Which clinic or surgeon to use?

IMG_8544.thumb.png.e1d5f686f2e8c0f9af4940abb182dd79.pngIMG_8543.thumb.png.002be09b8cb2b5d99f9cd8f97f63bf65.pngIMG_8542.thumb.png.042320b0dd4921e6b89f0b109ce52384.pngHi Guys, I am looking to get a hair transplant as soon as possible and open lots of searching…as expected I have found that every clinic has atleast some bad reviews, does anyone have any recommendations? Based off experience or hearing from experiences? 
many thanks and I look forward to hearing back ! :) 

IMG_8546.png

IMG_8545.png

Edited by Bm2279
Adding photos

There is no perfect surgeon, and no single surgeon is a good choice for every patient.

The best thing you can do is research cases on the forum which are similar to your own and see how you feel about each.

If you want tailored recommendations, we need to know about your situation, including your age, location, budget, past/current hair characteristics and balding pattern(s) (with photos, if possible), and also your hair restoration goals.

• Like 1

🧑🏽‍⚕️ Help others by naming your clinic and surgeon, in your post title if possible.

💊 Help yourself by directing medical questions to medical professionals. No one here can safely provide medical advice like your primary care physician.

💬 Help the forum by adding a Like or other reaction to an existing comment before repeating what others have already said.

12 minutes ago, SuperC said:

There is no perfect surgeon, and no single surgeon is a good choice for every patient.

The best thing you can do is research cases on the forum which are similar to your own and see how you feel about each.

If you want tailored recommendations, we need to know about your situation, including your age, location, budget, past/current hair characteristics and balding pattern(s) (with photos, if possible), and also your hair restoration goals.

Okay great, I am 27 and receding fairly heavily (see the pictures attached) I am looking at spending around £3,000. I live in England and am looking to get my hairline back. I have been looking at going to turkey but of course I don’t know where is best to go. I fully understand no surgeon is perfect I am just trying to avoid anyone who has a low success rate. 

many thanks again !

IMG_8230.jpeg

I'd recommend editing your first post at the top of the thread to include the information and photos. Many won't scroll to see updates in the replies and so you may not get as many responses otherwise. :)

13 minutes ago, Bm2279 said:

I fully understand no surgeon is perfect I am just trying to avoid anyone who has a low success rate. 

The official list of forum-recommended surgeons aims to accomplish this, as well as helping future patients avoid unethical surgeons and more.

For the best tailored recommendations, include a few more photos. People will want to see your head from several angles, especially the back of your head (typical "donor area") to help determine if you're a good candidate for a hair restoration procedure to begin with (although an actual surgeon can tell you with more authority). :)

🧑🏽‍⚕️ Help others by naming your clinic and surgeon, in your post title if possible.

💊 Help yourself by directing medical questions to medical professionals. No one here can safely provide medical advice like your primary care physician.

💬 Help the forum by adding a Like or other reaction to an existing comment before repeating what others have already said.

27 minutes ago, SuperC said:

I'd recommend editing your first post at the top of the thread to include the information and photos. Many won't scroll to see updates in the replies and so you may not get as many responses otherwise. :)

The official list of forum-recommended surgeons aims to accomplish this, as well as helping future patients avoid unethical surgeons and more.

For the best tailored recommendations, include a few more photos. People will want to see your head from several angles, especially the back of your head (typical "donor area") to help determine if you're a good candidate for a hair restoration procedure to begin with (although an actual surgeon can tell you with more authority). :)

Okay perfect, so if I edit the first post and attach the pictures then everyone will be able to see?

The photos are visible either way, they're just more likely to be seen if you keep them in your first post at the top of the thread. :) 

When it comes to reviews, there's a lot to consider.  First, do you know how hard it is for any one to write a review?  Once all is done, they don't need you any more.  And then you have a level of privacy involved.  It's funny to me how many outfits out there get 100's of 5-star reviews overnight.  Read them.  "They gave me all the chips I wanted."  "The food was great."  The doctor had shiny shoes". "They heard everything I said." And the list goes on.  Eventually you'll figure out there were written by the same person.  Go to RealSelf.  Those are real.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

14 minutes ago, LaserCaps said:

When it comes to reviews, there's a lot to consider.  First, do you know how hard it is for any one to write a review?  Once all is done, they don't need you any more.  And then you have a level of privacy involved.  It's funny to me how many outfits out there get 100's of 5-star reviews overnight.  Read them.  "They gave me all the chips I wanted."  "The food was great."  The doctor had shiny shoes". "They heard everything I said." And the list goes on.  Eventually you'll figure out there were written by the same person.  Go to RealSelf.  Those are real.  

Very true, I completely agree and it’s so common for people to review their own products. Most reviews I have been searching at is on here and Reddit , I’ve been looking into more bad reviews than good ones as I know they are more likely to be accurate and genuine. Thanks for responding 

1 hour ago, LaserCaps said:

How reliable is real self ? Is there any way of knowing it’s genuine or not?

8 minutes ago, Bm2279 said:

How reliable is real self ? Is there any way of knowing it’s genuine or not?

Very reliable.  Only doctors can answer questions.  

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

2 hours ago, Bm2279 said:

That cannot be true as I can also leave a review on real self, baring in mind I am not a doctor. Is real self fairly reliable?

I didn't say anything about leaving reviews. I just said only doctors can answer questions.