Scab Removal Question

Hello everyone,

I'm on day 10 of my transplant, and my transplanted hair has scabs and cracks forming. Can I leave Jojoba oil on my scabs for 30 minutes before showering to help me remove the scabs more easily?

My doctor suggested Baby oil or Coconut oil, but I live in a small city, and I can't find these anywhere, and to order them online will take a few days to reach me. However, I currently have Jojoba available at home.

How about soaking your head with water and baby shampoo for 30 minutes and then shower? I did that and I had also applied sunflower oil (prescribed). Even if not all scabs come off same day—its fine. I always lean towards being extra cautious when applying any product—especially soon after HT—which is not approved by your doctor.

12.5k grafts with Dr. Felipe Pitella in Jan 2024.

Link to my journey:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/71724-12501-grafts-dr-felipe-pittella-jan-2024/

On 5/30/2024 at 10:37 PM, YodaHead said:

How about soaking your head with water and baby shampoo for 30 minutes and then shower? I did that and I had also applied sunflower oil (prescribed). Even if not all scabs come off same day—its fine. I always lean towards being extra cautious when applying any product—especially soon after HT—which is not approved by your doctor.

Thank you, I did this and the scabs came off!