BAD Dr. Glenn Charles result

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

You’re not allowed to post private text messages without consent of the other person. I have removed the screenshot, which was cut off and posted. 

It was cropped, but we do not allow private messages shared here unless both parties consent. 

I highly doubt Dr Charles will consent in me sharing text messages that show he’s lying about what happened…..So for anyone interested in seeing them just PM me! 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

I see. Can you share how this will be resolved then? I do want to make sure both the patient and doctor have a fair chance at representation, and want to understand how HRN will facilitate that.

Obviously, HRN needs to strike a balance between supporting the patient (as doctors are in positions of power over patients who have potentially been botched and had their funds depleted), while also objectively looking at the facts. 

THANK YOU! the format of this forum seems to always side with the doctor regardless of how many poor results there are… the doctor can post false information to make him look good and the patient look bad but I’m not allowed to post the actual exchange and have invited doctor charles to an open discussion and to post any evidence he has to back his claims…. But he has made it clear he’s only interested in himself and his wallet. Even telling me the only thing he’s going to change about his practice are the waiver of responsibility forms!

it’s odd that HRN keeps defending him… yet I’ve seen 2 other doctors recommended by HRN and one went as far to say “I don’t know what the hell he did to you” this was the opinion of a doctor not me or someone on a forum. 

Edited by Stavros

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Fox243 said:

I see. Can you share how this will be resolved then? I do want to make sure both the patient and doctor have a fair chance at representation, and want to understand how HRN will facilitate that.

Obviously, HRN needs to strike a balance between supporting the patient (as doctors are in positions of power over patients who have potentially been botched and had their funds depleted), while also objectively looking at the facts. 

I have been in communication with Dr. Charles. However, it seems the only resolution this patient is willing to accept is a refund. Unfortunately, there are no money-back guarantees. We will never enforce this policy, as poor outcomes are a risk that all patients must accept before getting surgery. From my understanding, he’s already been offered a full hair transplant procedure free of charge, and was offered some money back, but wanted more. Resolutions have been offered, but not accepted.

We are not a platform that is used to get patients refunds. In fact, posting reviews to coerce a refund goes against the terms of service of our forum. 
https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/terms/

If you’re speaking regarding Dr. Charles remaining a member, that is still in review and we will notify the community when we’ve completed our review. It will be next week. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I have been in communication with Dr. Charles. However, it seems the only resolution this patient is willing to accept is a refund. Unfortunately, there are no money-back guarantees. We will never enforce this policy, as poor outcomes are a risk that all patients must accept before getting surgery. From my understanding, he’s already been offered a full hair transplant procedure free of charge, and was offered some money back, but wanted more. Resolutions have been offered, but not accepted.

We are not a platform that is used to get patients refunds. In fact, posting reviews to coerce a refund goes against the terms of service of our forum. 

If you’re speaking regarding Dr. Charles remaining a member, that is still in review and we will notify the community when we’ve completed our review. It will be next week. 

Thanks for looking into it so deeply! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

To be clear we were in negotiations as you would see via my texts but by sharing my story he has pulled all offers. And that is correct I would not accept a redo surgery from him given my results and others… he tried to find other surgeons to do it for him in avoidance of a refund and then when he could not accomplish this he blamed me and finally offered a partial refund and we were actually very close to agreement but because I posted my photos he yet again reneged.  My post wasn’t to coerce a refund at all….. 

@Melvin- Admin I encourage you to PM me and call me like you did Dr Charles…. Like I said I will share all texts and emails to prove he is spinning the story to look like he’s just the victim of his patients whose money he takes and give poor results to.

• Like 1

• Moderators

@Stavros

I'm not defending the Dr in this post. I have some questions about his practices which are being discussed backchannel.

My question to you here is: Is there a resolution you are looking for? The Dr offered to do a free surgery, but you refused which is understandable. You wanted him to pay to have another Dr correct it. He says he asked four Drs and they didn't want to get involved. So he offers you a partial refund so you can go wherever you want to get it fixed and you refuse that. So I'm not sure what you are looking for unless it's just to tell others not go this Dr which you have done in this thread.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

11 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

@Stavros

I'm not defending the Dr in this post. I have some questions about his practices which are being discussed backchannel.

