Can you please let me know your opinion about my hair transplant, please? I have doubts...

5 hours ago, FormerFutureKrillin said:

@sweveney I am currently undergoing a repair with a different doctor, you can click on my profile to see my original surgery and current status.

I think it is a good idea to speak with Dr. Bloxham about your concerns, calmly and clearly, and see what he says. Then you can decide what to do next based on that conversation.

Interesting re: the paperwork. I don’t really remember anything like that but perhaps others do.

Thank you man! I'll check it out for sure!

2 hours ago, baldDick666 said:

Jeeeeesus Christ ....
You must have a nice party there in the US with those doctors :D
It is really ... reeeeeeeally a different world ...

Signing a paper not allowing you to call that sh.t by name :(
It's not a sh.t ... It's a chocolate :D

Anyway as I said => take care man and good luck :)

Lol, you are hilarious! Many thanks, good luck as well!

22 hours ago, Gatsby said:

The thing with the crown is that it is simply a huge area to cover on it's own. The way that the hair is angled in the crown means it will always need more grafts than any other area of the scalp. If you have the donor capacity then you may be able to have a third pass to give the illusion of more density/coverage. If you do though I would really research patient results who have a silmilar hair loss pattern as yours with results that you are trying to obtain. I'm not a doctor but I would also consider taking finasteride to protect your hair. All the best!

I appreciate your input my friend! It makes total sense. Thanks a lot! 

4 hours ago, JoeD said:

As a busy healthcare professional, I don’t think it’s surprising at all to not get a response from an email where you were apologizing for missing an appointment….. 

If you were asking them a question that necessitates a reply, and no response within a reasonable timeframe….. I would just CC Bloxham on the reply follow up email

Point well taken my friend! Thanks a lot. 

Please be careful with the comments here either directly implying that this is the fault of the clinic or doctor. Seeing a lot of this happening on this forum recently. 

The reality is this patient was a Norwood 6 and had 3600 fine haired grafts implanted. There is not a doctor on the planet that could make it look much better than this. He would need at least twice that number of grafts to get a result that could pass for "dense". 

Not sure why larger strips were not taken, the theory of scalp laxity being poor seems likely. Very sorry to this patient and I hope they are able to just get a large FUE session to add density (and there is every reason to think this is possible!). 

But for all those reading this considering a HT, make sure you understand the ballpark number of grafts you're going to need before going into a procedure. I know from personal experience that Dr. Bloxham will discuss these numbers with you prior to your surgery. If you have a bare NW 6 crown and are told you can't get more than 1500 grafts to cover it, do not proceed with a surgery. There are no doctors that can magically turn less than 50% of the requisite grafts into something that looks reasonable, no matter how skilled or the technique used. To imply this is the fault of the clinic and not merely a consequence of the graft count is very misleading. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, kgoat said:

Please be careful with the comments here either directly implying that this is the fault of the clinic or doctor. Seeing a lot of this happening on this forum recently. 

The reality is this patient was a Norwood 6 and had 3600 fine haired grafts implanted. There is not a doctor on the planet that could make it look much better than this. He would need at least twice that number of grafts to get a result that could pass for "dense". 

Not sure why larger strips were not taken, the theory of scalp laxity being poor seems likely. Very sorry to this patient and I hope they are able to just get a large FUE session to add density (and there is every reason to think this is possible!). 

But for all those reading this considering a HT, make sure you understand the ballpark number of grafts you're going to need before going into a procedure. I know from personal experience that Dr. Bloxham will discuss these numbers with you prior to your surgery. If you have a bare NW 6 crown and are told you can't get more than 1500 grafts to cover it, do not proceed with a surgery. There are no doctors that can magically turn less than 50% of the requisite grafts into something that looks reasonable, no matter how skilled or the technique used. To imply this is the fault of the clinic and not merely a consequence of the graft count is very misleading. 

A brand new account that comes rushing in to defend the doctor. Hmmm…

I fully admit that I may be biased by my experience. Which is why I suggest OP go talk to the doctor about his concerns. OP deserves to hear the doctor’s response to his concerns. This does not attribute fault to anyone yet.

But, in my PERSONAL opinion, 2500-2700 grafts in the frontal third should give a better result (even on a relatively fine-haired patient).

