What are the community's thoughts on Este Medical Group?

What do you mean "mills" I don't understand. I am trying to get an understanding about prices and expertise in general. I will only do in best clinic by best doctor. I need 6000 grafts and I need to do in a place where I want regret it later. Needs to look natural. I don't want visible scaring. I asked about Este Medical Group because they are close to where I live, however I don't see any information about them on this website. I am willing to fly to another country if the results will be better.

• Valued Contributor

Look at the list of recommended surgeons listed on the forum. Have a look at patient posted results and look for patients who have a similar hair loss to yours who have obtained results that you are after. Then see if their is a common doctor performing these procedures. When it comes to elite surgeons the cream always floats to the top. Este Medical Group is a chain of hair mills that will leave you regretting that you ever had surgery. Take your time researching and all the best! 👍

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, MikeGreo said:

What do you mean "mills" I don't understand.

Basically means a generic clinic that often have multiple venues or middlemen and perform surgeries on several patients per day. You don't want that.

Start off by learning about what makes a hair transplant natural vs unnatural and once you have that fundamental framework of understanding, you'll then be well placed to start critically assessing the work of various surgeons using the criteria from your prior research.

Thanks for all of you for your suggestions.

I don't think I will be doing to Este Medical after all.

One thing I have also noticed is that, some clinics goes by the name of the Doctor/Surgeon, and in some like Este Medical try though you might, no way you can even find a doctors name!

What other indications to look out for to make sure they give natural looking excellent results when choosing a doctor/clinic?

• Moderators
9 hours ago, MikeGreo said:

some like Este Medical try though you might, no way you can even find a doctors name!

That is a clear indicator to stay away from that clinic. When they don't have a Drs name that means either they hire various Drs who are just learning how to do hair transplants and/or they have a high Dr turnover or it could mean technicians do almost all of the work and for the most part those technicians aren't going to care how it turns out because you don't even know who they are. It's just a job to them. They are told to do the procedure as fast as possible with as many grafts as possible and then move on to the next one.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.