2540 grafts by Dr. Priyadarshini Das, Eugenix, July 2024

Posted (edited)

My Hair Restoration Journey with Eugenix

Background:

• My hair thinning worsened over the last 5 years. Natural treatments failed to help.
  • After 3 years of researching hair transplants and considering shaving my head, a colleague's successful procedure inspired me to try.
  • I followed this forum for a year and chose Eugenix based on impressive results from other patients.

Consultation:

• In February 2024, Eugenix recommended 2,200-2,500 grafts for the front and mid-scalp and medication for the crown. I started Finasteride 1mg in March
  • During a trip to India, I had a video and face-to-face consultation to finalize plans. Started 2.5 mg Oral Minoxidil in May'24

Pre-Surgery:

• I arrived in Delhi on July 5th and in the evening went for pre-op procedures, including BP, anaesthesia check, and photos.

Planning & Designing

• Reached clinic at 9AM. Some routine tests were done and counsellor Ms. Rashmi briefed me about how the day will pan out
  • Soon after Dr. Priyadarshini arrived and started the Planning & Designing session.
  • During the session I showed old pictures and put across the expectations to Dr. Das that my objective is to create and illusion of density
  • She was kind enough to adjust the hairline according to the expectation.
  • She was focussed on taking a conservative approach as according to her the overall donor areas has a support of about 4,400 grafts
  • While I had earlier thought about also getting the temples done but Dr. Das suggested that that we can wait to see if medicines can help with it or otherwise we keep it for the next sitting in future
  • Overall estimate graft count was about 2,400
  • After this the payment was done and then we proceeded with trimming and was subsequently taken for head wash and then to the OT 

Surgery:

• The surgery started at 11:30. Local anaesthesia was administered on the scalp and then Dr. Das proceeded to make the slits. She made 2,400 slits within 1 hour and suggested that she’ll add additional grafts for more density towards to end of the procedure. (In between blood was extracted and PRP was administered)
  • Anaesthesia was then administered to the donor area and subsequently implantation was performed. By 2:30 roughly 770 grafts were implanted, and we had a lunch break
  • After lunch, all the technicians worked like a well-oiled machine extracting and implanting subsequently. They kept checking about the pain levels and local anaesthesia was topped during wherever needed.
  • Dr. Das kept coming to check on the work and later made additional 140 slits to increase density in mid scalp
  • The procedure finished by 7:00 PM. Dr. Das came to do a final check and gave a go ahead. 
  • Post this, additional pictures were taken, and the care team gave detailed explanation of the post-surgery care. 

Remarks:

• Some pain during local anaesthesia (1/10 to 5/10).
  • Felt pressure on the scalp at times.
  • Sleep was challenging initially but improved.
  • The Eugenix staff were exceptionally supportive, enhancing the experience.

Special Thanks:

• Siddharth (Patient Consultant), Sai (Nurse), Shantanu (Multi-tasker), Priyanka and Sangeeta (Anaesthesiologists), Sudama (Technician), and Dr. Priyadarshini Das.

IMG_6340.jpeg

IMG_6339.jpeg

IMG_6341.jpeg

IMG_6342.jpeg

IMG_6343.jpeg

Edited by HairReviveEnthusiast
Formatting

Day 7 update:

1. Still lots of scabs after 1st hair wash (seems only 10% came off)

2. Donor is healing well but a bit itchy as the sites are drying up

3. After some struggle sleeping on the back, finally I can sleep sideways 

4. Resuming 2.5 mg oral Minoxidil from today 

IMG_6447.jpeg

Posted (edited)

W2 Update

- Scabs came off after like 4-5 washed (day 12)

- Donor area on the back almost covered (some marks still visible on the sides)

- Scalp on the recipient area still a bit dark

Any early feedback on the density?

IMG_6514.jpeg

IMG_6515.jpeg

IMG_6516.jpeg

Edited by HairReviveEnthusiast

W3 Update:

1. Donor area completely healed 

2. Noticing slight shedding since last 3 days (8-10 hair)

The transplanted area looks a bit darker than the other part of the scalp. Could it be due to more think & darker hair transplanted or the recipient area still healing? Any expert comments @Gatsby @Melvin- Admin

IMG_6546.jpeg

• Moderators
5 hours ago, HairReviveEnthusiast said:

The transplanted area looks a bit darker than the other part of the scalp. Could it be due to more think & darker hair transplanted or the recipient area still healing?

Probably a little bit of both.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 weeks later...

1 month update 

- Donor area fully healed and covered nicely 

- Scalp around recipient area still a bit darkish red making the look distinct from the crown and mid-scalp area 

- The shedding is still sparse (most transplanted hair still present)

Any feedback if the rate of shedding will increase or the period of intense shedding already passed @Gatsby @Melvin- AdminIMG_6803.thumb.jpeg.d513eb29862a311300b72cc3bf9e84a9.jpegIMG_6804.thumb.jpeg.3d2a5efa9c3840e0709168d9d68242e5.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

@HairReviveEnthusiast I found the worst point of the ugly duckling stage was at two months. Also I had more redness in my second surgery with Eugenix than in my first. Recovery and growth continue up to twelve months. No two people will go through the exact same post op period. In all honesty the best thing to get through this period is to just try to forget about your hair as much as possible and keep yourself really busy for at least the first six months. Wishing you all the best. 

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@HairReviveEnthusiast I found the worst point of the ugly duckling stage was at two months. Also I had more redness in my second surgery with Eugenix than in my first. Recovery and growth continue up to twelve months. No two people will go through the exact same post op period. In all honesty the best thing to get through this period is to just try to forget about your hair as much as possible and keep yourself really busy for at least the first six months. Wishing you all the best. 

Thank you for your suggestion. Will just try to let is pass and take it's own sweet time

• 1 month later...

Here's a 2.5 month update

- Shedding stopped around 2 month mark

- The hairline is coming up well

- Donor areas fully cover even the hairdresser wasn't able to make out if a procedure was done

- The crown area looks a bit sparse, however, I believe when the frontal and mid scalp density increases it'll cover the crown (if not will plan a crown procedure in future)

- Sticking to hair vitamins & 2.5mg Oral Minoxidil routine 

IMG_7631.jpeg

IMG_7633.jpeg

IMG_7635.jpeg

IMG_7632.jpeg

IMG_7634.jpeg