Edited by FormerFutureKrillin
  • Like 2

• Moderators

You were basically a NW6. 3900 grafts is not going to cover a NW6 area with a decent density especially on a fine haired patient. I think the growth was good for the amount of grafts done, so I don't think you need a "repair". I just think you need more grafts. I do question why Dr Bloxham only did roughly 2700 grafts on the first session and only roughly 1200 grafts on the second session. It should have been obvious to him that you'd need more than that for full coverage. To be fair, there could have been reasons for not doing more grafts such as low scalp laxity or a lower than average graft density in the donor zone. Some people have super thick natural densities and others don't. However even if there was a legitimate reason why the graft count was on the low end for the amount of balding, I think the Dr should have told the patient when he went for the 2nd session that due to his fine hair and low graft counts that they are able to get, they should concentrate on thickening up the frontal half with grafts going back a little further than the first session and then plan a third session to finish the crown. I think this would have been a much better plan and would have looked better at this point in time. The crown would still be bald, but the entire front half would have been completed making the patient look a lot better.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

You were basically a NW6. 3900 grafts is not going to cover a NW6 area with a decent density especially on a fine haired patient. I think the growth was good for the amount of grafts done, so I don't think you need a "repair". I just think you need more grafts. I do question why Dr Bloxham only did roughly 2700 grafts on the first session and only roughly 1200 grafts on the second session. It should have been obvious to him that you'd need more than that for full coverage

The funny thing is that he would probably get much better result going to a random Turkish hairmill :)

If directly, then the cost ~1,5k EUR, and 2,5k-3k EUR via some company with translator etc ...
They would not check his conditions, donor etc until the day of the surgery - just got random team of techs, 4k from donor taken, 6-7h of surgery and go home (I mean to the hotel being a part of the package). If lucky enough - he would have already had covered his frontal third and maybe a part of the midscalp.

Of course I do not reccomend playing russian roulette, but there are many cases like I just described and ther esult is much better than paying such ridiculous money.
Also OP is NW6 and a doctor "proposes" him 1,2k grafts :D What a generous doctor :) Why not 600? Or maybe 321 grafts (3 grafts per each cm^2) :D

I really sometimes do not believe what I see :)

Anyway => still wishing good luck and keeping my fingers crossed ;)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For a norwood 6 you would need probably double the number of grafts you had to achieve fuller visual density, of course this is not true native density but it would appear fuller. 

This should have been communicated to you in the planning phase with your surgeon, as to align your expectations with what will realistically be achieved with the graft numbers you were given.

If it was not, this is either negligence or incompetence.

Also, I am not a fan of the grid like pattern placement of grafts, it does not look natural. 

However, don't stress too much, your case is fixable, but I would look into the best FUE surgeons for your next surgery. 

Edited by asterix0
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

You were basically a NW6. 3900 grafts is not going to cover a NW6 area with a decent density especially on a fine haired patient. I think the growth was good for the amount of grafts done, so I don't think you need a "repair". I just think you need more grafts. I do question why Dr Bloxham only did roughly 2700 grafts on the first session and only roughly 1200 grafts on the second session. It should have been obvious to him that you'd need more than that for full coverage. To be fair, there could have been reasons for not doing more grafts such as low scalp laxity or a lower than average graft density in the donor zone. Some people have super thick natural densities and others don't. However even if there was a legitimate reason why the graft count was on the low end for the amount of balding, I think the Dr should have told the patient when he went for the 2nd session that due to his fine hair and low graft counts that they are able to get, they should concentrate on thickening up the frontal half with grafts going back a little further than the first session and then plan a third session to finish the crown. I think this would have been a much better plan and would have looked better at this point in time. The crown would still be bald, but the entire front half would have been completed making the patient look a lot better.

Wow Gatsby! Thanks a million for your detailed examination of my case. I agree with you. It is also a mystery to me why things were done this way. I suspect Dr B. may need to improve his technique when it comes to filling the crown. I have seen other cases like mine in several photo galleries from different providers and they look great! However, the hair of my donor area is thick, and dense. I am taking notes of your suggestions; I'll have them in mind when the time comes, and I seek for a third and hopefully successful H.T.  Thank you for taking your time in sharing your thoughts about this. You are a kind man!

4 hours ago, asterix0 said:

For a norwood 6 you would need probably double the number of grafts you had to achieve fuller visual density, of course this is not true native density but it would appear fuller. 

This should have been communicated to you in the planning phase with your surgeon, as to align your expectations with what will realistically be achieved with the graft numbers you were given.

If it was not, this is either negligence or incompetence.

Also, I am not a fan of the grid like pattern placement of grafts, it does not look natural. 

