Oral Minoxidil - UK

Sunshine09

Hey,

Been on Oral Fin 0.5mg and 5% topical Minoxdil foam for around 2 years to stabilize my hair loss. ive seen density / thickness improve around the crown area (no idea whether thats fin or min though) but no real massive difference in applying minoxidil around the frontal third / hairline.

thinking of jumping to oral minoxidil whilst monitoring heart / BP.

where does everyone get Oral Min from the UK? is it mainly online via Hims / Manual?

planning on getting a HT done in 6 months and going through consultations currently..

appreciate feedback....

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Sunshine09 said:

Hey,

Been on Oral Fin 0.5mg and 5% topical Minoxdil foam for around 2 years to stabilize my hair loss. ive seen density / thickness improve around the crown area (no idea whether thats fin or min though) but no real massive difference in applying minoxidil around the frontal third / hairline.

thinking of jumping to oral minoxidil whilst monitoring heart / BP.

where does everyone get Oral Min from the UK? is it mainly online via Hims / Manual?

planning on getting a HT done in 6 months and going through consultations currently..

appreciate feedback....

Thanks!

You can get a box of 60 tablets of 2.5mg Oral Minoxidil (Pfizer/Loniten brand) from OxfordOnlinePharmacy for £53 after filling in an online consultation form. You could also buy from Hims or Manual if they sell their own version of Oral Minoxidil, it might even be cheaper but personally I use Loniten as it works well for me.

HairRepairClinic is another legitimate source and sells generic Oral Minoxidil at both 2.5m and 5mg. 60 tablets of 5mg works out to be £44.99 which you can half and effectively get 120 days worth.

I initially used to buy from OxfordOnlinePharmacy but these days I have a private prescription from a doctor so I can just pop it into any pharmacy and buy directly from them, it works out to be around £19 for a box of 60 tablets (online pharmacies rip you off!).

Edited by Ccd99
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

8 minutes ago, Ccd99 said:

You can get a box of 60 tablets of 2.5mg Oral Minoxidil (Pfizer/Loniten brand) from OxfordOnlinePharmacy for £53 after filling in an online consultation form. You could also buy from Hims or Manual if they sell their own version of Oral Minoxidil, it might even be cheaper but personally I use Loniten as it works well for me.

HairRepairClinic is another legitimate source and sells generic Oral Minoxidil at both 2.5m and 5mg. 60 tablets of 5mg works out to be £44.99 which you can half and effectively get 120 days worth.

I initially used to buy from OxfordOnlinePharmacy but these days I have a private prescription from a doctor so I can just pop it into any pharmacy and buy directly from them, it works out to be around £19 for a box of 60 tablets (online pharmacies rip you off!).

hey, thanks for the info. that massively helps! are you taking 1.25mg dosage daily? i was thinking to start on this and see how it goes in regard to sides.

do you take it at a set time say perhaps just before bed?

1 hour ago, Sunshine09 said:

hey, thanks for the info. that massively helps! are you taking 1.25mg dosage daily? i was thinking to start on this and see how it goes in regard to sides.

do you take it at a set time say perhaps just before bed?

No problem! I take two 2.5mg tablets per day, one in the morning (just before 9AM) and one in the evening (just before 9PM).

I started with 1.25mg and slowly titrated up.

Edited by Ccd99
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

21 hours ago, Ccd99 said:

No problem! I take two 2.5mg tablets per day, one in the morning (just before 9AM) and one in the evening (just before 9PM).

I started with 1.25mg and slowly titrated up.

do you also take oral fin? if yes, do you take it at the same time as oral min?

anyone else chime in on frequency of both taken together?