Dr. Ted Miln Reviewed and Approved by our Board

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

As most of you know, our recommendation process has changed.  View the new process here. We rely on a selected board of highly esteemed, valued contributors from the forum with extensive knowledge to judge a physician's body of work based on our criteria. To view our membership criteria for recommendation, click here

Why We Feel Dr. Ted Miln is Worthy of Recommendation

Experience and Expertise:

Dr. Ted Miln has extensive experience in performing hair transplant surgeries, which is crucial for achieving natural-looking results. His expertise in the field ensures that he is well-versed in the latest techniques and technologies. He performs surgical hair restoration exclusively and has been for a long time.

Reputation:  Dr. Miln's reputation among past patients and within the medical community is excellent and is a strong indicator of his reliability and skill. Positive reviews and testimonials can provide insight into the quality of care and outcomes you can expect.

Credentials and Certification:

Dr. Miln is a complete medical member of the British Association of Hair Restoration Surgery (BAHRS). This certification indicates that he meets high standards of training and ethical practice.    

Personalized Care:

Dr. Miln offers a personalized approach to hair restoration, tailoring treatments to each patient's specific needs and goals. This individualized care can lead to more satisfactory results.

Advanced Techniques:

• Utilizing the latest advancements in hair transplant technology, such as Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) or Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), ensures that the procedures are minimally invasive, with faster recovery times and better aesthetic outcomes.

Before and After Photos:

• Reviewing Dr. Miln's portfolio of before-and-after photos of previous patients can give you a clear idea of the results he has achieved. This visual evidence is compelling. We invite you to review some of his work posted here

Consultation and Communication:

•  Dr. Miln does a thorough consultation and takes the time to understand your concerns, answer your questions, and explain the procedure in detail, which is vital. Good communication helps build trust and ensures you are comfortable with your decision.

Follow-Up Care:

• Post-surgery care is crucial for optimal results. Dr. Miln's commitment to comprehensive follow-up care ensures proper healing and addresses concerns arising after the procedure.

Patient Comfort and Facility Quality:

• The quality of Dr. Miln's facility where the surgery is performed and the level of comfort and care provided significantly impact your overall experience. A well-equipped clinic with a professional and caring staff can make the process smoother and more reassuring, which is demonstrated at Dr. Miln's clinic.

Dr. Ted Miln ticks all the boxes for a quality hair transplant surgeon. 

We invite you to check out Dr. Ted Miln's profile below:

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-ted-miln

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to Dr. Ted Miln Reviewed and Approved by our Board
  • Valued Contributor

Might also be of interest to members to know that as part of this onboarding process I personally attended Dr Ted’s clinic and had the opportunity to sit in on a surgery for around 3 hours or so to observe everything and, separate to that sit-in session (but off the back of being impressed by it!), had a very excellent consultation regarding my own situation a few weeks later. 

Melvin also did a great podcast with Dr Ted as well. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Might also be of interest to members to know that as part of this onboarding process I personally attended Dr Ted’s clinic and had the opportunity to sit in on a surgery for around 3 hours or so to observe everything and, separate to that sit-in session (but off the back of being impressed by it!), had a very excellent consultation regarding my own situation a few weeks later. 

Melvin also did a great podcast with Dr Ted as well. 

Absolutely, please share some of the photos of your visit. The fact that you visited in person matters a lot! 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Some of the results on his website look pretty average, don’t get me wrong there’s some good ones but a few I see I think don’t look so good and I’m guessing they’re the best ones. There’s not many uk clinics I rate but I guess he is one of the better ones 

My worry is that selection process has become less than scrupulous.

I know the rebuttal will be that he has a great clinic and ethics etc, but what matters, more than anything, is the results. 

He may be fantastic, but at the moment I am not sure that there is any independent evidence of that.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, knivesout09 said:

My worry is that selection process has become less than scrupulous.

I know the rebuttal will be that he has a great clinic and ethics etc, but what matters, more than anything, is the results. 

