Dead Graft??

I'm currently over 2 months post op and a few hairs came out earlier which had been stubble for quite some time. I noticed that the end that was under the skin was very transparent and thin whereas the side that was visible outside was thick and dark. I am worrying whether this is a sign that the hair has weakened and possibly dying? And whether a lot of the other grafts have died as well.

PXL_20240704_194430804~3.jpg

9 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Its just a hair that came out. The root of the folicle itself is already fixed beneath the scalp at 2 months. 

Some of these hairs come by hooks, there is nothing abnormal about it, just normal shedding.

Yhh the only reason I was really worrying is because all the other pics I see of grafts coming out, the hair is of even thickness or even thicker nearer the root. Whereas mine is thinner nearer the root, making me think it is dying/weakening or isn't getting the nutrients

3 minutes ago, de1995 said:

Yhh the only reason I was really worrying is because all the other pics I see of grafts coming out, the hair is of even thickness or even thicker nearer the root. Whereas mine is thinner nearer the root, making me think it is dying/weakening or isn't getting the nutrients

See the example picture from the top, this has been debated in other forums but you can see that these are merely hairs. Nothing of the folicle is being shed, merely the hair detaching from the root. You're in the clear. 

Shed hair grafts.jpg

6 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

See the example picture from the top, this has been debated in other forums but you can see that these are merely hairs. Nothing of the folicle is being shed, merely the hair detaching from the root. You're in the clear. 

Shed hair grafts.jpg

I'm just worried about the transparency and how thin the hair gets the closer to the root it gets, whereas the hairs in the pictures you sent are even thickness all the way. I think i'm just in full panic mode since i'm in the ugly duckling phase 😂😭😭

1 minute ago, de1995 said:

I'm just worried about the transparency and how thin the hair gets the closer to the root it gets, whereas the hairs in the pictures you sent are even thickness all the way. I think i'm just in full panic mode since i'm in the ugly duckling phase 😂😭😭

That varies from person to person, there is virtualy zero difference from your hair to the ones you see there. Yes, you are overeacting a little but that's normal, I remember I had my moments post op too. It gets better, trust in the process.