Dr. Munib Ahmad - availability and cost these days?

Anyone know what Dr. Munib Ahmad's availability is these days?  Website says "due to high demand we may not respond to your inquiry" or something similar.

Anybody know what he's charging (I've read on here in some places that he charges per graft, in other posts that he charges a flat fee per day).  Anybody know?  

36 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

its like 20-30k per surgery regardless of grafts as far as i know

but why dont you ask the legend himself @DrMunibAhmad

@DrMunibAhmad and FUEGenix team, what can you tell us about availability and pricing?  I'm very interested in finding a top surgeon, and you sir, are definitely that.

15 minutes ago, davidn said:

he is probably the best surgeon itw for using grafts economically and artistry. but he is expensive and I am a brokie. thats why I go with the next best choice (hair of istanbul).

Yeah, from what I've seen in my research, it seems Ahmad is able to do more with fewer grafts than just about anybody.  It seems like Pittella and Zarev (and lately even Laorwong, though not at the same level) are able to do miracles, though using a huge number of grafts.

1 minute ago, CautiousResearcher said:

Yeah, from what I've seen in my research, it seems Ahmad is able to do more with fewer grafts than just about anybody.  It seems like Pittella and Zarev (and lately even Laorwong, though not at the same level) are able to do miracles, though using a huge number of grafts.

Yessir. I would probably include Hattingen there too. 

4 hours ago, Sunshine09 said:

i wish! no way i can afford that.... he probably would have been the one i choose if i could afford though. his results are on another level it seems...

Aye. Same here.

He’s earned the right to charge what he wants as a high end elite surgeon. If you can afford the cost it’s a no brainer. 

Spot on about economical graft usage. The best around right now bar none. 

1 minute ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Aye. Same here.

He’s earned the right to charge what he wants as a high end elite surgeon. If you can afford the cost it’s a no brainer. 

Spot on about economical graft usage. The best around right now bar none. 

@ScottishGuy21, what do you think about Ahmad with his economical approach vs Pittella and Zarev who use a ton of grafts but achieve unbelievable results?

Also, let's throw Bisanga, Laorwong, and Muresanu (Hattingen) in the mix.  They don't have that magic technology/tool that Zarev uses, but they have some stellar results at a much lower price point.

Any thoughts?

All of the surgeons you mentioned have Advantages and disadvantages imo.

Pitella - throws body and beard grafts at the Problem until the Problem disappears. Probably accepts people that someone like Bisanga would not accept. 

Zarev - extracts 13k grafts from average donors. Wanna see how these results hold up long-term. 

Bisanga- conservative, but thats not a bad thing. Detail-oriented and I like that he is quantitative. Been around forever so very experienced, also in terms of longevity of transplants.

Hattingen- same as Bisanga but tends to do more FUT than Bisanga. 

Laowrong: great value for money but never saw him do more than 6000 grafts.

Fuegenix: makes 2000 grafts look like 5000. Which is a very good Thing in terms of donor Management.

Edited by davidn

18 minutes ago, davidn said:

All of the surgeons you mentioned have Advantages and disadvantages imo.

Pitella - throws body and beard grafts at the Problem until the Problem disappears. Probably accepts people that someone like Bisanga would not accept. 

Zarev - extracts 13k grafts from average donors. Wanna see how these results hold up long-term. 

Bisanga- conservative, but thats not a bad thing. Detail-oriented and I like that he is quantitative. Been around forever so very experienced, also in terms of longevity of transplants.

Hattingen- same as Bisanga but tends to do more FUT than Bisanga. 

Laowrong: great value for money but never saw him do more than 6000 grafts.

Fuegenix: makes 2000 grafts look like 5000. Which is a very good Thing in terms of donor Management.

@davidn, super helpful breakdown-- and confirms my own assessment as I've been looking into each surgeon.  

You mention Dr Pittella throwing beard grafts at the problem.  Do you see that as a negative, or do you think he achieves good results with that method?

And I too wanna see how Zarev's results hold up long-term.  Truth is, he is probably not an option anyway because the incredibly long wait time (for a consultation and even longer for surgery).  I'm ok with delayed gratification, but I'd rather not be 98 when I have my first procedure 😂).

And regarding more conservative surgeons like Bisanga and Hattingen, though I don't want to push the envelope too much with an aggressive surgeon (and end up with problems later on), I also don't want to be too conservative and thus not accomplish as much as is possible.  Gonna have to wrestle with where to fall on this spectrum. (open to advice!)

Here's a link to another post, tracking (and getting feedback on) the journey I recently started of researching and having consultations with these (and other) surgeons.  Just to give some context.

1 hour ago, CautiousResearcher said:

@ScottishGuy21, what do you think about Ahmad with his economical approach vs Pittella and Zarev who use a ton of grafts but achieve unbelievable results?

Also, let's throw Bisanga, Laorwong, and Muresanu (Hattingen) in the mix.  They don't have that magic technology/tool that Zarev uses, but they have some stellar results at a much lower price point.

Any thoughts?

As a general rule of thumb the less grafts the better. 

As the post after yours touches on we don’t know how these large FUE procedures will hold up, especially in younger cases.  If you can give the illusion density with less then it leaves you with more in the tank.  This is why on a thread elsewhere I ranked Dr Ahmad above the other 2 in my top 5. 

But I’m not in anyway criticising the work of Pittella and Zarev. All I’m saying is it’s a little bit more of an unknown longevity wise. Both are world class surgeons pushing the boundaries of hair transplantation.

Edited by ScottishGuy21

9 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

As the post after yours touches on we don’t know how these large FUE procedures will hold up, especially in younger cases.  If you can give the illusion density with less then it leaves you with more in the tank.  This is why on a thread elsewhere I ranked Dr Ahmad above the other 2 in my top 5. 

But I’m not in anyway criticising the work of Pittella and Zarev. All I’m saying is it’s a little bit more of an unknown longevity wise. Both are world class surgeons pushing the boundaries of hair transplantation.

This

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, CautiousResearcher said:

it seems Ahmad is able to do more with fewer grafts than just about anybody.  It seems like Pittella and Zarev (and lately even Laorwong, though not at the same level) are able to do miracles, though using a huge number of grafts.

Need to be careful in not comparing apples with oranges here.

Dr Munib's hairlines are actually more conservative (a good thing!) typically, with a focus on density and naturalness rather than being aggressive. He doesn't unnecessarily lower hairlines or throw in loads of grafts to do temple points (again, good!) where it's not strictly necessary. The key point I'm trying to make here is that it's just very good planning and sound practice - it's not wizardry.

Pittella & Zarev on the other hand are doing loads and loads of NW6 & 7 patients (whereas Dr Munib is not, to my knowledge). This means by default they're dealing with bigger areas of baldness and therefore larger graft numbers.

The reality is that, other than Zarev and Pittella for NW7 patients, you could really throw a dart at a picture board with all of the great clinics & surgeons you have on your list and you'll very likely get an excellent result. What makes all of these options great is the extent of their involvement and oversight of the surgery, the amount of importance they place on the planning stage and the skill and experience of their supporting team.

Given you seem to have a decent enough budget to pick from the cream of the crop, I think one thing that you want to establish is what I mentioned above: how much of the surgeon are you getting at all levels of the process (consultation, planning, design, surgery, oversight of delegated parts of surgery, post-op care and direct line to the surgeon)?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Good perspective, @ScottishGuy21.  Makes a lot of sense.  

• Thanks 1