Am I wrong in thinking this is not a good result 9 months after a HT surgery?

• Moderators
On 6/17/2024 at 11:30 PM, ZaynSzn said:

4000 Grafts for that region is INSANE, even for the crown. If anyone defends this work they are most likely moderators or getting paid. This was not a 4000 Graft procedure. I am surprised a surgeon that wasn't a hair mill would even do this. It has only been 9 months but that shouldgive you a general idea of how it will turn out. Good luck my man.

This is the type of comment that really bugs me. Why would you just assume a moderator would defend this work? I'm the only moderator who commented here, so if you're talking about my comment, the only thing I said was a response to someone who said it was 4000 grafts wasted. I said he had a lot of grafts placed into the crown, so without being able to see how that turned out we can't really say it's 4000 grafts wasted. How is a common sense truthful statement defending the clinic? Where did I defend anything or anyone? I simple said we don't know how the crown turned out because he hasn't shown us the crown results. Does that mean I think the front looks good? No. I didn't say it did. Let me also point out that I'm a NW 7 repair patient who had many hair transplants trying to fix a botched job years ago. I would never defend clinics who routinely do crap work.

• Like 4

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

5 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

This is the type of comment that really bugs me. Why would you just assume a moderator would defend this work? I'm the only moderator who commented here, so if you're talking about my comment, the only thing I said was a response to someone who said it was 4000 grafts wasted. I said he had a lot of grafts placed into the crown, so without being able to see how that turned out we can't really say it's 4000 grafts wasted. How is a common sense truthful statement defending the clinic? Where did I defend anything or anyone? I simple said we don't know how the crown turned out because he hasn't shown us the crown results. Does that mean I think the front looks good? No. I didn't say it did. Let me also point out that I'm a NW 7 repair patient who had many hair transplants trying to fix a botched job years ago. I would never defend clinics who routinely do crap work.

Whether that Crown region filled up or not isn't the point. Using 4000 grafts to fill such a small area ISN'T good. If you think that it's okay to use 4k grafts in such a little area then I don't know what to tell you. It was HEAVY overkill to implant that many grafts on the crown that wasn't even bad to begin with. I bet he lost native hair as well but who knows! I still believe that even if he gets a perfect crown that it was not worth it to use that many grafts.

• Moderators
On 6/20/2024 at 8:35 AM, ZaynSzn said:

Whether that Crown region filled up or not isn't the point. Using 4000 grafts to fill such a small area ISN'T good. If you think that it's okay to use 4k grafts in such a little area then I don't know what to tell you. It was HEAVY overkill to implant that many grafts on the crown that wasn't even bad to begin with. I bet he lost native hair as well but who knows! I still believe that even if he gets a perfect crown that it was not worth it to use that many grafts.

Was 4000 too many? Maybe, but when I saw the pictures I felt he was a diffuse thinner with a lot of crown and midscalp loss. I'll post a picture below. What we really need is a breakdown of how many grafts were placed in the front and how many in the crown. Anyway, I'll say again that the only thing I originally commented on concerning the 4000 grafts was we don't know how many may be wasted without seeing results of the crown (and without knowing the breakdown). 4000 grafts may have been more than he needed, but saying all 4000 grafts were wasted when we can only see results of one section isn't right either.

Screen Shot 2024-06-22 at 1.50.20 AM.png

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 6/22/2024 at 1:54 AM, Al - Moderator said:

Was 4000 too many? Maybe, but when I saw the pictures I felt he was a diffuse thinner with a lot of crown and midscalp loss. I'll post a picture below. What we really need is a breakdown of how many grafts were placed in the front and how many in the crown. Anyway, I'll say again that the only thing I originally commented on concerning the 4000 grafts was we don't know how many may be wasted without seeing results of the crown (and without knowing the breakdown). 4000 grafts may have been more than he needed, but saying all 4000 grafts were wasted when we can only see results of one section isn't right either.

4000 is WAY too many. The doctor who performed 4k grafts in this area is VERY unethical. Anyone who knows hair transplants know that. 4k Grafts can cover a big area. You stating that "Maybe" its too many is very odd. You KNOW its too many. I bet 2k grafts were wasted while destroying some native hair. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZaynSzn said:

4000 is WAY too many. The doctor who performed 4k grafts in this area is VERY unethical. Anyone who knows hair transplants know that. 4k Grafts can cover a big area. You stating that "Maybe" its too many is very odd. You KNOW its too many. I bet 2k grafts were wasted while destroying some native hair. 

I believe that a small number of grafts were extracted and implanted.

Not everything that is expensive is quality, but quality work is expensive. 

if you prioritize saving a few thousand dollars then you have to realize you are taking a bit of a gamble. 

hope that makes sense. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ZaynSzn said:

It depends tho. 4000 is a lot and this is very poor work, but crowns can eat up a lot of graft. If he had gone to someone like Pittella and said he used 4000 grafts, nobody would bat an eyelid.

I think it's important OP tells us who the doctor is and shares graft breakdown and post op pics to know how how badly he was butchered.

I'm not sure what value the recommendation list holds anymore when you see work like this from doctors on it.

Edited by 4chanhrn

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, 4chanhrn said:

It depends tho. 4000 is a lot and this is very poor work, but crowns can eat up a lot of graft. If he had gone to someone like Pittella and said he used 4000 grafts, nobody would bat an eyelid.

I think it's important OP tells us who the doctor is and shares graft breakdown and post op pics to know how how badly he was butchered.

I'm not sure what value the recommendation list holds anymore when you see work like this from doctors on it.

Brother, he used a recommended surgeon on this site. Like I said it does not matter if one of the best surgeons in the world did this. 4k Grafts for this area???????? You cannot defend that lol. Look at his pre op crown region. That is not a 4k graft area. Some could potentially argue that you are doing more harm then good because of the native hairs. I don't know man, thats sketchy as hell.

Edit: You can obviously see some thinning but not a CRAZY amount to use more than half of the grafts you have lol.

pre op.jpg

Edited by ZaynSzn

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ZaynSzn said:

Brother, he used a recommended surgeon on this site. Like I said it does not matter if one of the best surgeons in the world did this. 4k Grafts for this area???????? You cannot defend that lol. Look at his pre op crown region. That is not a 4k graft area. Some could potentially argue that you are doing more harm then good because of the native hairs. I don't know man, thats sketchy as hell.

Edit: You can obviously see some thinning but not a CRAZY amount to use more than half of the grafts you have lol.

pre op.jpg

I'm not defending anything. OP said he used 4000 grafts total, not for that area. ChatGPT estimates 1000-1500 used in crown and 2000-2500 for front from post-op pics provided. That's why I asked for graft breakdown.

Recommended does not mean much. There are docs with little patient reviews, poor work(like this) on that list.

Edited by 4chanhrn

• 2 months later...
On 6/18/2024 at 6:53 AM, Shawnintheusa said:

This doesn’t look like the inside of Yaman’s clinic

As someone who's had a HT from Dr. Yaman this looks a lot like one of his procedures - from the graft count and breakdown over the marker used on the scalp and mostly to the punch size and extraction pattern.

I just got a chance to view this post ans I am surprised I got to the end without seeing the Dr's name! There was some speculation but it's not fair to the Dr if it turns out to be someone else. Would the OP mind sharing the clinic info please?