How to go about finding a good Electrolysis Technician?

Posted (edited)

Hi, I had a procedure done about 15 months ago to add density to the fronto-temporal region of my hairline. To me the hairline looks too straight and harsh for my liking, so I'd like to undergo electrolysis to remove some of the grafts and hopefully achieve a softer aesthetic. Is there a list of recommended electrolysis technicians that have experience working with hairlines or does have anyone have any tips/recommendations in general to avoid screwing this up? 

Thanks

Edited by 9N5J__

I just searched with Google Maps and called around to find mine. Are you not able to find one in your area?

I'd also read up on the different electrolysis methods and figure out which you think is best for your situation, and be sure to ask anywhere you call to see what they offer and recommend.

🧑🏽‍⚕️ Help others by naming your clinic and surgeon, in your post title if possible.

💊 Help yourself by directing medical questions to medical professionals. No one here can safely provide medical advice like your primary care physician.

💬 Help the forum by adding a Like or other reaction to an existing comment before repeating what others have already said.

3 hours ago, SuperC said:

I just searched with Google Maps and called around to find mine. Are you not able to find one in your area?

I'd also read up on the different electrolysis methods and figure out which you think is best for your situation, and be sure to ask anywhere you call to see what they offer and recommend.

I'll start calling around and getting some information. What method did you end up using? 

I underwent electrolysis to remove facial hair. In my case, my electrologist recommended the galvanic method. It is slow and rather painful, but very effective.

Your technician may recommend another method, such as thermolysis or a blend. I would just make sure to ask how effective and efficient the treatment options are for your hair type before choosing, because often times many sessions are required to eliminate all hair and prevent regrowth.

🧑🏽‍⚕️ Help others by naming your clinic and surgeon, in your post title if possible.

💊 Help yourself by directing medical questions to medical professionals. No one here can safely provide medical advice like your primary care physician.

💬 Help the forum by adding a Like or other reaction to an existing comment before repeating what others have already said.

Thats the same situation I'm in, explained to the Dr I didn't want a straight hairline but they still gave me a super straight hairline. When I came in a couple years later to get it corrected the Dr had to much pride to admit it was a straight hairline and did not fix it. 

only issue with with electrolysis is your not sure which exact hairs need to be removed when you come back for more visits. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, baddecisions said:

What about punching out those grafts and reutilitzing them elsewhere?

This is a potential solution; however, I would prefer to minimize the risk of scaring and money spent. 

I have a meeting with a HT doctor in a couple weeks to discuss all the options in more detail.