BAD Dr. Glenn Charles result

1 hour ago, HappyMan2021 said:

have you had a hair transplant yourself, or where is your opinion coming from?

Everyone has opinions, but mine are grounded in education, logic, experience, and a variety of factors. For your peace of mind, yes, I have had two hair transplants myself.

Your view of the transplant industry seems quite narrow, based on your limited personal experience with few sub par doctors and a par doctor. You complaint about great doctors wanting you to travel for a proper evaluation and not committing to repairs, as if they have to work based on your guidelines. But then you complaint about the repair you had and why it was not all done in one sitting. 

It’s important to recognize that not everyone will have the same experiences or grievances as you. In my opinion, the original poster appears to be an excellent candidate for a successful hair transplant. Here are the key factors:

a) Medical Stabilization: Ensuring the condition is under control. b) Decent Donor Area: Sufficient healthy hair for transplantation. c) Age: The candidate appears to be at least in his 30s, which is ideal for evaluating long-term hair loss patterns.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Stavros said:

Weren’t u defending Dr Charles the entire time… now it’s a bad hair transplant? You’re weird 

I dont think he is defending Dr Charles at all. He is actually very particular about hair transplant and almost micro criticizes even really good doctors. 

He is just trying to tell you to manage your expectations. But I think even with managing expectations your results are below par. 

Edited by shiba1985
  • Like 1

Just now, shiba1985 said:

I dont think he is defending Dr Charles at all. He is just trying to tell you to manage your expectations. But I think even with managing expectations your results are below par. 

Which begs the question. Why is this forum endorsing the doctor and his work and not reviewing him..

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

I dont think he is defending Dr Charles at all. He is actually very particular about hair transplant and almost micro criticizes even really good doctors. 

He is just trying to tell you to manage your expectations.

I don't quite agree with the micro criticism comment but ill take this as a positive comment overall haha 😄

Edited by HappyMan2021

2 hours ago, Stavros said:

Which begs the question. Why is this forum endorsing the doctor and his work and not reviewing him..

This answer is more nuanced then you may realize. There are capitalistic market forces at play, which are necessary to probably mantain and run a website such as this. I will say this, in the time I have been here, they do pull the doctors from their list if there is a consistent concern about their quality and work which based on the last few days is probably heading in that direction. 

You should try to focus more of your effort on what your next steps are in finding the right doctor and fit and not making the same mistake twice.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

You are implying that your time is more valuable and I may be just somebody sitting around at home with ample free time to look through your posts. "someone with no life." or a loser. The truth maybe far from that. I am confident within a certain degree of statistical error that I would beat you on all front for the so called standard metrics applied by society to measure success such as net worth etc. But there is no point in getting into my dick is bigger than your games online. 

I rather not discuss my transplant history as it is irrelevant to the matter at hand. 

i'm literally just asking who did your hair transplants..........i don't have time to go through all 530 of your posts. The only person calling yourself a loser is yourself mate. 

you come across as mega acoustic

Edited by HappyMan2021

• Moderators

OK guys lets cut the stupid arguing that has nothing to do with Stavros particular issue. Let's not take over his thread with a bunch of nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

16 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

OK guys lets cut the stupid arguing that has nothing to do with Stavros particular issue

is there a way to block someone on this forum? everytime this person comes out of the woodworks on me i wish to block him, but I don't see that feature. I've been wanting to block this person for AGES now.

I don't understand why a social media forum doesn't have a block feature. 

I can't seem to tag you AI Moderator but please help with a way to block if possible. Feel free to DM me if easier, whatever works. Thanks. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

is there a way to block someone on this forum? everytime this person comes out of the woodworks on me i wish to block him, but I don't see that feature. I've been wanting to block this person for AGES now.

I don't understand why a social media forum doesn't have a block feature. 

I can't seem to tag you AI Moderator but please help with a way to block if possible. Feel free to DM me if easier, whatever works. Thanks. 

I will message you.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I have a question… how come some cheap “hair mills” can offer such high survival rates and density… (but not so much artistry). But some of the American doctors like mine can provide artistry but low graft counts, density, survival rate?  What’s the discrepancy and issue? If these $1.50/graft places can pull that off why can’t the $10/graft places? 

