Dr Ted Miln - 2 Day 5,757 FUE Procedure - June 2024

• Valued Contributor
On 6/19/2024 at 9:28 AM, Sunshine09 said:

hey, what were the logistics like? are there hotels nearby? easy enough to get taxis around that area? did you drive from devon to wales?

Dr Ted's clinic is literally a stone's throw from Cardiff Airport (about a 10-15 minute drive). I asked Dr Ted about logistics and he ensured me that Uber services the area and there's no real issues with taxis typically (presumably due to proximity to the airport!). That said, I believe if you were staying locally that you could speak to Dr T and they could organise something where needs be.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, WSR9351 said:

Hi ! 😁

I'd describe St. Athan as being semi-rural as in reality it's on the very outskirts of Cardiff & Barry and therefore quite accessible from the M4 motorway. There are definitely lots of hotels in the surrounding areas, however we opted for a rather beautiful and reasonably priced Air BnB just a 5 minute car journey away in Cowbridge. This allowed me a bit of privacy after the procedure aswell as our own facilities over a hotel, and it was no more expensive really. We did drive from Devon ourselves so I can't speak for taxis/public transport etc. but it's not the 'back end of beyond' so I'm sure there are options available.

I saw a few videos of Dr. Ted walking around the clinic on IG, it looks serene. Hard to believe its that close to a major city. 

Reminds me of the old microsoft wallpaper

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 hours ago, WSR9351 said:

Hi ! 😁

I'd describe St. Athan as being semi-rural as in reality it's on the very outskirts of Cardiff & Barry and therefore quite accessible from the M4 motorway. There are definitely lots of hotels in the surrounding areas, however we opted for a rather beautiful and reasonably priced Air BnB just a 5 minute car journey away in Cowbridge. This allowed me a bit of privacy after the procedure aswell as our own facilities over a hotel, and it was no more expensive really. We did drive from Devon ourselves so I can't speak for taxis/public transport etc. but it's not the 'back end of beyond' so I'm sure there are options available.

thanks for the info. thats useful.

just a quick question. So Dr Ted did the incisions first on the recipient area then did the extractions? or the other way around? And are all of the implantations were done by techs?

On 6/21/2024 at 10:51 AM, Sunshine09 said:

thanks for the info. thats useful.

just a quick question. So Dr Ted did the incisions first on the recipient area then did the extractions? or the other way around? And are all of the implantations were done by techs?

Yes, that's correct. The Doctor did the incisions followed by the extractions himself. All of the grafts were then implanted by his long-established and trusted team. He would frequently check in on their progress/work and to see how I was feeling. I felt at all times that I was in good, experienced hands and there was never any cause for concern because Ted carried out most of the work himself and very closely monitored the remainder of the proceedure. They only operate on one patient per day and he was always either present or available to me and his staff throughout both of the days that I was there which isn't the case in a great number of clinics. I hope that helps.

Posted (edited)

Week three update 😁

There has been significant growth all over during the last week or so which is really encouraging. Not that I was ever in any serious doubt, but it's great to see the donor areas filling out again and proving I haven't lost any noticable density. It's almost time for a trim to keep it even and tidy 😯

However, I've only just today noticed some mild shedding and a small number of hairs jumping ship 😔 Previous to that there has been literally next to nothing, and I was almost starting to think I was the exception to the rule ! Whilst it's sad to see, I'm still getting a good insight and it's a marked improvement on where things were at prior to the procedure.

20240624_140330.jpg

20240624_140333.jpg

20240624_140336.jpg

20240624_140338.jpg

Edited by WSR9351
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Looks amazing, just be prepared for the dreaded shed.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...

One month post-op today ! 

It's less of an update on any actual 'progress' and more about healing/recovery because as predicted the shedding began last week, and boy has it shed so far ! 🥺

Still, I've had a good insight in to how it should grow back and now it's just a waiting game. My scalp still feels a little tight, numb and itchy at times but with the number of grafts transplanted, I guess that's to be expected at only four weeks. I'm also experiencing a little bit of dandruff as you can see but again, there were a lot of incisions and trauma to the scalp and so I'm not surprised and the Nizoral shampoo is helping greatly to get it gone.

I'll check in again in a few months time when hopefully there will be some decent change and/or progress to report.

20240702_143601.jpg

20240702_102056.jpg

20240702_102102.jpg

20240702_102106.jpg

20240702_143823.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks on track 🙏

• Like 1

View my thread

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Three month (and one week) update ...

I've given up using the clippers as of about three weeks ago and instead just letting it grow out a little so as I can have a 'proper' haircut with the barber soon. As a consequence it looks a little scruffy/patchy at the moment because I also wanted the pictures to be natural and so didn't use any styling products.

There hasn't really been any discernible growth spurts as such, but the recipient area seems just seems to be filling out and very gradually which is giving a little more coverage.

Any thoughts on the progress for this stage ? Sometimes I remind myself of the starting point and think 'WOW', but other times I'm struggling to notice any real growth of new darker hairs (there seems to be a lot of very thin, pale and whispy hairs which don't help with creating any density). I guess this is 'the journey' of ups and down that people often reference.

On the plus side, the donor area shock loss does seem to be recovering slowly but surely which is reassuring aswell.

20240902_142726.jpg

20240902_142744.jpg

20240902_142759.jpg

20240902_142823.jpg

• Moderators

3 months is very early. Growth is just starting. You should see a lot of improvement over the next couple of months.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

It looks right on track, but the donor looks untouched as well. Happy growing mate 🙏 

• Like 1

View my thread