My question to you here is: Is there a resolution you are looking for? The Dr offered to do a free surgery, but you refused which is understandable. You wanted him to pay to have another Dr correct it. He says he asked four Drs and they didn't want to get involved. So he offers you a partial refund so you can go wherever you want to get it fixed and you refuse that. So I'm not sure what you are looking for unless it's just to tell others not go this Dr which you have done in this thread.

You are correct in that I would never let Dr Charles touch me again and the reasons are obvious… I told him he could pay a surgeon direct because I wasn’t trying to profit from this situation as he’s accused me of…. I wanted to choose but he insisted on handling it, although he never gave me a single surgeons name for me to be able to research on my own… finally when he failed to find a surgeon to trade patients with (I suspect the doctors didn’t want Dr Charles to ruin their reputation) he agreed to a partial refund and I began negotiating a slightly higher amount due to the costs I was quoted and he replied “go to Turkey”. I would like him to be open minded and stop blaming me for everything and negotiate with me in good faith…. Now because I told my story he treats me like a terrorist and has removed all offers from the table…. I just want what I paid for from a qualified physician and not to be blamed for his poor work….  If I was allowed to post my 7 months of back and forth you would see how respectful I was and how neglectful and cocky he was. 

A very prominent hair surgeon who is also a dermatologist went as far as to question the amount of grafts implanted but due to professional curtsey he was very kind to Dr Charles… he said it was perhaps bad surgical planning, maybe poor storage or removal/damage of grafts but he could not see from my post surgical photos and from looking at my scalp under magnification that nearly 2200 grafts were placed… he also said my scalp is completely healthy and I should have no issues as he did se SOME implanted hairs but not nearly the density expected from 2200 grafts. There are some other cases most notable and African American that posted where u could see his grafts more clearly that looked like a few hundred not a few thousand…. His ethics are in question here and he’s attacking and blaming the patients.  

• Administrators

Update,

Today, Dr. Charles informed us that an unidentified man wearing a motorcycle helmet and sunglasses came up to the front door of his residence Friday night and threatened him and his family if he “didn’t make things right on the website.” 

He is understandably concerned for his family. In light of the recent issues and developments, we have come to the mutual agreement that it is in Dr. Charles and his family's best interest that he withdraw his participation from this community. 

It is important to reiterate that we stand firmly against threats of violence and the use of this forum as a tool of coercion. We do not tolerate any attempts to extort excess conciliations from physicians, whether they are recommended or not. Posting negative reviews to coerce a refund violates our terms and conditions.

We thank him for his long-time support of this community, including his posts over many years, and wish him the best in resolving the issues brought forth in this topic and others. We hope there is an amicable solution for all parties involved.

In the future, he would like to compile and present compelling before-and-after results to re-establish his name in our community. 

After participants can voice their opinions and input, we will close this topic to further discussion.

Onwards and upwards,

Pat, Melvin, Valued Contributors 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Update,

Today, Dr. Charles informed us that an unidentified man wearing a motorcycle helmet and sunglasses came up to the front door of his residence Friday night and threatened him and his family if he “didn’t make things right on the website.” 

He is understandably concerned for his family. In light of the recent issues and developments, we have come to the mutual agreement that it is in Dr. Charles and his family's best interest that he withdraw his participation from this community. 

It is important to reiterate that we stand firmly against threats of violence and the use of this forum as a tool of coercion. We do not tolerate any attempts to extort excess conciliations from physicians, whether they are recommended or not. Posting negative reviews to coerce a refund violates our terms and conditions.

We thank him for his long-time support of this community, including his posts over many years, and wish him the best in resolving the issues brought forth in this topic and others. We hope there is an amicable solution for all parties involved.

In the future, he would like to compile and present compelling before-and-after results to re-establish his name in our community. 

After participants can voice their opinions and input, we will close this topic to further discussion.

Onwards and upwards,

Pat, Melvin, Valued Contributors 

OMG! This has to be another Dr Charles scam to save face and make him a victim!  Tell him to show us the ring cam footage! Everyone has one now! The victim card needs to stop now! 

