Life totally destroyed after a horrific hair transplant.

@RTC bro if wasn’t for your videos on YouTube about the donor repairs I don’t think  I would of even found this forum, your research helped me a lot, 

and thank you for the support.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Berba11 said:

People who have had bad surgeries or whom have some issues with their result will often find it very difficult to adequately convey those problems with photos. I know this from personal experience. 

Secondly, it’s hard to let an issue go if you’re seeing and dealing with it every single day. And it’s also hard to relate to that unless you’ve experienced it yourself. 

Most importantly though, it takes a lot of balls to admit to feeling very low or to be suffering with suicidal ideation. It’s baffling to me that you could read the OP, respond to it and then end your post with “lol”. Is that a thoughtful, intelligent response? No. It’s idiotic & lacking in any compassion, class or empathy. Do better, please. 

I think that the photos tell the truth and sometimes people may overreact without important reason. I just told my opinion based on his photos. What i and other members of this community see is that his result is pretty decent and we cant see what he is telling on his description. So i cant understand how a life could be detroyed with that decent result, while i have seen much worse cases and those people live their life normally without any problem...We have to be strong and not let small problems get us down
Anyway he could always improve it with SMP and another surgery...

Edited by Nobaldscalp

7 minutes ago, Dersim62 said:

@RTC bro if wasn’t for your videos on YouTube about the donor repairs I don’t think  I would of even found this forum, your research helped me a lot, 

and thank you for the support.

I'm glad to hear I could be of help brother, reach out anytime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Nobaldscalp just to clarify, my recipient area had zero results apart from a few pluggy grafts on the hairline, I’m just heartbroken because even though I was over harvested in the hands of a better doctor those grafts could of survived.

secondly, I appreciate that there maybe much worse cases than mine I don’t doubt that however I haven’t expressed any false emotions or struggles, people deal with unfortunate circumstances in their own way but like I’ve said I’m really struggling and hoping i can fix some parts of what was damaged.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It is difficult to understand what a botched/repair patient feels as you are seeing a snapshot photo, while they have analysed their hair ad-infinitum and know every single flaw.

They are the ones experiencing the paranoia, seeing other people's eyes creep up towards their hairline, or having barbers or the customers sitting behind them in the barber shop comment or stare at their botched donors.

The pain and loss of confidence that comes from a botch should not be underestimated. 

Edited by RTC
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1
  • Sad 1

@RTCyou literally just explained all of my anxieties there, I try to get into barbers early or late, even ditched my original barber not to be confronted with them inevitable questions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

I sympathize with your situation. That said, there’s still time for your donor to recover. Looks like the recipient looks decent all things considered. Have you considered donor restocking?

check out @mustang thread.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I completely understand how you feel. Sometimes, hair transplants don’t go as expected, and it can be very disheartening. There have been many cases here and in other forums with poor results and that hurts the patient´s confidence a lot. 

Could you possibly share some more photos of your donor area with slightly longer hair before the transplant? I’m not sure if the first photo you posted is from before the transplant or after, so clarifying this would help us give you better advice.

Also, I’m confident that with the work Dr. Mwamba will do, your donor area will improve significantly. If the result you have is what’s shown in the photo I’m posting, I’d say it looks pretty good from that angle. However, more photos would allow us to provide a more accurate and comprehensive assessment of the situation.

Stay patient and calm; I’m sure everything will turn out well in the end. Hang in there!

image.png.0d6fc8e0c9d1bbe8a63dcbb5229e959f.png

@OliverAtom first of all thank you for the encouragement, the picture with the red dots are post mwamba repair, the others are the results of the bad HT, My donor  was good enough for a 3rd hair transplant but unfortunately those were the results, I will continue to post some progress.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor
On 8/1/2024 at 12:09 PM, Dersim62 said:

@lyskvostroya I have a few sessions booked with smp soon, then another repair pass, fingers crossed.

Personally I would get the HT corrective work done with first. Once you've had all the sessions you need, then make an assessment before doing SMP. You might end up totally satisfied with the repair work and not need or want any SMP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

Personally I would get the HT corrective work done with first. Once you've had all the sessions you need, then make an assessment before doing SMP. You might end up totally satisfied with the repair work and not need or want any SMP.

Fully agreed w Berba

SMP will only make the surgeon's work more difficult during the next restocking session

• Thanks 1

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

Why would their business name be called  American Aesthetics when they are in Istanbul without an American doctor and technicians. 

Just by the name u can tell they sketchy, trying to draw in American patients that don't know any better. Sorry vout what u going through,, paying good money for nothing and for them to make things worse.. but hey educate yourself with the options available,, people on here have half the hair as you and they were able to make it work later on.. takes time n money and the right clinic.. 

• Moderators

You're looking really good. I would hold off on the SMP. That may make matters worse. You may not need it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.