BAD Dr. Glenn Charles result

Posted (edited)

@Stavros your situation is honestly pretty hilarious to me at this point to be honest. I'm not going to pretend to care about you with this hostility. I will just grab the popcorn instead. 

I see a very naive person who signed up for an invasive, permanent medical procedure, who had absolutely no clue what they were getting themselves into. 

In terms of me defending Dr. Charles, other people saying this is a horrible result, feel free to provide quotes on that, because this is simply not true?!?!? 

Also fyi many of the doctors themselves are on this forum. With you calling Dr. Charles a criminal - perhaps you are the one who could end up being sued. It has happened before on the forum. He already has a lawyer retained, just like every other hair clinic. 

I would also be very surprised if Dr. Charles did not personally know all the other South Florida doctors as well, fyi. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

19 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

@Stavros your situation is honestly pretty hilarious to me at this point to be honest. I'm not going to pretend to care about you with this hostility. I will just grab the popcorn instead. 

I see a very naive person who signed up for an invasive, permanent medical procedure, who had absolutely no clue what they were getting themselves into. 

In terms of me defending Dr. Charles, other people saying this is a horrible result, feel free to provide quotes on that, because this is simply not true?!?!? 

Also fyi many of the doctors themselves are on this forum. With you calling Dr. Charles a criminal - perhaps you are the one who could end up being sued. It has happened before on the forum. He already has a lawyer retained, just like every other hair clinic. 

I would also be very surprised if Dr. Charles did not personally know all the other South Florida doctors as well, fyi. 

Aren’t you the one who is asking people to be blocked because they disagree with you? Who are you to silence people with opinions to differ from you? You’re literally the only one with your sentiment on this post and you’ve commented more than anyone… you’re my biggest fan apparently.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Stavros said:

Aren’t you the one who is asking people to be blocked because they disagree with you? Who are you to silence people with opinions to differ from you? You’re literally the only one with your sentiment on this post and you’ve commented more than anyone… you’re my biggest fan apparently.

Blocking =/= banned, but of course you wouldn't know the difference

Im asking to appear invisible to dolts like you on here, but you keep quoting me and bringing me back into this thread. 

You keep putting words into my mouth and cant quote me on any of your baseless accusations. 

I would have blocked you ages ago but the website doesn't have the capability

I dont know how I can be your biggest fan when I am saying I do not care about you, I find your situation hilarious, and wish you would stop bringing me back into this stupid thread

I dont care to be in this thread, but you keep asking me direct questions.

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2024 at 6:43 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

Lol literally every doctor on this site has multiple examples of poor surgeries, even the "elite surgeons"

Going to a good doctor increases your chances of success, but absolutely is not a guarantee at all. There is always risk. 

I dont want to name names, but use the search bar for the well known docs, and you will see some bad results. 

Hair transplants are an incredibly hard procedure to get right. 

I totally disagree with your statement, but Dr Charles has a history of patients that are unsatisfied and have questionable amounts of grafts. I don’t see the same issues with My doctor or or many of the docs I personally think are good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs-down 1