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Stavros said:

I have a question… how come some cheap “hair mills” can offer such high survival rates and density… (but not so much artistry). But some of the American doctors like mine can provide artistry but low graft counts, density, survival rate?  What’s the discrepancy and issue? If these $1.50/graft places can pull that off why can’t the $10/graft places? 

They don't. There are plenty of cases with little to no growth after using 4000 to 6000 grafts and they leave the donor area completely destroyed. The ones who do get good growth still used twice as many grafts as were necessary to get there and will never ave enough donor left for the future.

You can't compare prices between different countries because cost of living in different countries can be completely different.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Alex27O said:

What did the doctor say was the reason for the poor growth in the transplanted areas? 

I mean he has given me a bunch of excuses….from “It’s my body” to,”it’s because of shock loss”… listen I’m not delusional i understand the shock loss of it all… but my argument against that… even with all the shock loss in the world my 3 week result (max shock loss) shouldn’t be the same as my 18 month result…. And then after those pictures weren’t enough in order for him to agree to a resolution he made me drive 3 hours to see him where he said “it’s not bad” and the fact that he can see that there are some transplanted hairs with his magnifying loops means it’s a success….. which I replied “so let me understand this correctly, you need a microscope to judge the success of your $16,000 hair transplants?????”  To which he changed the subject back to my “weak hairs” just gas lighting me every chance he got because god forbid he take accountability 

Edited by Stavros

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2024 at 10:43 PM, Stavros said:

Anyway…. Can anyone recommend a good surgeon in south Florida or will I have to travel to get this atrocity fixed 

Have a consult w/Dr. Nusbaum & go from there.  Find out where you are at w/regards to remaining donor & what your options will be for further surgery/surgeries.

Edited by jjsrader

• Valued Contributor
On 7/17/2024 at 3:43 AM, Stavros said:

Anyway…. Can anyone recommend a good surgeon in south Florida or will I have to travel to get this atrocity fixed 

What you have is very, very far from an "atrocity". Clearly not enough grafts were used to meet your hair loss needs and I'm confused as to why the mid-frontal point of your hairline was ignored if it was something that had been planned to be addressed.

It's a bit of a nothing result to be honest which is obviously disappointing to see but, as I said, it's not an atrocity and you have a lot of healthy looking native hair going for you. It shouldn't be very difficult for any good surgeon to get you a better result that what you've had.

21 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

What you have is very, very far from an "atrocity". Clearly not enough grafts were used to meet your hair loss needs and I'm confused as to why the mid-frontal point of your hairline was ignored if it was something that had been planned to be addressed.

It's a bit of a nothing result to be honest which is obviously disappointing to see but, as I said, it's not an atrocity and you have a lot of healthy looking native hair going for you. It shouldn't be very difficult for any good surgeon to get you a better result that what you've had.

You’re not wrong but given the fact that I paid $16k to be poked and prodded all day, it’s an extremely uncomfortable recovery process that makes you look like a freak in public for a while and we all only have a limited number of donor hairs that seem to have been mostly wasted…. Imagine paying that much money to be tortured with negative results from someone who charges top dollar and claims they’re the best… that’s an atrocity.

• Valued Contributor
13 minutes ago, Stavros said:

You’re not wrong but given the fact that I paid $16k to be poked and prodded all day, it’s an extremely uncomfortable recovery process that makes you look like a freak in public for a while and we all only have a limited number of donor hairs that seem to have been mostly wasted…. Imagine paying that much money to be tortured with negative results from someone who charges top dollar and claims they’re the best… that’s an atrocity.

It's not clear that the grafts you had transplanted haven't grown. It just seems you needed a decent amount more in the crown and couple hundred max in the middle of the hairline (which wasn't done). You should have been a straightforward case but if there's not enough grafts there's not enough grafts. Very frustrating - particularly when you've parted with good money, been through the recovery process and expecting more. It's still not an atrocity - you haven't been butchered, you don't need grafts removed or any corrective work and it seems there's no issue with your donor.

I have to say it doesn't look like 2100 grafts have been placed behind the hairline and crown (you haven't shared any immediate post op donor pictures but hopefully the extractions and the recipient sites align). It looks like you've had insufficient grafts for the crown and continued to lose a bit more hair in that area.