However, don't stress too much, your case is fixable, but I would look into the best FUE surgeons for your next surgery. 

Hi Asterix0! I agree that there was a definitive lack of proper communication from Feller and Bloxham regarding the expected outcome. It is good to know that my case is fixable! Thank you, your input is much appreciated it!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2024 at 9:47 AM, sweveney said:

It is Dr Bloxham. How did you guess?

Stinky rows and maybe the poor growth

On 7/15/2024 at 11:20 AM, sweveney said:

The paperwork I signed clarifies that I should be careful as to how to frame any complain/feedback in a way that could not be taken as discrediting or misrepresenting the provider of the service, which I believe is fair.

This is alarming. Huge redflag. Nobody should goto docs like this 👎 I also think regulators should take a closer to look at poor practices in the medical industry like this
image.thumb.png.198c58377f217116790708687e366f06.png

Also individuals who get paid indirectly by Bloxham(through HRN) and 1 post accounts defending Bloxham and trying to steer this conversation towards "he only had 3900 grafts" is pretty poor. Anyone who gets indirectly paid by the clinic should have no say in this matter and should not try to defend a client's botched result in a public forum. We've also seen with the Rafael Manelli fiasco how the clinic tries to sway opinion on this site in unethical manner.

Please note that this patient had 2 invasive procedures close to 4000 grafts and with over $23000(going by website pricing)+other costs to go from looking like this:

After 1st H.T.jpg

to this:

2 years after two H.T.II.jpg

The overall plan is also puzzling to me. It's hard for me to judge what the plan was especially for the 2nd transplant with 1100-1250 grafts spread over front and back. Was it just poor planning? Was it lack of scalp laxity? Was it a cash grab? Was it something else? Hard to say.

OP good thing is that you probably still have donor remaining to get decent result because you went with FUT. But I'm sorry to say you got badly done by by this doc. You wasted time, money, mental capacity and most importantly precious grafts. I would start looking for repair doctors.

EDIT: In pic #1, I incorrectly mentioned it was the before image. Corrected in following post.

Edited by 4chanhrn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 4chanhrn said:

This is alarming. Huge redflag. Nobody should goto docs like this 👎 I also think regulators should take a closer to look at poor practices in the medical industry like this

Also individuals who get paid indirectly by Bloxham(through HRN) and 1 post accounts defending Bloxham and trying to steer this conversation towards "he only had 3900 grafts" is pretty poor. Anyone who gets indirectly paid by the clinic should have no say in this matter and should not try to defend a client's botched result in a public forum. We've also seen with the Rafael Manelli fiasco how the clinic tries to sway opinion on this site in unethical manner.

Please note that this patient had 2 invasive procedures close to 4000 grafts and with over $23000(going by website pricing)+other costs to go from looking like this:

After 1st H.T.jpg

to this:

The overall plan is also puzzling to me. It's hard for me to judge what the plan was especially for the 2nd transplant with 1100-1250 grafts spread over front and back. Was it just poor planning? Was it lack of scalp laxity? Was it a cash grab? Was it something else? Hard to say.

OP good thing is that you probably still have donor remaining to get decent result because you went with FUT. But I'm sorry to say you got badly done by by this doc. You wasted time, money, mental capacity and most importantly precious grafts. I would start looking for repair doctors.

Lmao man promise you I'm not being paid by any clinic. The idea "1 post account" is somehow not worth listening to because they aren't constantly posting on this forum is also really foolish. I just have been lurking and reading reviews, and have noticed a lot of seemingly unfair criticisms around certain doctors that aren't called out. Doing my part here for other lurkers to present a less biased viewpoint.

I agree the doc should've been more forthcoming with expectations here, and I agree it would've been most ethical to simply turn this patient away from HT #2. But we don't know the details. We don't know if OP was told he may not get a great result, and decided he wanted to go for it anyways because he was happy with his first HT. We don't know if OP had bad laxity and poor healing characteristics out of the doctors control. We don't know if the patient paid for the HT before the doc could assess said laxity, and went forward with a procedure without knowing his own laxity situation. Etc etc. The gist of your criticisms here are pretty unfair. 

And as if to prove my point, you've presented his "before and after" pictures in your comment as if there were 3900 grafts of difference between the two. Those pics are between HTs 1 and 2. Something like 1500 fine haired grafts is the only difference between them, and some pretty obvious lateral hump thinning (not sure if OP was on medication) in that timeframe as well. 