I am writing to address a review that was recently posted and the ongoing situation between this patient and me. While I value feedback from all my patients and aim to continually improve the care I provide, the nature of these comments and actions have escalated beyond constructive criticism and have become personally harassing. This matter required careful consideration and consultation with my colleagues to ensure a thorough and appropriate response. Your concerns were not taken lightly , and I wanted to ensure that my reply addresses all aspects comprehensibly. Over my career, I have been in Private practice for over 20 years and performed more than 10,000 hair transplants, with the vast majority  of my patients being very satisfied with the results.  To start I would like it to be clear that I have always agreed with the patient that his results were less than expected. I tried to explain to him that there will always be a small percentage of patients that will have sub-par results. Despite the best efforts by the doctor and his/her staff. This is why every hair transplant doctor has a consent form that specifically states we cannot guarantee hair growth. This patient read and signed this form. At approximately the one year post op he began asking for a refund after  sending me a few poorly taken selfie “after” photos without even coming back to the office so I could see his results in person. After several months he finally agreed to come back for his follow-up visit. I agreed with the patient that I also expected a better result durning that visit. My primary commitment is to provide the highest quality of care and to make every patient happy. Therefore I offered another full hair transplant procedure at no cost to the patient. He declined and said he would only be satisfied and sign a non-disclosure/ non-defamation agreement if he received most of his money back. If he received any lesser amount of what he was asking for he would not sign any agreement. He began threatening me that if I did not return his money, he would start a negative campaign against me on the internet including this site and others.  He also has asked me to find another hair transplant doctor to perform the surgery and cover the costs. However, after consulting with three other prominent  doctors and explaining the situation to them, they have all concluded that they had no interest in performing a hair transplant on this patient. It is crucial that such decisions are respected due to the risks and complexity associated with this case. The last communication I had with this patient was a text that included a threat to involve lawyers.. I am always open to constructive feedback and am wiling to discuss any legitimate concerns a patient may have about his/her care. However, any discussions must occur in a respectful and professional manner, with the goal being to resolve the manner not wage vengeance.
(This will be my only response to this post)
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:
I am writing to address a review that was recently posted and the ongoing situation between this patient and me. While I value feedback from all my patients and aim to continually improve the care I provide, the nature of these comments and actions have escalated beyond constructive criticism and have become personally harassing. This matter required careful consideration and consultation with my colleagues to ensure a thorough and appropriate response. Your concerns were not taken lightly , and I wanted to ensure that my reply addresses all aspects comprehensibly. Over my career, I have been in Private practice for over 20 years and performed more than 10,000 hair transplants, with the vast majority  of my patients being very satisfied with the results.  To start I would like it to be clear that I have always agreed with the patient that his results were less than expected. I tried to explain to him that there will always be a small percentage of patients that will have sub-par results. Despite the best efforts by the doctor and his/her staff. This is why every hair transplant doctor has a consent form that specifically states we cannot guarantee hair growth. This patient read and signed this form. At approximately the one year post op he began asking for a refund after  sending me a few poorly taken selfie “after” photos without even coming back to the office so I could see his results in person. After several months he finally agreed to come back for his follow-up visit. I agreed with the patient that I also expected a better result durning that visit. My primary commitment is to provide the highest quality of care and to make every patient happy. Therefore I offered another full hair transplant procedure at no cost to the patient. He declined and said he would only be satisfied and sign a non-disclosure/ non-defamation agreement if he received most of his money back. If he received any lesser amount of what he was asking for he would not sign any agreement. He began threatening me that if I did not return his money, he would start a negative campaign against me on the internet including this site and others.  He also has asked me to find another hair transplant doctor to perform the surgery and cover the costs. However, after consulting with three other prominent  doctors and explaining the situation to them, they have all concluded that they had no interest in performing a hair transplant on this patient. It is crucial that such decisions are respected due to the risks and complexity associated with this case. The last communication I had with this patient was a text that included a threat to involve lawyers.. I am always open to constructive feedback and am wiling to discuss any legitimate concerns a patient may have about his/her care. However, any discussions must occur in a respectful and professional manner, with the goal being to resolve the manner not wage vengeance.
(This will be my only response to this post)

I will address this fully when I get more time but saying there were any threats is a bold face lie… for months dr Charles asked me not to post about the situation and then got upset when I started posting after he ghosted me for 3 weeks when he said he was working on a resolution to the poor result…. I told him repeatedly it wasn’t about “making money off of him” but fixing the poor work that was done and that I could not trust him to redo the work given my poor results and almost everyone else’s poor results reported on this forum. I have no problems providing the text messages between us. Please @Dr. Glenn Charles If you have any text messages of me “threatening you” please provide them 

• Like 1

I am writing to address a review that was recently posted and the ongoing situation between this patient and me. While I value feedback from all my patients and aim to continually improve the care I provide, the nature of these comments and actions have escalated beyond constructive criticism and have become personally harassing.

there is nothing harassing about you promising a resolution to make me happy but completely ghosting me for 3 weeks and only replying to me after someone canceled their surgery due to my comment on a post as you claimed 

This matter required careful consideration and consultation with my colleagues to ensure a thorough and appropriate response. Your concerns were not taken lightly , and I wanted to ensure that my reply addresses all aspects comprehensibly. Over my career, I have been in Private practice for over 20 years and performed more than 10,000 hair transplants, with the vast majority  of my patients being very satisfied with the results.  To start I would like it to be clear that I have always agreed with the patient that his results were less than expected. I tried to explain to him that there will always be a small percentage of patients that will have sub-par results. Despite the best efforts by the doctor and his/her staff. This is why every hair transplant doctor has a consent form that specifically states we cannot guarantee hair growth. This patient read and signed this form.

you refuse to admit that your failure rate is FAR beyond the industry standard and even when looking at the successful cases on your own website most have been done by the ARTAS robot and the rest are nothing to brag about 

At approximately the one year post op he began asking for a refund after  sending me a few poorly taken selfie “after” photos without even coming back to the office so I could see his results in person.

