6 months on meds

Hey guys

Been on fin and oral minoxidil (I eat the all-in-one HIMS chews). Ingredients from the website say 1.1mg of fin, 3mg of minoxidil. It's been exactly 6 months and I don't see any real difference. I've had 2 sheds- possibly 3. Stopped counting bc it was making me anxious. I'm feeling sad. My hair feels weaker/stringier than ever before.

Am I out of the race or is there still hope?? 6 months seems like a long time 

Hard to tell without pics.

You may consider increasing the min dosage , or/and moving to dut.

I had not seen any results with fin alone. It was min which caused results for me, and it was around month 3. But im a diffuse thinner.

Also worth trying is the microneedling. I believe it helped me a lot and when I stop microneedling i feel like i lose ground. 1.5 mm , weekly. I strongly recommend.

If you are only recessing, i’d say maintenance is good and recovery may be too much to expect. Many people cant even maintain. 

Good luck.

• Moderators

If you had some me shedding it will take some time to get back to baseline. That can also be a sign that new hair is about to come in. You should probably stay on it a few more months to see if it starts improving. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.