Framing this as a botch job needing a repair case just does a total disservice to the lurkers on this forum trying to understand HTs (who I'll remind you comprise the vast majority of forum readers). So for those lurkers: A good HT is not a matter of scouring the internet to find the one doctor who has no sub-par results. Hair characteristics, scalp characteristics, Norwood level, graft availability, etc matter way more than "I won't get a good result from XYZ doc because some other guy on the forum didn't". And for the record I have not had a HT from this doc so I cannot positively vouch for him either, I'm just trying to eliminate bias from the forum. Do your homework. 

Getting tired of a couple posters flooding threads with unfair commentary/misleading criticisms and making it harder for those researching HTs to understand the good vs the bad. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kgoat said:

Lmao man promise you I'm not being paid by any clinic. The idea "1 post account" is somehow not worth listening to because they aren't constantly posting on this forum

An account being made just to passionately defend a particular doctor is extremely suspicious when the doctor/clinic in question has had past history of supposedly trying to unethically manipulate public opinion with fake accounts.

Given the evidence that Rafael Manelli may be Dr. Alan Feller. I have requested an identity confirmation. Having accounts that are physicians posing as regular members poses an astroturfing threat, which undermines our community. I have suspended Rafaels posting privileges until I can confirm his identity. If he confirms his identity I will lift the suspension and notify the community. Silence is deafening and telling.

And as if to prove my point, you've presented his "before and after" pictures in your comment as if there were 3900 grafts of difference between the two. Those pics are between HTs 1 and 2.

That's my mistake. The way the pictures were presented were confusing and it was oversight on my part. I apologize. However if you look at the next picture in OP, most of the midscalp in pic 1 was non-transplanted so it looks sparse for ~2700 grafts being transplanted even if you account for hair characteristics. Did large part of grafts not grow? 

1 hour ago, kgoat said:

Framing this as a botch job needing a repair case just does a total disservice to the lurkers on this forum trying to understand HTs (who I'll remind you comprise the vast majority of forum readers). So for those lurkers: A good HT is not a matter of scouring the internet to find the one doctor who has no sub-par results. Hair characteristics, scalp characteristics, Norwood level, graft availability, etc matter way more than "I won't get a good result from XYZ doc because some other guy on the forum didn't".

This guy is looking at potentially 2 more transplants. He has used up nearly 4000 grafts and doesn't have a lot to show for it other than arguably poor growth and a scar that'll cause issues for him to deplete donor with FUE. Was this the plan when he was put in the surgery chair? Would the patient have been happy with this outcome after spending more than $23000 and doing 2 invasive procedures? Was the plan to do 4 transplants from beginning. Were his expectations met? If they were, he wouldn't have been here making this thread.

Getting tired of a couple posters flooding threads with unfair commentary/misleading criticisms and making it harder for those researching HTs to understand the good vs the bad. 

I am entitled to my opinion. I'm not flooding anything. If anything this clinic in past has been accused of that. Let other decide.

Edited by 4chanhrn
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 2:58 PM, 4chanhrn said:

After 1st H.T.jpg

to this:

EDIT: In pic #1, I incorrectly mentioned it was the before image. Corrected in following post.

Actually Pic # 1, as shown in this post, is one year after first H.T. and right before second H.T. I was satisfied with the results of the first H.T. But the second H.T. 's result is weird and underwhelming. As one can observe from the original pics, I have an empty spot right behind my bang. And what baffles me then is that I had natural hair in the middle of my crown, as one can see in pic #2.  Reason why I supposed that it would be a matter of filling the gaps. However, the end result after second H.T. are easy to observe in the pictures provided. The consensus here is that I am not wrong in having doubts as to what the outcome looks like. Thanks to everyone for your support. Finally, I ask myself, what good can come from communicating with this Dr about this? I have read at least one other person's post detailing his experience at this place, I have read Dr's answer to that client. It was totally futile. It actually reads as if it was, somehow, the patient's fault. 

Edited by sweveney
Grammar

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, sweveney said:

Actually Pic # 1, as shown in this post, is one year after first H.T. and right before second H.T. I was satisfied with the results of the first H.T. But the second H.T. 's result is weird and underwhelming. As one can observe from the original pics, I have an empty spot right behind my bang. And what baffles me then is that I had natural hair in the middle of my crown, as one can see in pic #2.  Reason why I supposed that it would be a matter of filling the gaps. However, the end result after second H.T. are easy to observe in the pictures provided. The consensus here is that I am not wrong in having doubts as to what the outcome looks like. Thanks to everyone for your support. Finally, I ask myself, what good can come from communicating with Dr Bloxham about this? I have read at least one other person's post detailing his experience at Feller and Bloxham, I have read Dr Bloxham's answer to that client. It was totally futile. It actually reads as if it was, somehow, the patient's fault. What I do want to know is if am I at risk to lose my graphs. ????