I did not ask for a refund I contacted you to let you know at 1 year I’ve had no results and I was told I would be sent my before pictures by your office and I followed up and for 4 months I was not sent any until you finally sent them… and the “poor photos”  are the same photos that are in this thread… if a professional cannot tell the transplant had a poor result then we have other issues… furthermore I agreed to come into the office if you let me know what you would do for me if my photos were accurate because I wasn’t going to travel 3 hours for no reason…. I have half a dozen text messages showing this and you refusing to put anything in writing.

After several months he finally agreed to come back for his follow-up visit. I agreed with the patient that I also expected a better result durning that visit. My primary commitment is to provide the highest quality of care and to make every patient happy. Therefore I offered another full hair transplant procedure at no cost to the patient. He declined and said he would only be satisfied and sign a non-disclosure/ non-defamation agreement if he received most of his money back. If he received any lesser amount of what he was asking for he would not sign any agreement.

I simply said I did not trust you to redo the surgery after seeing my result, my 4 friends that went to you at the same time and the countless others on this board… I wanted you to fund most of the repair and said you could send the $ directly to the doctor… I didn’t care about the $ ever just wanted what I paid $16,000 for in the first place… you said you would ask your friends if they would trade surgeries with you… I suspect no one wanted you to do one of their clients. The non disclosure was your idea because you didn’t want me to share my story

He began threatening me that if I did not return his money, he would start a negative campaign against me on the internet including this site and others.  

I’m not sure what you constitute as a threat? Telling the truth? Your office told me the only option was you redoing the surgery and no refund was on the table… you then proceeded to ignore me for 3 weeks until I posted on OTHERS bad surgery posts of yours… at that point you finally reached out with a non disclosure and offer of 50% and told me to “go to Turkey” imagine a “top surgeon” telling you to take 50% and go to Turkey.

He also has asked me to find another hair transplant doctor to perform the surgery and cover the costs. However, after consulting with three other prominent  doctors and explaining the situation to them, they have all concluded that they had no interest in performing a hair transplant on this patient. It is crucial that such decisions are respected due to the risks and complexity associated with this case.

I believe I covered this already… this was because he refused to part with my money and was looking for other solutions to not lose a penny for his bad work

The last communication I had with this patient was a text that included a threat to involve lawyers..

you were the first to involve lawyers with an overbearing one sided release that my attorney laughed at and you wanted them to reach out to eachother

i am always open to constructive feedback and am wiling to discuss any legitimate concerns a patient may have about his/her care. However, any discussions must occur in a respectful and professional manner, with the goal being to resolve the manner not wage vengeance.

99.9% of it was very professional and I kept telling Dr Charles and his staff how much I liked them as people but that they needed to reevaluate their practice due to their extremely high failure rate… Dr Charles went as far as telling me that the posts were from his enemies and old business partners… keep in mind I’ve been trying to resolve this situation for 7 months, constantly being promised a resolution disappearing for weeks at a time and reneging on his part… refusing a refund and then offering one after clients canceling surgeries…. And then again refusing the refund and communication again after simply posting my photos…. On top of it he has changed his story 3x on why he failed to do my hairline as planned and then finally slipped up and sent a text that, that’s the only thing he did wrong…. But now he posts false stories about me and ghosted me once again…. Maybe the lawyers will handle it or maybe he’ll ask me to take this down when he loses even more business… however he said he doesn’t care about bad reviews as most of his business comes from word of mouth….

