Who compares to Hasson and Wong ?

I’m from the UK and had front hairline FUT surgery with H&W 19 years ago with fantastic results, the work has remained and looks great but in the last 19 years even after constant use of DHT blockers i’ve very slowly developed a smallish balding area on my grown..i’ve had a quote from H&W for around 1500 crafts to correct this at $6 a unit for FUT

My question is over the last 19years I have no idea how good H&W are and how they compare to all the other companies that have popped up since..

Are they still the best ( which they were 19 years ago ) and is $6 a unit for FUT a good price ? for instance can I get similiar quality work for a lot less from another company and if so can anyone recommend one ?

Edited by Lucky13

• Lucky13 changed the title to Who compares to Hasson and Wong ?
  • Valued Contributor

Well, we have "the H&W of Europe" in Hattingen Hair in Switzerland - one of the great clinics - and if it's FUT you're looking for, it doesn't get much better than Hattingen.

Dr Ted Miln here in the UK (just outside Cardiff) is doing excellent work and his FUT work looks superb. A consultation with both of those will cost nothing so worth speaking to them I would say.

There's several other outstanding surgeons that do both FUE & FUT like Feriduni, Bisanga (both in Belgium). So you have plenty of great options here in the UK or just a stone's throw away in Europe if the prospect of going all the way back to Canada + the associated costs were a consideration.

6 hours ago, Lucky13 said:

Are they still the best ( which they were 19 years ago )

No, but only because others have since caught up with them - they're still among the best around. The reality is that lots of surgeons are now doing excellent work and there's very little discernible difference between the quality and naturalness of their results. There's two or three surgeons pushing the envelope exclusively within the FUE world in regards to massive 10K plus graft FUE harvesting from donor areas, but outside of that there's no real "best" these days.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Dr. Ted Miln is a good option for large sessions with FUT+FUE. Hattingen is another excellent option.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

H&W was goto clinic many years back but I felt there lot of recent work is poor/sloppy. Lots of cases where there is improper angulation of grafts, thick follicles in hairline, multis in hairline, row implantation(creating see through effect). Multiple cases of negligence. I would avoid. There are many better options especially at the prices they charge.

Ted Miln is very good, but he also likes to implant in rows, which eats up grafts and you need to keep hair longer. Everything else about him is excellent tho. Maybe thats not an issue for you. Hattingen is excellent.

Do you want to do an another FUT? Maybe you could get away with a FUE.

Edited by 4chanhrn