Small amount of dried blood - a sign of a lost graft?

Hey you all,

I had a hair transplant about two months ago. Since the growing usually starts at around month four, I have plenty of time to worry about the potential success of my procedure. I was looking at post op pictures the other day and noticed small amounts of dried blood in the recipient area. This was the day after the procedure. 

If you browse the internet there are people that claim that there shouldn't be any bleeding at all. I thought small amounts after the surgery are common, especially since my immediate post op pictures at the surgeons clinic also. contained small amounts of blood. However now I'm worrying and I hope somebody can answer the question above. 

Also, is a lost graft always associated with some amount of bleeding or can they be lost without it?

Thank you so much!

image.thumb.jpeg.299134541e599e30d599408b53334f78.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.50328217064db6da4aa942dcebe0dfd4.jpeg

• Moderators

It looks normal. You had a few grafts that were still bleeding a bit. That's not unusual for the first day or so.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.