Dr. Nadimi - July 8th - 2000 Grafts

Posted (edited)

Post-op Day 1

Plenty of folks have provided tremendous write-ups of their experience with Nadimi and team. I'll keep mine succinct -  I don't imagine I'll be covering any new territory. Instead, I'm here to document my hair transplant journey and recovery for those considering Dr Nadimi. 

Pre-Op

I'm an out of towner, so I few in Saturday night ahead of my Monday appointment so that I could get comfortable and stock the kitchen at my Staybridge Suites (which so far has been totally comfortable and adequate). 

Pre-Op Morning of

Call time was 6:30, at which point we spent plenty of time discussing my hairline. The lower part of my hair along the ears and neck was thin and of questionable quality so there was concern of donor limitations. As moments the discussion felt a little contentious but in the end Dr. Nadimi was exerting the very expertise I chose her for. We went with a slightly higher hairline in order to achieve greater density. The goal was 2000 grafts, but we were aware we could be limited to 1700.

The Procedure

The procedure was honestly a piece of cake. The valium really took any edge off and had me basically sleeping through the whole thing. First half is extraction, second half is implanting the grafts. In the end we achieved 2000. Wrapped at 6pm. Since I'm here for 5 days, they'll be seeing me each day and providing new post-op guidance on each meeting. 

Everyone is friendly and professional. 

Pics below. You'll see what brought me to Nadimi was my deepening widows peaks and thinning front. See before and morning post-op. Happy to answer any questions! 

IMG_0729 2.jpg

IMG_0730 3.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

Edited by twinpeaks
  • Like 1

Looks like clean work. It is a pretty conservative hairline but it's probably the best way to go from the long-term perspective. Did you get an estimate of your remaining donor capacity after the procedure?

Dr. Nadimi performed my hair transplant back in February and, so far, I couldn't be happier. The next few months will suck, no doubt, but I think you should get a good result in the end. She really knows how to make a limited amount of grafts go a long way.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Steeler99 said:

Looks like clean work. It is a pretty conservative hairline but it's probably the best way to go from the long-term perspective. Did you get an estimate of your remaining donor capacity after the procedure?

Dr. Nadimi performed my hair transplant back in February and, so far, I couldn't be happier. The next few months will suck, no doubt, but I think you should get a good result in the end. She really knows how to make a limited amount of grafts go a long way.

Been following your journey as well! Yeah I was a little bummed to have to pull back the hairline so much (about a centimeter overall), but for the sake of density she said it probably was for the best. Dr. Nadimi wasn't clear on how much donor capacity was left, but despite conservative estimates pre-op, post-op she did say that they were able to harvest 2000 without issue. TBD on future capacity!  From here I'll be holding my breath to see what the next 6 mo- 1 yr bring! 

Edited by twinpeaks

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work!!!! I am sure you will be happy with the results soon!!! How long did it take from the consultation appointment to the procedure time? I have a consultation appointment with her on Sep 10th, would be in person. Would she estimate in the consultation appt how many grafts you will have? Did she recommend any type of meds to take such as mid or fin? Thank you again for your post!!! Looking forward to seeing more pics in the future

12 hours ago, Mobot said:

Nice work!!!! I am sure you will be happy with the results soon!!! How long did it take from the consultation appointment to the procedure time? I have a consultation appointment with her on Sep 10th, would be in person. Would she estimate in the consultation appt how many grafts you will have? Did she recommend any type of meds to take such as mid or fin? Thank you again for your post!!! Looking forward to seeing more pics in the future

So from consult to procedure I believe it was 8 months, so it is a long wait. But a good oppty to see if you can stabilize hair loss. She did estimate how many grafts in our consult - target was 2000. That said by the time the appt rolled around I was hoping we could do a larger session of 2500, but this is the shortcoming of a video consult: In person she saw that the lower half of my donor area was naturally quite thin. 

She prescribes 2.5mg oral min for her patients that don't already have a script - she doesn't half step it! She also insists if you get sides on fin, don't take chances. I myself developed minor meibomian gland (eye duct - ie, recurrent styes) issues on 0.1% topical fin. It all resolved after quitting, and am considering trying 0.025-0.05% topical fin, see if I can bypass those sides. 

Will follow-up soon with 2 week+ pics! 

Hi all! 

Following up around day 17. 

Healing has been comfortable, no big issues. Around day 12 my scalp became very flaky, by day 15, I was able to leave conditioner on my scalp for about 30 min, topped with a damp towel, and with some gentle massaging following this, get my scalp all cleaned up. 

Some redness is now evident in the graft area. Some hairs are starting to shed, and I'm bracing for that loss in the coming weeks. Overall, very eager to see where this lands aesthetically. You can note that we weren't able to achieve exact matching density to my donor area, but I'm pretty confident this is gonna look great in the end. Here's to the long road ahead. Thankfully, and ironically, liking the buzzed look in the meantime. 

image.thumb.jpeg.643e2ac5cf4e2d60d74f1a374923755d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aba035d30ae9b058c809b1163e324818.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Pics from 1 month. Buzzed my hair back down to even things out and I think this will be how I survive the ugly duckling phase. 

Shedding for me has been very gradual starting around 3.5 weeks, and still some ways to go. Mild redness in the recipient zone. 

I want to give out shout out to Dr Nadimi and staff - any time I have questions I’ve been able to email Dr Nadimi directly and she’s been extremely responsive.

And into the ugly duckling phase we go. Keep yall posted. 

IMG_1741.jpeg

• Like 1