Post op Donor healing. Vitamin E? Touch? Wash Etc

Hi all 

recently had a hair transplant and wanted some advice to help with healing. 

my surgeon has told me how to wash etc and to avoid touching the transplanted region for the first 10 days. 

We can lightly touch the donor area when cleaning  however I was wondering if you guys are applying anything to help with healing? 

ive seen vitamin-e oil mentioned in some of Melvin’s vids and wondered from when is it okay to apply? Do I just apply it to the donor area and leave? Or wash it out? 

any advice regarding optimising healing would be appreciated! 

I have used a saline spray throughout the day for approximately one week immediately post-op, and then used an enriched aloe Vera cream for 2-3 weeks until all scabbing was gone…this was so awesome for soothing and cooling and facilitating the healing of my strip scar.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Just use saline spray and be sure to not dislodge any grafts. Thats literally all you need to do

Basically - beyond dislodging grafts - nothing you do post op will affect your surgery. 

The success or failure of your surgery is 99% due to what occurred in the operating room.

You are overthinking this if you are on such a granular level about vitamin e, etc.