As for the divot in the hairline, did you not notice as soon as you got off the operating table that they hadn't put any grafts there? It shouldn't have been missed in the first place if it was an agreed upon area before surgery, but curious if you raised the issue when you saw it had been missed?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

It's not clear that the grafts you had transplanted haven't grown. It just seems you needed a decent amount more in the crown and couple hundred max in the middle of the hairline (which wasn't done). You should have been a straightforward case but if there's not enough grafts there's not enough grafts. Very frustrating - particularly when you've parted with good money, been through the recovery process and expecting more. It's still not an atrocity - you haven't been butchered, you don't need grafts removed or any corrective work and it seems there's no issue with your donor.

I have to say it doesn't look like 2100 grafts have been placed behind the hairline and crown (you haven't shared any immediate post op donor pictures but hopefully the extractions and the recipient sites align). It looks like you've had insufficient grafts for the crown and continued to lose a bit more hair in that area.

As for the divot in the hairline, did you not notice as soon as you got off the operating table that they hadn't put any grafts there? It shouldn't have been missed in the first place if it was an agreed upon area before surgery, but curious if you raised the issue when you saw it had been missed?

Unfortunately I did not… and I was told it was done and u can’t see all the graft placement in pictures or in real life because some of the blood is clear… as I said before he lies gas lights his patients to no end…. As I said before even with more grafts being needed why does my crown look nearly identical from week 3 to month 18 if all/most grafts survived… and to your last point… I think I would be happier if he admits he lied about grafts removed and implanted rather than finding out he removed 2100 and implanted significantly less… attached is a picture of my donor area after surgery let me know what u think

IMG_7163.png

• Valued Contributor
11 minutes ago, Stavros said:

attached is a picture of my donor area after surgery let me know what u think

Picture quality is too poor to say, but it's quite possible that it's decently less than 2100 extractions.

I mean I went in early morning and didn’t leave until later in the afternoon…. If they spent THAT much time what were they doing…. So are we now just thinking Dr charles is “just” lying about graft number? Is this to milk the patient out of 2-3 surgeries? If so this is criminal… before I just thought it was mostly a skill issue… which I still think it is given he didn’t even do the small divot in my hairline…. Skill? Ethics? 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Stavros said:

So are we now just thinking Dr charles is “just” lying about graft number?

Unfortunately no one can answer that question with any certainty. 

Posted (edited)

@Stavros I know its really hard to do so, but you should try as much as possible to move on from this. 

It has been 18 months since your surgery, its case closed at this point. 

Hypothetically, you could have had a 2nd surgery at the 9 month-1 yr mark and already had these remaining issues addressed

I know it is hard to move on fron an unsatisfying surgery, but i think alot of the answers to your questions are self evident

If experienced forum members thought you could successfully sue the pants of a doctor, they would tell you that

If other ppl agreed this is an atrocity, they would tell you that

This is indeed a for profit, cosmetic surgery, so yes the clinics are going to be financially motivated. Just like any other for profit profession

Your situation is actually incredibly common for 1st time ht patients

Forum members and moderators would honestly tell you if you were some exception and you were botched, but ppl arent saying that

If you feel SO outraged by Dr. Charles, then sure try to sue him or something. Other forum members would tell you to do the same thing, except from experience, the community knows that you basically have to be physically disfigured or disabled in some way to successfully sue for a hair transplant

I know its unfair, but alot of things in life are unfair. Just have to adapt to the situation at hand. Sorry. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

3 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@Stavros I know its really hard to do so, but you should try as much as possible to move on from this. 

It has been 18 months since your surgery, its case closed at this point. 

Hypothetically, you could have had a 2nd surgery at the 9 month-1 yr mark and already had these remaining issues addressed

I know it is hard to move on fron an unsatisfying surgery, but i think alot of your answers are self evident

If experienced forum members thought you could successfully sue the pants of a doctor, they would tell you that

If other ppl agreed this is an atrocity, they would tell you that

This is indeed a for profit, cosmetic surgery, so yes the clinics are going to be financially motivated. Just like any other for profit profession

Your situation is actually incredibly common for 1st time ht patients

Forum members and moderators would honestly tell you if you were some exception and you were botched, but ppl arent saying that

They’re saying the doctor is horrible, did a horrible job and potentially lied about grafts… which forum are you reading.:: you’re basically the only one defending Dr Charles and others have attacked you for it… and even you yourself said u would never use or recommend this doctor that is recommended by this forum so I’m not sure if you’re referencing yourself for the most part

• Haha 1