Sex on the same day as transplant

Hi all,

Just wanted to get people's opinions on if I have affected my hair transplant results by having sex the same day as my transplant, and every day for four days after 🤦‍♂️

I know I wasn't supposed to, but I was with a friend in Thailand and, well, things happened lol

I didn't lose any grafts at all from what I could see and the dr said everything looked great 5 days post op. Just wondering if having sex affects the survival rate of grafts further down the line or if it just affects the grafts within the first 10 days. Which from what I could see, it didn't. I'm also just gone past 2 months post op so I an paranoid as anything haha

1 hour ago, deane95 said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to get people's opinions on if I have affected my hair transplant results by having sex the same day as my transplant, and every day for four days after 🤦‍♂️

I know I wasn't supposed to, but I was with a friend in Thailand and, well, things happened lol

I didn't lose any grafts at all from what I could see and the dr said everything looked great 5 days post op. Just wondering if having sex affects the survival rate of grafts further down the line or if it just affects the grafts within the first 10 days. Which from what I could see, it didn't. I'm also just gone past 2 months post op so I an paranoid as anything haha

man couldn’t even hold out for 2/3 days 🤣🤣🤣 

Just wait 72 hours, that’s it!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Best post. Talk about the deluxe HT package!

On 7/1/2024 at 7:44 PM, UKLad81 said:

Haha and the award for the funniest topic goes to you!! Hopefully she was worth it matey hahahaha!!

"She"? (sorry, had to 😇)

Two amazing repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

On 7/2/2024 at 10:08 AM, gillenator said:

Just wait 72 hours, that’s it!

It has already been completed! 😅

On 7/1/2024 at 10:56 PM, deane95 said:

Man! I can understand one day but back to back for four dayS? I hope your freshly virgin follicles head was not grabbed by her during the act.

On 7/1/2024 at 11:00 PM, SeanT1 said:

All jokes aside, you're fine.

It's simply that sweat can trap bacteria and cause an infection, not to mention that grafts could fall out from certain movements. But a simple rule; no blood = no problems.

That's reassuring. The dr said it was all fine after I messaged him yesterday anyway, so should be all good

On 7/2/2024 at 11:47 AM, ITA said:

as long as this “friend”  doesn't pull your hair out during the act..

Didn't have much hair to pull tbf lol

And she is legit a friend haha. Now she is anyway....

I'm way too stingy to pay for a shag out there 😂

2 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

It has already been completed! 😅

Man! I can understand one day but back to back for four dayS? I hope your freshly virgin follicles head was not grabbed by her during the act.

Yhh maybe a bit of overkill looking back lol

But tbf I sweat way more from the heat out there than the act 😂 Never been so careful and still during it before 

Edited by deane95