Dr. Pekiner - 2144 Grafts (FUE) - 7/2/2024

jxkm2

I just finished up my hair transplant with Dr. Pekiner and wanted to get my review started. I will update when I get the official clinic pics from Pekiner and throughout my healing process.

Background:

- 27 years old, caucasian male, fine light brown hair.

- Aggressive hairloss in my family (NW6 father)

- Been maintaining with 1mg finasteride daily since 2019

- Recently added 2.5 mg of minoxidil in February 2023

Why I chose Pekiner:

- Loved his extremely dense, natural looking hairlines.

- Consensus is that most people that go to him have decent to great results. I'm not aware of any botched cases.

- Expensive for Turkey, but very fair price for the caliber of work.

- Does all the extractions and implantation himself (can confirm, only his assistants did the anesthetic injections and graft counting)

My experience:

Travel: Not going to lie, it was stressful getting to Ankara. 10 hour flight from the US to Istanbul, 6 hour layover, 1.5 hour flight from Istanbul to Ankara. I stayed at the Holiday Inn which I highly recommend. The AC works great (honestly the main seller for me) and the breakfast buffet is good. (TIP: If you are like me and just wanted to stay cooped up in your hotel room, download the Getir app for food. It worked with my U.S. number and although I couldn't use any of my U.S. cards through the app, I was able to successfully pay via card at pick-up).

Surgery: The clinic is brand new and very clean. We spent the first 30 mins drawing the hairline, then shaved my head and started the process. Each day the process was basically extractions, snack break, implantation, lunch, extractions, snack break, implantation. It wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world but I'd do it all over again for sure. Initially I was quoted 2,300 but we dropped it down to 2,150 ultimately.

Graft breakdown:

1's: 229

2's: 707

3's: 923

4's: 285

TOTAL: 2,144

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

4 hours ago, Big Rome said:

nice natural hairline design too, should be a home run.. Pekiner does great hairline work 

ty, I hope so

3 hours ago, A Fue Good Men said:

From what I can see it looks like very good work. Any shots of the donor?

will try to get some tomorrow after they remove the bandages 

2 hours ago, Gramatik said:

Happy growing...Great density in the hairline. Dr Pekiner is one of the best doctors for hairline restoration...What was the price per graft for your hair transplant?

When I booked March 2023, he was charging 2.85 euro/graft

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@jxkm2 the work looks really clean and I like how Dr Pekiner has left some native hair in the midpoint of the hairline. This will aid in naturalness. Happy growing! 👍

Thank you! Yeah that was his reasoning also, making use of my existing widows peak

12 hours ago, A Fue Good Men said:

From what I can see it looks like very good work. Any shots of the donor?

Here is the best pic of the donor I could get at the moment. Some redness on the neck from the dressing tape, and the white is from the bepanthel lotion the assistant applied. What do you think?

IMG_2852.jpeg

Edited by jxkm2