Feller and Bloxham in CT, NJ, NY

45 minutes ago, LeonBlack said:

I’m not really trying to defend him… But I think that’s a little harsh/overkill with the concern about specific storage cups and the office decor.  I’m a medical professional and I’ve been there three times… cleanliness, sterility, etc was zero concern to me from my experience. 

I also found him to essentially be the same guy in person as in the videos… didn’t seem like fake/facade. Certainly your experience could have been different. 

I am also very pleased with my results, no concerns/regrets.  You can see my thread from the first transplant and I’ll continue to post about monthly on 2nd/3rd, but appears to be coming along nicely as anticipated. 

how were your results?

Thanks for giving perspective from your personal experience, @LeonBlack.  Always helpful. Thanks for chiming in man!

4 minutes ago, parsia said:

You're so welcome.

Their prices used to be on their website , I did a bit research for but can't find it anymore , I suggest contact them via email or phone and they will tell you about updated pricing , I'm sure if you compare their pricing with another elite doctors in US , You would find them more reasonable  ( The comparison between surgeon should be apple to apple though )

Hope that helps. 

Thanks man!  Definitely going to look into Shapiro as I continue researching.  Grateful!

4 minutes ago, CautiousResearcher said:

Thanks man!  Definitely going to look into Shapiro as I continue researching.  Grateful!

You're so welcome. Feel free to direct message me if you ever come to any question. You can also look at my thread of my surgery result .

41 minutes ago, parsia said:

You're so welcome. Feel free to direct message me if you ever come to any question. You can also look at my thread of my surgery result .

Thanks man!  Grateful for the offer to DM as questions come up.  Also wanna say, just checked out your thread, and man, you've got some serious density now!  Looking good!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CautiousResearcher said:

Thanks man!  Grateful for the offer to DM as questions come up.  Also wanna say, just checked out your thread, and man, you've got some serious density now!  Looking good!

Thank You for your kind words , Yes I believe basically went from Narwood 4.5 to 2.5 , 3000 graft on top and rest on the sides , I will keep updating my thread until month 14 , I Will also update end of this week since it will be my month 10.

Edited by parsia
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, LeonBlack said:

I’m not really trying to defend him… But I think that’s a little harsh/overkill with the concern about specific storage cups and the office decor.  I’m a medical professional and I’ve been there three times… cleanliness, sterility, etc was zero concern to me from my experience. 

I also found him to essentially be the same guy in person as in the videos… didn’t seem like fake/facade. Certainly your experience could have been different. 

I am also very pleased with my results, no concerns/regrets.  You can see my thread from the first transplant and I’ll continue to post about monthly on 2nd/3rd, but appears to be coming along nicely as anticipated. 

how were your results?

Im not saying his place isn't clean or unsanitary, I'm referring to his methods of reducing error. During his, FUT there are thousands of graft transfers taking place into tall wax cups. Haven't you ever knocked something over after thousands of times doing something (transfering thousands of grafts to cups one by one with long delicate tweezers?) Think about it. Ideally Bloxham should immediately ditch the cups had it ever happened but who knows.

There have been many reports of patients not getting desired number of grafts too. Bloxham has been accused of poor planning as well.

Also some of his techs are questionable in their experience and commitment to the job. During my procedure I overheard a tech insisting her method was the best instead of the doctors and this claim goes back years right when bloxham was learning from Dr. Alan Feller...same claim from other patients in which Feller scolded his techs for not following his directions 

There were also unprofessional moments I experienced with the techs in terms of their behavior and dialogue among each other which I won't get into.

I feel that bloxham has a lot of trouble keeping new and well-trained techs on staff. The techs likely leave after a short while because it's a very tedious, exhausting, and boring job. 9 times out of 10 a tech is likely to quit to go work at a more "fun" job 2 blocks down the road. Think about it, who in the hell wants to spend their life tediously cutting up strangers hair? The NY economy is so densley populated that job changes happen instantly. This is why it's best to avoid all NY clinics, not just bloxham. Bloxham likely pulls these techs from a staffing agency, which requires ZERO professional college education and crosses his fingers they stay with him long enough as "in-house" techs

In my opinion, there are better clinics out there than bloxham. But, if you happen to like his cherrypicked results then go for it! It's up to you to be the judge. There are better clinics, but those clinics might even fail to give you the hairline design aesthetic you want etc. Like Shapiro tends to give very conservative high hairlines, but you'd likely have to work with him during consult if you want something less conservative.

Also the appearance of a clinic can say a lot about it! Just like you go for a job interview you wouldn't go dressed in shabby clothing would you? The NY office is a tiny spot in a rundown shabby looking building.

Bloxham genuinely seems like a nice guy, but I feel he is overselling many on how "elite" he and his staff are

As far as my results I have mixed feelings. Overall I'm unsatisfied. And, I question my procedure even to this day.

Edited by GibGob

• Moderators
On 6/28/2024 at 7:49 AM, GibGob said:

I feel that bloxham has a lot of trouble keeping new and well-trained techs on staff. The techs likely leave after a short while because it's a very tedious, exhausting, and boring job. 9 times out of 10 a tech is likely to quit to go work at a more "fun" job 2 blocks down the road. Think about it, who in the hell wants to spend their life tediously cutting up strangers hair? The NY economy is so densley populated that job changes happen instantly. This is why it's best to avoid all NY clinics, not just bloxham. 

Then wouldn't that be the same for all techs in any city? I don't know a whole lot about how Feller and Bloxham operate their business, but I do know about Dr Dorin in NY and I can tell you some of his staff worked with them (True & Dorin before Dr True retired) for 10 to 20 years or more, so just saying the techs in NY don't stay is 100% incorrect.

On 6/28/2024 at 7:49 AM, GibGob said:

Bloxham likely pulls these techs from a staffing agency, which requires ZERO professional college education and crosses his fingers they stay with him long enough as "in-house" techs

If you don't like Dr Bloxham that's fine, but posting this nonsense is not right. What makes you think it's "likely" that he gets techs from a staffing agency? What makes you think the techs there don't like the job or don't stay there long?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.