I got a bit confused with the pictures, but corrected it in later post. Apologies.

I think you should definitely get on medication. Talk to a derm and see if oral minoxidil and dutasteride could work for you. That would preserve or regrow as much as possible. It would also give you time. I would use this time to try to consult(in person if possible) with docs who you think can do good work on you. Definitely talk to someone like Dr. Muresanu, even if you don't want to do surgery with him. I think your situation is solvable, but getting in person assessment would greatly help on where you stand. Make expectations to doc clear. You don't want to go under the knife 2 more times and still feel like it barely made a difference. Definitely don't rush into this. If you can(or cannot) wait, I would look into getting a consult with Zarev. You will know exactly where you stand and what is possible.

I'm not sure much would come by trying to communicate with Bloxham. From your earlier replies it doesn't look like he's keen to help you out. What are your expectations from him? To get some amount back from him or another procedure to set things right? I'm not sure you should go under the knife again with same doc. There are multiple cases on this forum where trying to fix a bad transplant from the same doc hasn't worked out.

Edited by 4chanhrn
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 2:58 PM, 4chanhrn said:

After 1st H.T.jpg

to this:

It was curious to me that I wasn't provided with a copy of the paperwork I signed with all the technical legalities. I do remember, though, it was pretty much self-serving and intended to preempt or forestall any feasible complain on my part. I also recall the paperwork did not offer any possible measure of correction in my benefit. It made sense to me that the guy was covering himself. It is the nature of the trade. I believe I owed myself to ask to someone else an informed opinion about my H.T. and thanks to you all I have a better sense of what happened and what could have been done absolutely better than it was. Also, I swear I was very enthusiastic about writing an essay praising this doctor and detailing how wonderful my H.T. is. However, I owe to other guys like me to share my experience at this practice.

Edited by sweveney

Can anybody please tell me if I am at risk of losing my grafts? Thanks a million guys! Also, if anyone reading this is researching or browsing around, Please do not use solely my post as your source of information. 

23 minutes ago, 4chanhrn said:

I got a bit confused with the pictures, but corrected it in later post. Apologies.

I think you should definitely get on medication. Talk to a derm and see if oral minoxidil and dutasteride could work for you. That would preserve or regrow as much as possible. It would also give you time. I would use this time to try to consult(in person if possible) with docs who you think can do good work on you. Definitely talk to someone like Dr. Muresanu, even if you don't want to do surgery with him. I think your situation is solvable, but getting in person assessment would greatly help on where you stand. Make expectations to doc clear. You don't want to go under the knife 2 more times and still feel like it barely made a difference. Definitely don't rush into this. If you can(or cannot) wait, I would look into getting a consult with Zarev. You will know exactly where you stand and what is possible.

I'm not sure much would come by trying to communicate with Bloxham. From your earlier replies it doesn't look like he's keen to help you out. What are your expectations from him? To get some amount back from him or another procedure to set things right? I'm not sure you should go under the knife again with same doc. There are multiple cases on this forum where trying to fix a bad transplant from the same doc hasn't worked out.

You are a good man! Thank you for your input. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2024 at 5:48 PM, kgoat said:

Lmao man promise you I'm not being paid by any clinic. The idea "1 post account" is somehow not worth listening to because they aren't constantly posting on this forum is also really foolish. I just have been lurking and reading reviews, and have noticed a lot of seemingly unfair criticisms around certain doctors that aren't called out. Doing my part here for other lurkers to present a less biased viewpoint.

I agree the doc should've been more forthcoming with expectations here, and I agree it would've been most ethical to simply turn this patient away from HT #2. But we don't know the details. We don't know if OP was told he may not get a great result, and decided he wanted to go for it anyways because he was happy with his first HT. We don't know if OP had bad laxity and poor healing characteristics out of the doctors control. We don't know if the patient paid for the HT before the doc could assess said laxity, and went forward with a procedure without knowing his own laxity situation. Etc etc. The gist of your criticisms here are pretty unfair. 

And as if to prove my point, you've presented his "before and after" pictures in your comment as if there were 3900 grafts of difference between the two. Those pics are between HTs 1 and 2. Something like 1500 fine haired grafts is the only difference between them, and some pretty obvious lateral hump thinning (not sure if OP was on medication) in that timeframe as well. 

