lot of blood but, again, you’re a little far into the process for that.

I’m looking forward to following along to the end with you. I hope you grow that awesome mane back out!

Happy growing!

Thanks steve so much for your comment. It really relaxed me.. i do appreciate it .. actually this paranoia stems from the importance of the surgery to me.. and I'm just afraid if i'm doing something wrong that i'm not aware of.. so I always ask to fix the mistake before it is too late .. thanks again man

Update: 

I took a shower with a hot water( it was written in the instruction No Sauna ) .. Then I asked the Clinic via email..they replied with this (The first month you must avoid saunas, hot water as well or any kind of hot source, like a barbecue for example)

The two problem:

-I took almost 3 shower with hot water(just for minutes ) 

-So I work in a place where there is heat, I wear a hat and there is air conditioning.. so no sweat or my head exposed directly to heat .. ( I get back to work after 13 days from the last day of surgery)

they told me one of the medical team will call you .. 

Could I have your opinion please?

Hi dude, you’re really overthinking this, don’t worry, just don’t scald your scalp or anything and try and be soft with it. For me the most important thing is don’t get into sunlight for the first two months until what are basically really small scars heal. 

In my limited understanding, you really don’t want those scars to pigment. Also I’ve never used a sauna so that wasn’t any trouble for me 😅 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Diff-thinner said:

Hi dude, you’re really overthinking this, don’t worry, just don’t scald your scalp or anything and try and be soft with it. For me the most important thing is don’t get into sunlight for the first two months until what are basically really small scars heal. 

In my limited understanding, you really don’t want those scars to pigment. Also I’ve never used a sauna so that wasn’t any trouble for me 😅 

I'm just confused.. is blood from the graft is the only way to know that I dislodged or hurt a graft? Or maybe I hurt a graft without any sign? Like a graft is dead because of heat from water and no sign is shown .. it is just dead without anything appearing in the surface.. it is dead inside the scalp .. 

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, Hex13 said:

I'm just confused.. is blood from the graft is the only way to know that I dislodged or hurt a graft? Or maybe I hurt a graft without any sign? Like a graft is dead because of heat from water and no sign is shown .. it is just dead without anything appearing in the surface.. it is dead inside the scalp .. 

Really the best thing you can do is wait forDr. Cuoto’s response. It’ll more than likely be from a team member. They’ll have the knowledge to tell you what you need to know.

No offense to anyone else’s knowledge here-I think everyone is giving you good advice but the best way to put your mind at ease is to wait for their response.

I would like to say that I think you’re going to be alright. A little bit of heat and sweat shouldn’t curb the growth that you’re going to see in the coming months. As mentioned earlier you should avoid direct sunlight but the showers that I took post-op were pretty hot showers and I don’t believe my growth was affected.

That’s just my 2 cents.

• Valued Contributor
13 minutes ago, Hex13 said:

Update2:

Doctor Juan called me for a 30 minute call .. He answered my questions .. he told me everything is okay .. if i didnt get redness after heating and i was covering my head so it is okay 

Looks I answered at the same time you updated! 👍🏻🙂

16 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

Looks I answered at the same time you updated! 👍🏻🙂

Thanks Steve for answering my doubts.. 

about this white pimple.. literally do nothing? No ointment.. nothing ? Just leave it ? 
And shall I avoid clean my head with baby shampoo when this pimple is here or wait until it is gone? 

23 minutes ago, Steeeve said:

Looks like you’ve got a pimple/ingrown hair. Totally normal at this stage. Just don’t pop it and it’ll eventually go away.

Another question if you may..  did i do something wrong about my hygiene to avoid it so this white pimple doesn't appear anymore? 

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Hex13 said:

Thanks Steve for answering my doubts.. 

about this white pimple.. literally do nothing? No ointment.. nothing ? Just leave it ? 
And shall I avoid clean my head with baby shampoo when this pimple is here or wait until it is gone? 

You can still clean your head. It should be fine. The best thing to do is just leave it alone-don’t pop it. Cleaning your head shouldn’t pop it, though.  It’ll go away on its own.

4 hours ago, Hex13 said:

Another question if you may..  did i do something wrong about my hygiene to avoid it so this white pimple doesn't appear anymore? 

You didn’t do anything wrong. Usually pimples or ingrown hairs mean that a graft shed and the new hair is already trying to break through. Popping them can lead to stunted or poor growth. It could also lead to folliculitis.  There is a chance that it’s not a new hair but you still don’t want to deal with folliculitis. 

11 hours ago, Steeeve said:

You can still clean your head. It should be fine. The best thing to do is just leave it alone-don’t pop it. Cleaning your head shouldn’t pop it, though.  It’ll go away on its own.

You didn’t do anything wrong. Usually pimples or ingrown hairs mean that a graft shed and the new hair is already trying to break through. Popping them can lead to stunted or poor growth. It could also lead to folliculitis.  There is a chance that it’s not a new hair but you still don’t want to deal with folliculitis. 

I sent email to the team yesterday and they sent me this message:

This is normal, you must drain it with a cotton swab and Iodine or other antiseptic solution. Apply the Iodine to the cotton swab and press it rolling until you see that the content of pus is clean.

• Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
52 minutes ago, Hex13 said:

I sent email to the team yesterday and they sent me this message:

This is normal, you must drain it with a cotton swab and Iodine or other antiseptic solution. Apply the Iodine to the cotton swab and press it rolling until you see that the content of pus is clean.

This is great to know! So I guess as long as you’re treating the affected area appropriately  it should be okay. Thanks for the update!

• Thanks 1