Hairline Repair Surgeons

Has anyone had experience with hairline repair by Dr. Umar in SoCal?

Flying to Belgium multiple times for Dr. Feriduni would be tough but in willing to do it if he's the best option. This whole ordeal is such a nightmare and I can't help but beat myself up thinking if I'd done my reasearch in the beginning, I would have been moving on with my life right now.

• Valued Contributor

You already had hair where these new grafts have been placed so it’s unlikely if you do have some offensive grafts that punching them out would require multiple sessions. It’s more likely that the majority of the worst offenders could be removed in one sitting. If you were looking to take your hairline up completely this would be a different matter of course. 

All that said, try not to panic. First of all we don’t know how it’s going to look yet as you’re only a couple weeks post op. And secondly, until things have grown out no one can say what if any repair work you’d need. 

I sympathise because I will be having punch outs myself soon enough, but for now all you can do is move on and cross whatever bridge you need to when you get there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Berba11 said:

You already had hair where these new grafts have been placed so it’s unlikely if you do have some offensive grafts that punching them out would require multiple sessions. It’s more likely that the majority of the worst offenders could be removed in one sitting. If you were looking to take your hairline up completely this would be a different matter of course. 

All that said, try not to panic. First of all we don’t know how it’s going to look yet as you’re only a couple weeks post op. And secondly, until things have grown out no one can say what if any repair work you’d need. 

I sympathise because I will be having punch outs myself soon enough, but for now all you can do is move on and cross whatever bridge you need to when you get there. 

Thank you so much for this response. It really grounded me. I'm planning to post my entire journey here once I get close to doing the repair. It's still like to do my research in the meantime and get an idea of who is best for the job.

So far, I've read about Konior, Bisanga, Mwamba, Feriduni, and Luowarong.

I've had experience with my first transplant by Dr. Umar and he did a great job. I'm just not sure if he has extensive experience with repairs so i'm trying to see if anyone has stories. 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
21 minutes ago, RayKay said:

Thank you so much for this response. It really grounded me. I'm planning to post my entire journey here once I get close to doing the repair. It's still like to do my research in the meantime and get an idea of who is best for the job.

I've had experience with my first transplant by Dr. Umar and he did a great job. I'm just not sure if he has extensive experience with repairs so i'm trying to see if anyone has stories. 

I don't know too much about Dr Umar. What I will say is that a) most good surgeons will have taken on some repair work including punch outs from the hairline even if those results don't pass through forums like this (repair patients tend to less forthcoming about their experiences!) and b) punching out grafts from the hairline isn't really rocket science; the key is to take care not to over extract in one go and to ensure each punch out is safely distinct from the next so as not to turn multiple individual punch outs into one larger hole that will end up scaring and blemishing in an unsightly or obvious way. As long as the extractions are done cleanly and with care, the hairline doesn't usually scar.

I'd be surprised is Dr Umar hasn't ever done this, but if you have a pre-existing relationship with him then I'd sure he'd very much welcome hearing from you and you could ask him for his view and if he has dealt with such cases before.

On 6/20/2024 at 3:51 PM, RayKay said:

This looks to be a good list for hair repair options. Dr Konior and Bisanga certainly. There's a lot of repair case examples by them online if you have a good look. Dr Edward Ball here in the UK also seems to be doing more repair work of late also and is certainly worth checking out 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davies said:

This looks to be a good list for hair repair options. Dr Konior and Bisanga certainly. There's a lot of repair case examples by them online if you have a good look. Dr Edward Ball here in the UK also seems to be doing more repair work of late also and is certainly worth checking out 👍

Thank you! I really wish I found this community beforehand. I could have saved myself a lot of money and heartache.