Loniten - Where?

Does anyone have a suggestion how I can get Pfizer's Loniten?  In the USA, only the generics are offered.  (I tend to be sensitive to some generics; and I think it's worth at least trying the brand, if I can get access.)  I'm not having much luck with tele-visit Canadian pharmacies.  I welcome your suggestions.

17 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Pfizer stopped the manufacture of Loniten for a year. It only became available here in Australia very late last year. I don't know if that has had an impact in the States?

I know it seems like an unusual request, so, I really appreciate that feedback.  The USA websites say it's Discontinued; I assume this means USA won't begin making it again.  I will look into Canadian pharmacies some more.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Pfizer stopped the manufacture of Loniten for a year. It only became available here in Australia very late last year. I don't know if that has had an impact in the States?

I just read through a helpful post Vinny wrote - about Sublingual Minoxidil.  The sublingual route may be a better option for me in order to (slightly) reduce side effects.  

• Administrators

You can get the generic for loniten at CVS. It’s about $18 for 10mg tablets that you can cut in half. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 6/16/2024 at 7:31 PM, Gatsby said:

Pfizer stopped the manufacture of Loniten for a year. It only became available again here in Australia very late last year. I don't know if that has had an impact in the States?

Hi Gatsby, although I take generic oral minoxidil, my doctor is willing to write for sublingual liquid. Something similar to this, but from my local compound pharmacy.  I believe I would have less side effects on sublingual.   Do you suggest I explore this sublingual liquid route further, or stay on the oral Minoxidil pill?   https://www.bayviewrx.com/formulas/Minoxidil-2-5-mg-ml-Oral-Sublingual-Solution-Alopecia-Hypertension-Androgenic-Alopecia-Telogen-Effluvium-Hypotrichosis-

• Valued Contributor

I'm not a doctor so I really can't comment on this liquid version. I would imagine that if you are experience minoxidil related side effects then you may get them on the sublingual liquid form. They both have to pass through the liver. I would be guided by your doctor on this. All the best.

• Like 1

@Affectionatefail25, 15 years ago I used Propecia pills and it hurt my libido, also I used local generic Minoxidil that didn't work on me, unlike oral Finasteride it didn't cause me side effects.

3 years ago I started using topical formula of 1% Finasteride mixed with 5% Minoxidil with good renew hairs mainly over my crown without side effects, I use the brand of HDC of gel formula, so far we have really good feedbacks from our patients.

I never used other topical brands to compare.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic.

For consultation, WhatsApp: +972526542654

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

@Affectionatefail25, HDC formula is 1.0% Finasteride mixed with 5.0% Minoxidil.

It's effectiveness is various between each user, I would say the basis is to maintain and regrowth is an extra bonus from the product.

If you interested to order, you can send me message on my WhatApp +972526542654

It's 69€ per bottle.

Can see demonstration here:

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic.

For consultation, WhatsApp: +972526542654

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

1 hour ago, Affectionatefail25 said:

@Doron Harati thank you for the reply. I do have a liposomal solution from Dr Rassman which is 0.05 percent. I want to eventually go up to 0.1. I hope it works. Xyon gave me the worst sides ever. Way stronger than oral fin imo

Do you have sides from Dr. Rassman's liposomal solution?

@Fox243 none but i am noticing shedding. He told me that shedding is good. But i dont shed on oral. So how do i figure out if it’s shedding or hair loss. Somewhere I have started realizing that if I don’t get sides, I don’t see results either. When I get sides my hair growth is better. One is not independent of the other if that makes sense.

• 3 months later...
On 6/19/2024 at 2:33 AM, Gatsby said:

I would imagine that if you are experience minoxidil related side effects then you may get them on the sublingual liquid form. They both have to pass through the liver.

The required dosage to achieve an equivalent therapeutical effect is lower. Tablets get metabolised in the liver (first-pass effect) but in the case of the sublingual form it should enter the bloodstream directly. Not sure if the side effects thereby can be reduced. I wonder if it is available as a suppository (of course that wouldn't be my preferred delivery method though).