Framing this as a botch job needing a repair case just does a total disservice to the lurkers on this forum trying to understand HTs (who I'll remind you comprise the vast majority of forum readers). So for those lurkers: A good HT is not a matter of scouring the internet to find the one doctor who has no sub-par results. Hair characteristics, scalp characteristics, Norwood level, graft availability, etc matter way more than "I won't get a good result from XYZ doc because some other guy on the forum didn't". And for the record I have not had a HT from this doc so I cannot positively vouch for him either, I'm just trying to eliminate bias from the forum. Do your homework. 

Hey man, let me answer all that you don't know, as stated in your post: "We don't know if OP was told he may not get a great result, and decided he wanted to go for it anyways because he was happy with his first HT.'"? That assertion, with all due respect, is ludicrous.  Why would I, or anyone, decide to have a second H.T. when told that I "may not get a great result," ? It doesn't make any sense.         "We don't know if OP had bad laxity" Well, I am pleased to inform that I have great laxity.       "and poor healing characteristics" I had a surgery sometime in my life and I healed very well. I don't make keloid and have non perceptible scars from all the times I scraped my skin playing when I was a kid.   I have never been told that I may have "poor healing characteristics".    Regarding   "out of the doctors control"? I can say that the doctor has a very good control over his finances.     "We don't know if the patient paid for the HT before the doc could assess said laxity"? No I didn't. I paid $2,000 as requested in advance. Then I paid the balance the same day of my H.T; and even if Dr didn't assess correctly in a timely and professional manner my laxity, that's on him. He had six months to do so.     "and went forward with a procedure without knowing his own laxity situation" Are you serious? do you take me for a fool? and again, even if I didn't know my own laxity situation, there was a failure, once again, in doing a professional assessment of my "own laxity situation" as you say. Your questions seem to imply that the poor outcome of my H.T., as my cohorts in this network opine, somehow is my fault  ???.   At the same time, your questions, put Dr  in a very precarious position, professionally and ethically.    Why would he move forward not knowing all those things? Finally, I have nothing against this doctor other than the things that have been subjected to the opinion of my peers in this network. 

Edited by sweveney
Grammar
  • Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, 4chanhrn said:

Also individuals who get paid indirectly by Bloxham(through HRN) and 1 post accounts defending Bloxham and trying to steer this conversation towards "he only had 3900 grafts" is pretty poor. Anyone who gets indirectly paid by the clinic should have no say in this matter and should not try to defend a client's botched result in a public forum.

The only person who posted in this thread and is paid by this site is me and that is for work I do as a moderator. I do not get paid by any Dr. and in fact I'm a hair transplant patient and I'm paying a lot more money to hair transplant Drs than I get paid here. I've been a member of this site since 2007 and a lurker here for years before that while I've only been a paid moderator for several months. The idea that a moderator shouldn't be allowed to post in a forum they moderate makes no sense. Now please go back and read my previous post. I questioned why so few grafts were done and said it was poor planning by Dr Bloxham. I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that those statements are defending the Dr. I did say he is a NW 6 and got around 3900 grafts. It could have been as low as 3600 since they charge by the range and we don't know the exact graft numbers. There is no way that number of grafts was going to provide good coverage all over no matter which Dr the patient went to. That doesn't defend the Dr and it doesn't blame the patient. It's simply a statement. Do you disagree with it? Do you think 3600 to 3900 grafts should have given him a full head of hair? I don't know what happened or what was said between the patient and the Dr. If he was led to believe that 3600 to 3900 grafts would give him full coverage then that is the fault of the Dr who should have know that amount was not enough and I said that previously as well.

Please read my previous post and point out where you disagree with me instead of just claiming that I'm defending the Dr and I shouldn't have an opinion because I'm a moderator here.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

This may ruffle some feathers but unfortunately, I believe Dr. Bloxham is one of the more unethical surgeons. I’ve been following his work closely for quite some time now. Granted he does have patients that have gotten great results, however they all seem to be a similar category of hair loss characteristics. He frequently takes on patients that have no businesses getting a hair transplant in the first place and unfortunately this is one of those cases. With your hair characteristics and not taking medication, no ethical surgeon would touch this case. If someone were to take your case, it should be made abundantly clear that you would need wayyyy more grafts to make a significant cosmetic improvement. This is just poor planning and a money grab in my opinion. 

• Like 1