Waxy grainy dandruff causing hair loss?

smhn100

Hi guys

I had my hair transplant in Oct 2023 and since then I've developed this grainy waxy like dandruff. It's different to the normal flaky dandruff. It's always attached to the ends of my hair roots, and when I scratch my head (as it gets itchy) the hair comes out with it. I've also noticed that it tends to be baby/young hairs that fall out. 

I think this condition is stopping me from seeing my true gains. Because of this issue, I lose about 40 hairs a day from scratching my head alone and I should add that I daily take 1.25mg Finasteride / Minoxidil.

I've tried many shampoos but nothing has worked, including nizoral ketoconazole and tea tree.

Usually after washing my hair, it slowly builds up over the course of 24hrs. Then my scalp feels gunky, itchy and these grainy dandruff are everywhere. 

I don't know what to do, has anyone come across this or any ideas on what I could try out to get rid of this once and for all? Any shampoo or remedy recommendations ?

Thanks

H

20240603_162520.jpg

20240603_183955.jpg

20240604_190904.jpg

20240603_132851.jpg

20240610_101054.jpg

• Moderators

Have you tried either of these? They are basically the same, just different brands, so you can use either one. I think these work better than tea tree shampoos or Nizoral with Ketoconazole

Screen Shot 2024-07-04 at 12.41.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2024-06-17 at 1.14.48 PM.png

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.