I removed a graft today

Today I was poking at my head. It's Day 21 post surgery, so I assumed that was ok.

As I poked at a small scab  like blob, it came up, and I looked closely, and there was a tiny cylinder of tissue around the base of a hair. I looked at my head, and I saw a miniscule HOLE. 

this is weird.... why did this graft take 21 days to decide it wanted to exit? 

About the shedding stage... what do the shedded hairs look like? Do they look wider at the root, or do they look pretty even? How do you know the difference between a failed graft and a shedded hair? 

It’s highly doubtful that you “lost” a graft…sounds like you simply shed a graft which is normal.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 7/1/2024 at 9:46 PM, personlady said:

Today I was poking at my head. It's Day 21 post surgery, so I assumed that was ok.

As I poked at a small scab  like blob, it came up, and I looked closely, and there was a tiny cylinder of tissue around the base of a hair. I looked at my head, and I saw a miniscule HOLE. 

this is weird.... why did this graft take 21 days to decide it wanted to exit? 

About the shedding stage... what do the shedded hairs look like? Do they look wider at the root, or do they look pretty even? How do you know the difference between a failed graft and a shedded hair? 

Lol, no way in hell you have taken a graft out after 21 days. The thing is secure after 8 to 10 days.

What you see is the hair shaft being separated from the folicle, it will grow back in 3-12 months.