• Like 2

@Melvin- Admin

@Dr. Glenn Charles

please review the above… Dr Charles I invite you to refute anything there… all I ask is that if you do you post text messages and evidence and if any evidence is needed for ANYTHING I said above just ask and I’ll post them on Monday as I’m still out of the country with slow internet 

27 minutes ago, Stavros said:

@Melvin- Admin

@Dr. Glenn Charles

please review the above… Dr Charles I invite you to refute anything there… all I ask is that if you do you post text messages and evidence and if any evidence is needed for ANYTHING I said above just ask and I’ll post them on Monday as I’m still out of the country with slow internet 

Please post evidence as right now it's a case of "he said, she said"

1 minute ago, Fox243 said:

Please post evidence as right now it's a case of "he said, she said"

That’s perfect fine….I’ll compile text message screenshot early next week and start posting. Like I said, I’m out of the country where I am the internet sucks so sending pictures is a pain and my free time is limited.  Is there any particular issue listed above you want to see a screenshot, I may be able to get that out faster. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Stavros said:

That’s perfect fine….I’ll compile text message screenshot early next week and start posting. Like I said, I’m out of the country where I am the internet sucks so sending pictures is a pain and my free time is limited.  Is there any particular issue listed above you want to see a screenshot, I may be able to get that out faster. 

I can't imagine a surgeon recommending someone go to Turkey. Feel free to share that one (and the context around it too please to be fair to both parties).

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

That one was done over the phone “I’m offering you half… thats more than enough to go to Turkey and get whatever you want done”.  So unfortunately I cannot post that text… except for a text of me referencing that conversation… attached 

Edited by Melvin- Admin
Removed private conversations

On 7/25/2024 at 7:36 PM, Stavros said:

That one was done over the phone “I’m offering you half… thats more than enough to go to Turkey and get whatever you want done”.  So unfortunately I cannot post that text… except for a text of me referencing that conversation… attached 

sorry, would you mind posting his text afterwards. i want to see if he mentions anything about this text in it. Of course, an unsent message is not a great look, but still want to see what he says after.

2 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

sorry, would you mind posting his text afterwards. i want to see if he mentions anything about this text in it. Of course, an unsent message is not a great look, but still want to see what he says after.

Sorry he ghosted me again at that point… as you can see he replied with something but he unsent the message.. I’m in a different time zone so I believe it was sent while I was sleeping and never saw what he sent 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Stavros said:

Sorry he ghosted me again at that point… as you can see he replied with something but he unsent the message.. I’m in a different time zone so I believe it was sent while I was sleeping and never saw what he sent 

sorry for making this difficult, but i really wanna make sure im fair to both parties. would you mind either showing the next message or with the part showing that you can type again, so we know that this is the last message? Otherwise, it just looked cropped the way it is.

Edited by Fox243
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

sorry for making this difficult, but i really wanna make sure im fair to both parties. would you mind either showing the next message or with the part showing that you can type again, so we know that this is the last message? Otherwise, it just looked cropped the way it is.

Yup getting ready for dinner now but I’ll private message you and start putting together much much much more 

2 minutes ago, BogdanNn134 said:

@StavrosAre you gonna post the pictures here too, or only in private? I saw a lot of bad results from this Dr. 

I’ll post a lot here but more in private…. There’s names and pictures etc that I can’t make public. At the end of the day the conversation with him good or bad doesn’t change the results we can all see with our own eyes that he claims any doctor would have had the same results… he is delusional and blames the patient and it’s never his fault.

2 minutes ago, BogdanNn134 said:

@Stavros Seems like a lot of people on this forum still defends him.... well if you have something time to prove them wrong.

Who still recommends him? I haven’t seen anyone in years praise his results? 

• Administrators

You’re not allowed to post private text messages without consent of the other person. I have removed the screenshot, which was cut off and posted. 

On 7/25/2024 at 7:46 PM, Fox243 said:

It was cropped, but we do not allow private messages shared here unless both parties consent. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

You’re not allowed to post private text messages without consent of the other person. I have removed the screenshot, which was cut off and posted. 

It was cropped, but we do not allow private messages shared here unless both parties consent. 

I see. Can you share how this will be resolved then? I do want to make sure both the patient and doctor have a fair chance at representation, and want to understand how HRN will facilitate that.

Obviously, HRN needs to strike a balance between supporting the patient (as doctors are in positions of power over patients who have potentially been botched and had their funds depleted), while also objectively looking at the facts.