Sleeping post HT

How long after HT did you guys sleep normally on a pillow? 
My clinic has said after 7 days it’s all good to sleep normally, but with a google search some places recommend a fair bit longer (upwards of 2 weeks). 
How long did everyone here wait? 

My surgeon recommended sleeping at a 45º angle for the first 5 days, and then continuing beyond that point if I was still experiencing swelling.

After 5 days, I switched from using a wedge pillow to just a thick pillow and lying on my back all night with a protective cap on, and did this for another week or so until the scabs had fallen off.

🧑🏽‍⚕️ Help others by naming your clinic and surgeon, in your post title if possible.

💊 Help yourself by directing medical questions to medical professionals. No one here can safely provide medical advice like your primary care physician.

💬 Help the forum by adding a Like or other reaction to an existing comment before repeating what others have already said.

• Moderators

I don't see any reason to wait 2 weeks. 7 days is fine. I switched to normal sleeping after 6 days.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I resumed a normal sleeping position after 5 days on all of my procedures with no issues whatsoever.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I slept flat on the back straight away from the same day as the operation - which was what my doctor recommended. No issues, and I actually then slept good!

Did you have FUE or FUHT?

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Posted (edited)

FUE - by Dr Pinto if it matters. Thats what he recommends, to keep things simple ☺️

clearly FUT and the scar might be a different story altogether 😉

Edited by donpizmeov

Yes my friend, a very big difference between having small extraction sites compared to having a large strip scar across the back of the scalp.

Gillenator