What percentage of Guys do transplants without medication?

Out of 100 Guys who do transplants, how many would you say dont take meds?

When people in my friend circle start go bald, they say they will go Turkey when it becomes bad. I do think many dont even know about meds.

complete guess, but I would say alot of guys dont take meds. I would say 30% or so aren't on any meds

these guys are also incredibly likely to keep losing their hair as well. 

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

complete guess, but I would say alot of guys dont take meds. I would say 30% or so aren't on any meds

these guys are also incredibly likely to keep losing their hair as well. 

id say 80% of people who get ht are not on meds

• Moderators

I haven't taken any hair loss meds since 2009.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

The level of awareness around HT's is astonishingly low outside of forums. Like, shockingly and obscenely low. Can't tell you the number of people that just go pick any random place in Turkey and figure they'll have a full head of hair forever after 1 visit.

Even celebs do this. Look at Chris Bumstead, Lebron, Deon Sanders, etc. All with sub-par and mediocre results likely because they just went to some random surgeon.

Probably around 40% don't take meds. Of that 40%, probably 80% get transplants that are mediocre and it'll come bite them in the ass. The other 20% went somewhere good and should be fine. 

• Valued Contributor
6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The level of awareness around HT's is astonishingly low outside of forums. Like, shockingly and obscenely low. Can't tell you the number of people that just go pick any random place in Turkey and figure they'll have a full head of hair forever after 1 visit.

Even celebs do this. Look at Chris Bumstead, Lebron, Deon Sanders, etc. All with sub-par and mediocre results likely because they just went to some random surgeon.

Probably around 40% don't take meds. Of that 40%, probably 80% get transplants that are mediocre and it'll come bite them in the ass. The other 20% went somewhere good and should be fine. 

This, but I reckon the realities of the numbers are even more stark. I reckon far, far less than 20% of HT patients are going somewhere good. 

Turkey still absolutely dominates the HT market and 99.9% of those clinics are poor. The most popular ones in Turkey by far are clinics like Hair of Istanbul, Smile, Vera, Elit, Este, Cosmedica etc…

I’d be shocked if even 5% of global HT patients are getting work done by the surgeons we’d all consider to be highly reputable. 

I’d also guess that the good majority of HT patients don’t take meds - a lot more than 40%. That’s a pure guess, but based on the incredibly low level of knowledge most patients actually have, I’d be amazed to learn differently. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Theres no one size fits all. My loss pattern was well established with thick robust donor and high lateral humps. I wasn't prepared to take Finasteride. My HT hair is still going strong 12 plus years later. I have had 3 HT's and replaced all lost hair. So you would probably need to be prepared to have a few HT's to cover loss.

Higher Norwoods whose sides drop this approach probably won't work.

Edited by BaldingBogger

• Valued Contributor

I don't know where some of my colleagues get their information but at least three guys that I work with are balding. I have mentioned medication to them and they are 'terrified of the thought' of taking finasteride. Sadly when it comes to news if it bleeds it reads. A lot of misinformation out there.

22 hours ago, BaldingBogger said:

Theres no one size fits all. My loss pattern was well established with thick robust donor and high lateral humps. I wasn't prepared to take Finasteride. My HT hair is still going strong 12 plus years later. I have had 3 HT's and replaced all lost hair. So you would probably need to be prepared to have a few HT's to cover loss.

Higher Norwoods whose sides drop this approach probably won't work.

good point. everyone is different and destinied to end up at different norwoods. the tricky part is to predict where everyone is falling in that catogery

do you have some pics?