He may be fantastic, but at the moment I am not sure that there is any independent evidence of that.

Thats fair, but there are a lot of results pending and plenty that he did with HQ Cardiff. He is a star, there’s no doubt about that, the absence of independent reviews does not mean he’s bad. At one point Dr. Zarev had no reviews here. Dr. Pittella as well. 

• Like 1

View my thread

19 hours ago, FutureHT1208 said:

Some of the results on his website look pretty average, don’t get me wrong there’s some good ones but a few I see I think don’t look so good and I’m guessing they’re the best ones. There’s not many uk clinics I rate but I guess he is one of the better ones 

specifically which ones look average? are you able to display those results here?

13 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Thats fair, but there are a lot of results pending and plenty that he did with HQ Cardiff. He is a star, there’s no doubt about that, the absence of independent reviews does not mean he’s bad. At one point Dr. Zarev had no reviews here. Dr. Pittella as well. 

At the same time though how can you truly vet him in their absence.

The question is whether or not the surgeon is proficient at his craft. Currently there is still zero independent evidence of the most important indicator of that, the results.

Zarev and Pitella are excellent no doubt, but we can only confirm that now that we have cases.

I thought the whole premise of this website was to host independent reviews in order to protect consumers from what can be, at times, a shady industry.

18 hours ago, FutureHT1208 said:

Look on his website at the before and afters, you may not agree everyone has different opinions 

yeah fair point. i think they look pretty good. however pics from various different angles would be better..

he does have more content on Instagram though... 

I have been looking at Dr Miln. More pictures of all angles and better quality pictures are rare, I haven't found many.

Agree, it is confusing that someone is approved when all of the reviews on here (independent ones) are without full results posted (12 months) and only been posted this year. 

Wonder what the criteria is for him being approved with? On the basis of which evidence? Hope Dr Miln is as good as some people are saying, we all want good quality surgeons to be out there. Just hope more that the approvals are being made from a purely independent place with the patient and people here in mind. Integrity of this forum is so important.

Are there any independent reviews of his completed work (12+ months post op) and how come there are so few available for a surgeon that has been working (assumably) for a number of years?

• Like 1

I'm not sure the recommendations mean anything at this point.

Take Espinosa for example, there is literally only one patient documented case on the internet of his work and yet we still find that he is recommended.

I'm not sure what value the recommendations offer, if any.

Edited by knivesout09

8 hours ago, Frontrunner22 said:

I have been looking at Dr Miln. More pictures of all angles and better quality pictures are rare, I haven't found many.

Agree, it is confusing that someone is approved when all of the reviews on here (independent ones) are without full results posted (12 months) and only been posted this year. 

Wonder what the criteria is for him being approved with? On the basis of which evidence? Hope Dr Miln is as good as some people are saying, we all want good quality surgeons to be out there. Just hope more that the approvals are being made from a purely independent place with the patient and people here in mind. Integrity of this forum is so important.

Are there any independent reviews of his completed work (12+ months post op) and how come there are so few available for a surgeon that has been working (assumably) for a number of years?

HRN is a for profit business and their way of making money is scouting docs, promoting them and putting them on a list. If you're not growing as a business, you're dying so I don't blame them because that's what they need to do to survive. They've also found some very good docs before. We wouldn't have known about many great doctors without them promoting them. On the whole, most of these docs end up being decent, other than some very bad ones(like D*ep, some others on that list that operate like hair mills now). That's how it is.

When you accept money from the same source that you are reviewing, that creates a lot of conflcit of interest and us as potential HT patients need to realise that we are the product being sold to HT doctors and doing our own due diligence/research is the only way to find good, ethical doctors.

For what it's worth, I think Dr. Ted is very good. He has his flaws like any other doctor, but looking at post op work can tell you bad work from good. His patient reviews show that he cares about his patients, unlike some other high profile docs on the list that have minimal involvement.