Sweden for transplant

6 hours ago, CautiousResearcher said:

Ha!  Ok, gotcha. Regarding Bisanga, what are your thoughts on the Bisanga/Kostis combo BHR quoted me?

“Current pricing for surgery at BHR Clinic for surgery with Dr. Bisanga which will also see Dr. Kostis assist with punching of extraction sites, is charged at €4.00 per graft.”

you can also go with a kostis only package and its 2.5 eur

truth be told though that you havd to keep in mind that vat in belgium is 21% that probably has to be added to the prices

6 hours ago, CautiousResearcher said:

Thanks, @mr_peanutbutter for the reply and the suggestions— really helpful.

a couple questions:

1. I’m also open to beyond Europe—US,  Asia, Pacific, South America, North America— really anywhere.  I don’t see any recommended surgeons listed in Africa and I’d be reluctant to go to the one recommended surgeon in Jordan right now, simply because of it’s proximity to the current conflict in Israel and Gaza. Any thoughts on outside of Europe? 

2.  You mention both Drs Bisanga and Kostis.  I reached out to BHR on this site, and Ian of BHR messaged me.  When I asked about pricing, this is what he said: “Current pricing for surgery at BHR Clinic for surgery with Dr. Bisanga which will also see Dr. Kostis assist with punching of extraction sites, is charged at €4.00 per graft.”. Any thoughts on this Bisanga/Kostis combo?

thanks again for the help.  

eugenix india, pittella brazil, laerowong thailand

not sure if its worth though since you have excellent surgeons in europe already

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

you can also go with a kostis only package and its 2.5 eur

truth be told though that you havd to keep in mind that vat in belgium is 21% that probably has to be added to the prices

Ah, thanks for the insight on the VAT.  Is there a way to get that refunded?  I heard there was but know nothing about it.

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

eugenix india, pittella brazil, laerowong thailand

not sure if its worth though since you have excellent surgeons in europe already

I haven't looked into eugenix, but looks like laerowong is very affordable.  Not sure what pittella's prices are, but his results on Norwood 5, 6, and 7 patients are pretty amazing.