Pluggy hairline removal / donor restocking, 2 repairs with Dr Ball (Maitland Clinic)

17 minutes ago, hb111 said:

Sorry I'm a little confused. So it was your decision to do the extraction test just for your own peace of mind? Thanks again

It was a good evaluation tool for both Dr Ball and myself, when you know you heal okay it makes the first major punch out session safer

• Like 1

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

Thanks that makes total sense, very sensible approach on your part.

I am curious about the timeline. Did Dr Ball want to wait until the 9 month mark after your initial consultation or was that simply when the scheduling worked? Thanks again.

• Like 1

Best to talk it out with him and David mate, time needed should be evaluated based on each patient's situation

• Like 1

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, some updates post short haircut (feel free to make fun of it, first thing I did was go home and wash the spray off 🙂)

Left side: 9 months post repair / Right side: 5 months post repair

PXL_20240812_0909213902.thumb.jpg.c3c719e35962d1964ec6c1c859a7c5ae.jpgPXL_20240812_090919226_MP2.thumb.jpg.c0ceab49cefa046ffb6fada2fe1ba7eb.jpgPXL_20240812_0908065712.thumb.jpg.a9d1562b81f9b80ce636811c884fbf61.jpgPXL_20240812_0907114832.thumb.jpg.e21bf0c75a2792f17b013a39123b50a2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Looks brilliant Paul, really happy for you. Because you have the keenest eye for yourself, do you notice anything different from before your HT? I honestly can't even tell you had work done. 

3 hours ago, hb111 said:

Looks brilliant Paul, really happy for you. Because you have the keenest eye for yourself, do you notice anything different from before your HT? I honestly can't even tell you had work done. 

Thank you

If I'm being picky

• Some of the hairline miniaturized hairs fell out, hence that hairline gap widened a bit. Surgery trauma likely sped up the process and they would have gone over time anyway
  • And donor, with wet hair you can make out the most pummeled area a bit on one side

But again, this is only since you asked about details, I'm not really bothered at this point

image.png.553e82c595661975dde39a20f2c76f47.png

image.thumb.png.fcf27033bad4b87f057213e7c8be67d2.png

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Waffle Winchester said:

Very interesting stuff! tbh probably what I'll be looking into soon. 😂 Paul, I'm glad you were able to do this for yourself to help bring your confidence back. The doctor did a fantastic job of repairing the damage from the pluggy hair transplant. Hopefully from here on out things will keep going smoothly.

Thanks mate. Undergoing this repair with Dr Ball was amazing, both physically and mentally

I remember your thread, hope this helps you in your decision/next steps. Don't hesitate to ask if you need a hand

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Your donor is looking spot on in my book @Paul_ 👌

Thank you Gatsby. It feels great not having to bother about it anymore

• Well Done 1

Yeah man, learning about all of this has been a huge help! It gives hope to people like me who feel stuck, and now I know that there are options available when I originally thought it was impossible. I'm thankful for people like you who take the time to share your journey to help lift others who are in the same position. I'll definitely reach out to you again before I look into scheduling with Bell next year. :)

Thank you Paul.

Edited by Waffle Winchester
  • Thanks 1

Hey Paul, its me again lol. I was wondering how does the donor area compare now to your hair pre op? As in before your first surgery and got overharvested. I'm trying to look at a future repair surgery in all expectations. 

Also, did you get any donor restocking in the back of your head? I only saw they did the sides. for my case I might need both the sides of my head and the back.