• Like 1

Sounds like a made up story from someone who permanently disfigures people's appearance, just my guess as there is no way to actually know if he is saying the truth or not

4 minutes ago, BaldReaper said:

Sounds like a made up story from someone who permanently disfigures people's appearance, just my guess as there is no way to actually know if he is saying the truth or not

Just have him post the camera footage… a guy who makes Glenn Charles money deff has a door cam… in fact now I’m questioning if he even approached other doctors at all…. I don’t believe anything he says..

• Administrators

I want to add Dr. Charles filed a police report. Given the circumstances, I ask our members to refrain from using insults or libelous claims on this forum. Voicing dissatisfaction over results is one thing, but calling someone names and making bold claims are another. 

View my thread

1 minute ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I want to add Dr. Charles filed a police report. Given the circumstances, I ask our members to refrain from using insults or libelous claims on this forum. Voicing dissatisfaction over results is one thing, but calling someone names and making bold claims are another. 

Have him share the police report… I think he’s gas lighting us all… again.

Posted (edited)

wow, what a wild development to this situation. 

I'd say the motorcycle helmet guy is a legitimate story, especially since Dr. Charles filed a police report about it. 

I don't see why Dr. Charles would file a false police report, what incentive would he have to file a false report, etc.  

In all my years of being on hair transplant forums, this is the first case of real-world stalking, harassment, potential physical violence, etc.

Edited by HappyMan2021

2 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I'd say the motorcycle helmet guy is a legitimate story, especially since Dr. Charles filed a police report about it. 

I don't see why Dr. Charles would file a false police report, what incentive would he have to file a false report, etc. 

I’ll believe it when we see a copy of the police report and/or the ring cam footage…. Until then I’ve seen nothing but dishonesty, patient blaming and a victim mentality from him.

4 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

In all my years of being on hair transplant forums, this is the first case of real-world stalking, harassment, potential physical violence, etc.

the only evidence of the motorcycle man’s presence and the police report is the Dr’s claims

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BaldReaper said:

the only evidence of the motorcycle man’s presence and the police report is the Dr’s claims

true true. I do agree that in theory this (potentially) is a very convenient way for Dr. Charles to exit the situation and exit the forum while still having his reputation and dignity intact. 

I've love to see the police report and ring cam footage as well, seems extremely doubtful that will ever occur though. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

true true. I do agree that in theory this (potentially) is a very convenient way for Dr. Charles to exit the situation and exit the forum while still having his reputation and dignity intact. 

I've love to see the police report and ring cam footage as well, seems extremely doubtful that will ever occur though. 

Dr Charles never backs anything with facts or evidence… no reason to think he will start now…   Isn’t it convenient that when he was most likely asked to back his claims in his comments about me, this happened and needed to run away from an Internet forum due to “his safety”?

Edited by Stavros

Crazy developments. I think him not being part of the community will be a good thing and we can move on just like we have with other doctors who didn't have good results and were later pulled from the site or left before they were removed.

Honestly can I get the opinion of everyone and ask where we think he was lacking? Was it technique or dishonesty?  His graft counts vs visual inspection were always suspect and it seems that far less experienced surgeons often times had significantly better results than him…. Why do we think that is.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, andy_+_+ said:

I think him not being part of the community will be a good thing and we can move on just like we have with other doctors who didn't have good results and were later pulled from the site or left before they were removed.

eh, Dr. D**** is starting to make a comeback again, and he was getting exponentially more negative feedback than this case is.

If D**** can come back, then I am sure Dr. Charles will too. Perhaps much sooner than we all think. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

1 minute ago, HappyMan2021 said:

eh, Dr. D**** is starting to make a comeback again, and he was getting exponentially more negative feedback than this case is.

If D**** can come back, then I am sure Dr. Charles will too. Perhaps much sooner than we all think. 

Who is Dr D*** so I know to stay away

2 minutes ago, Stavros said:

Who is Dr D*** so I know to stay away

I'm not sure we are allowed to say his name, he is kind of like Voldermort

Just google "dr. d p hair transplant los gatos california"