Hello my fellow follicle chasers,

I am 45 years old, from MD, USA a Norwood 6, potentially heading to a 7. I've had two FUT procedures in the past with mediocre results. My first was in 2008, which gave some coverage around my hairline but had a poorly placed incision that was not in the ideal donor area ( too low near the nape of my neck). The second, in my mid-30s, added about 1.5k-2k grafts from same donor area via FUT but offered limited improvement. Over the years, I've relied heavily on concealers like Topic and Derm Match as my hair continued to thin.

Recently, I decided to pursue one more transplant. After extensive research, I discovered Dr. Suneet Soni, who specializes in a combination of FUT, FUE, and body hair transplants. His results were impressive, and his background as a plastic surgeon gave me confidence.

I had my procedure with Dr. Soni last week, and I'm thrilled with the results thus far and the entire experience. Despite my previous painful FUT, this procedure was pain free, and recovery has been smooth. Dr. Soni transplanted 5200 grafts, covering almost my entire scalp. He used 2800 just from FUT, 300 chest, 800 or so from beard and rest FUE from the safe extraction zone. A homogenous extraction is what ALL FUE centers promise. But if you area NW 5,6,7, ask yourselves about the life of those miniaturizing follicles!

I highly recommend Dr. Sunil Soni. His professionalism, expertise, and results speak for themselves. For anyone considering a hair transplant ( especially a revision procedure or a high NW case - lowe donor etc., check out his work and consider his combination technique. In a well-executed FUT, every follicle will survive with barely any pain, scar, or donor depletion. I will post more of my timeline pictures. Week 1 is about resting and healing at the moment.

Check out his work yourselves.
https://www.medispaindia.in/dr-suneet-soni-best-hair-transplant-surgeon-india/
https://www.youtube.com/@drsuneetsoni1

IMG_8588.jpeg

IMG_8597.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 11.58.10 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 11.58.56 AM.png

Edited by zone32
updated topic

• zone32 changed the title to Combination FUT, FUE & BHT for NW 6, revision transplant with Dr.Suneet Soni
  • Moderators

Thank you for posting about your situation and latest hair transplant. Dr Suneet Soni is a very good Dr and I think 5200 grafts should give you a good result when combined with what you already have from previous transplants. It won't be super full density because you are a NW 6, but you should certainly look a lot better than you did prior to the transplant with Dr Suneet Soni.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 7/17/2024 at 11:37 AM, Al - Moderator said:

Thank you for posting about your situation and latest hair transplant. Dr Suneet Soni is a very good Dr and I think 5200 grafts should give you a good result when combined with what you already have from previous transplants. It won't be super full density because you are a NW 6, but you should certainly look a lot better than you did prior to the transplant with Dr Suneet Soni.

Agree with Moderator

I thrilled to hear your positive feedback! It’s wonderful that, this procedure will boost your confidence and satisfaction.

Edited by Fready

Hi thanks for sharing. Could you also share pictures of how the strip is healing at the back? I am also considering a procedure with Dr. Soni and am half convinced to go for a combination procedure but the thought of a scar on my scalp unnerves me.

• Moderators
On 8/1/2024 at 3:40 AM, Sahu910 said:

Hi, it's been over 15 days now. Could you please provide an update?

@Sahu910

You should think about creating our own topic with some pictures and details about what you are looking for. You'll get better answers that way instead of always asking for others for updates to their transplant.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.