3800 Grafts , FUE with Dr Fares Seffen in Tunis, Tunisia | May 2024

Hello everyone, 

I've recently had my hair transplant surgery done by Dr Fares Seffen and his team in Tunis, Tunisia and would like to share my experience and thoughts. 

About me : I am a 32 years old and my hairs started to recede around my early 20s. At this age, I knew it would obviously be too early to do such an intervention but the idea never really left my mind, but I really never acted to take any form of treatment to slow it down (Minoxidil, Finasteride).

I decided in 2023 to act upon it after some researches about the different surgeons, techniques and possible results. 

Why Dr Seffen : Being based in the United Kingdom, I was aware of many destinations in Europe for it, but I didn't want to rely on low cost clinics in Turkey (although there are some excellent Doctors over there).

I came across Dr Seffen's work and we had our first conference call in March 2024 and he immediately felt like the right choice to me:

Not only he takes the time to answer to his patients with detail, but he would immediately say what is possible and what's not. That contrasts with few other clinics I had meeting with who will promise unlimited number of grafts, etc. No surgeon is infallible of course, but Dr Seffen acts in the best interests of his patient and not for the rentability. The results coming out of his clinics found on many French forums are very consistent and positive. 

Location and facilities : Tunis is a 2h30 flight away from London, there are regular flights from LHR and LGW either directs or with stopover in France. 

Doctor Seffen has partnered with private drivers for the airport transfers and neighbouring hotels (3 mins walk from the clinic), which is a big plus for anyone looking into a turnkey solution.  

Intervention : I arrived the day before in Tunisia as per recommended by the doctor to take the time to settle. I met Dr Seffen on the next day with a pre surgery consultation at his clinic at 8am, he took the time to examine my hairs situation and designed the new proposed hairline. The intervention would be spanned across 2 days with the first day focused on the front line/temples and the second day for the midscalp. The vertex isn't severely touched yet so the doctor's plan would be to have this one potentially done on a second intervention AND after a 12 months prescription of Minoxidil and Finasteride (which I've now been taking since April)

The doctor and his staff were ready to begin straight after the consultation. I was not very worried about the pain overall, only felt the light pinches of the anesthesia injections. 

A specificity with Dr Seffen is that he is the only one making the grafts extraction and micro incisions, his assistants only second him for the counting etc. That is a major difference with some low cost Turkish or Greek clinics where unexperienced assistants can cause irreversible cosmetic damage to the donor zone. 

That's not something to be worried about with Dr Seffen, he takes regular breaks during the extraction so his team can clean and disinfect the zone and move to the next one. 

Once these meticulous extractions are done, him and his team could begin the transplant job, which took the majority of the afternoon but was painless! I almost fell asleep! 

Post Intervention After the intervention, the doctor gave me the prescription of all the post procedure medications and lotions that would be needed for the next 15 to 30 days. There's a pharmacy round the corner of the building so it's very easy to get them onsite. The first 3 nights are a bit tricky because you have to keep the scalp moisturised with the provided serum every hour so it means practically no deep sleep but it's for a good cause. 

We had a final consultation where he went trough this protocol to clarify all the points to follow (medications, daily shampoos, dos and don'ts etc) and answered all of my questions before taking my flight back to the UK.

It's now been 2 months and half post surgery and it seems that it is following its course, I think I just past the shedding phase and hope to have a great regrowth result in the next 4 to 15 months! The doctor had a first follow up with me after 10 days and is available to answer any question or advise at anytime.

I can only recommend him highly enough if you're after a real professional and dedicated surgeon that speaks the truth to his patient and delivers the best.

• Administrators

Can you share photos?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Very nice happy growing. It's great to see a case of Dr. Seffen on the forum.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Moderators

Thanks for posting your review and some pictures. Please keep us updated on how the growth comes in as the months go by.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Will be following your thread closely 👏🏼

View my thread

• 1 month later...

I'm now 3 months post surgery, and I can already see that the regrowth process started - which I wasn't expecting until the 4/5th month so its good news

The shedding phase was a bit worrying at times, a few painful pimples and the scalp was a bit itchy especially on the front line but I'd take this as a good sign. This part is somewhat a still bit pink-ish, especially after physical efforts that involves sweating, and seems to be growing at its own pace but overall the result will hopefully be there! 

IMG_9987.jpeg

IMG_9981.jpeg

IMG_9988.jpeg

• Administrators

Everything is looking good, thanks for sharing 🙏

View my thread

In my case, it was not necessary to extract and transplant any beard graft as my donor zone was in good shape, but I know that the doctor does beard transplants too so he might be able to do it as well, prob worth asking him? 

I'd estimate the price/graft at £0.95 to £1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 8/11/2024 at 6:17 AM, axl said:

In my case, it was not necessary to extract and transplant any beard graft as my donor zone was in good shape, but I know that the doctor does beard transplants too so he might be able to do it as well, prob worth asking him? 

I'd estimate the price/graft at £0.95 to £1

Wow that’s very affordable. Any further growth?

View my thread

Yes the growing continues and seems to progress well. I’ll be sharing new photos at the end of 4/5th Month, as I believe that it’s where the progress will be the most noticeable

• Like 1