3 years later with dr Lam, planning on doing a second ht

Hi, maybe get an opinion from Dr Sahar Nadimi at the Chicago Hair Institute.

I had my own HT's with her mentor, so I'm sure she is good.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Thanks matt, it cant hurt for me to do one more consultation while i wait.  her work looks pretty good, and doesnt look to be much more costly than what i am planning on paying for yaker, but shes got more reviews.  Ill ask for a consult and see if she would be hesitant to take me and what the wait is like.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Arcticblonde said:

the 6 photos at the end i didnt mean to include,but cant remove it. sorry about that.

I updated it, but I may have deleted a few good pictures. It's hard to do from a phone.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I'm trying to follow this. Is the non growth in the same area where the scar from the previous surgery was? Or is it in a different place?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

1 hour ago, Al - Moderator said:

I'm trying to follow this. Is the non growth in the same area where the scar from the previous surgery was? Or is it in a different place?

no, see the scar is that white line. the hair seemed to be fine on the scar. the area where it didnt grow wasnt scarred at all, it seems like a few spots were the density is just not as high, below the scar on the left and a smaller spot just above the scar on the right.

stangely it seemed to grow fine right in the scar, where i was told it wouldnt be able to grow. so that was good  as i said, not all bad. just need a touch up i think, and dont want to hurt what i have.

• Valued Contributor
Posted (edited)

I’ve had 2 transplants with Dr. Arocha which I’ve documented/currently documenting here and I’m extremely happy with my results so far. His clinic is a 2 story office building surrounded by restaurants and shops. It is most certainly not a house. 🙂 I’m from Houston and that part of town isn’t unsafe at all. I mean, there’s a Trader Joe’s literally across the street.

I’m not saying any of this to talk you into working with Dr. Arocha, however, I do think you should take lots and lots of consultations with as many docs as you can.

What little I’ve seen of Dr. Yaker, while positive, just wouldn’t be enough to make me pull the trigger. I wanna see A Lot of results by whatever doctor I choose. I have also seen a few negative reviews. 

Dr. Nader in Reynosa, Mexico is an excellent option. His costs are low and his many patient reviews on this site are, like, 98% positive. He can be difficult to get ahold of, though.

Dr. Nadimi as stated above is another really excellent option.

Dr. Gabel out of Portland, Oregon.

My assumption is that you’re not looking to travel over seas.

I will say about Dr. Arocha that he is extremely meticulous and very hands on during the procedure. He does pretty much everything except graft placement, however, he is constantly in the room overseeing the procedure while graft placement is happening-I realize you feel like that’s an issue, though. The team really takes care of you. It’s almost like a spa day. 😂 Seriously, though. 

Whomever you chose I hope they get it sorted out for you. Good luck!

Edited by Steeeve
Grammar’s always terrible

yes i do not feel comfortable leaving the usa. Nadimi might be a good option, ill talk to her but i do feel pretty comfortable with dr yaker and his staff so far, of everyone ive talked to.

do you know if nadimi does FUT ?

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Arcticblonde said:

yes i do not feel comfortable leaving the usa. Nadimi might be a good option, ill talk to her but i do feel pretty comfortable with dr yaker and his staff so far, of everyone ive talked to.

do you know if nadimi does FUT ?

You know, I don’t know that she does. That’s something you could ask during the consultation. She was trained by Dr. Konior, who’s truly a hair transplant wizard, so I’m sure she’s more than capable, however, I believe their practice is specializing in FUE now. There have been a few FUT cases coming from Dr. Konior on here somewhat recently so maybe she does, too? I haven’t seen any, though.