Would Getting a 2nd Transplant Ruin My 1st Transplant?

Posted (edited)

Hi guys..  7 months ago I had my surgery and was supposed to receive 3000 grafts. But the doc only transplanted 2000 to reduce the risk of a scalp issue which I dont have anymore. He said that in a 1 year's time he will assess me to see if I am ready to receive the other 1000 grafts.

That said, today I have good hair density. But I feel like getting the other 1000 grafts or at least 400 grafts or so to add more density to the transplanted area. Would I run the risk of losing my transplanted hair if adding more hair to the transplanted area?

I'd like to hear from guys who've had a 2nd hair transplant tell me about their experiences. Any issue? Did it add more density to your transplanted area?

Edited by wprevil

Can you post some pics so we can see what your current density looks like?

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Moderators

Getting an additional hair transplant to add density is done regularly and should not be an issue itself. In your case it may matter what your scalp issue is and what the current density looks like.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Valued Contributor
20 hours ago, gillenator said:

Can you post some pics so we can see what your current density looks like?

Unfortunately the OP has tended to ask a billion questions and seek value from the forum (as is his right of course), but not pay it forward by sharing any images of his HT in a way that may not only benefit others, but also help us to better help him.

4 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Unfortunately the OP has tended to ask a billion questions and seek value from the forum (as is his right of course), but not pay it forward by sharing any images of his HT in a way that may not only benefit others, but also help us to better help him.

I mean anyone here can block one’s own facial features to maintain anonymity so what other reason or motive could there be? 🙄

• Like 3

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

On 7/16/2024 at 12:54 AM, Al - Moderator said:

Getting an additional hair transplant to add density is done regularly and should not be an issue itself. In your case it may matter what your scalp issue is and what the current density looks like.

Appreciate that answer. So the density is insane. I have a lot. The scalp issue is gone, fyi.

On 7/16/2024 at 7:17 PM, Berba11 said:

Sadly youre the typical troll who insults folks here instead of respecting their decision for privacy. I'm not the only HT patient in the world. There are I'm sure more than 300 HT patients here from whom you can request pics. 1 less pic isn't going to make or break you.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Face Palm 1

On 7/16/2024 at 11:35 PM, gillenator said:

I mean anyone here can block one’s own facial features to maintain anonymity so what other reason or motive could there be? 🙄

With all due respect, I wish not to divulge my result. I ask that you please respect my privacy in the same way I respect yours. Thank you.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Face Palm 1

On 7/18/2024 at 2:18 AM, wprevil said:

With all due respect, I wish not to divulge my result. I ask that you please respect my privacy in the same way I respect yours. Thank you.

I did respect your privacy, in fact, I explained how you can retain your anonymity while helping others here if you are interested in that…after all, that’s what this community is all about right?

• Like 1

Gillenator

• Valued Contributor
On 7/18/2024 at 1:16 PM, wprevil said:

Sadly youre the typical troll who insults folks here instead of respecting their decision for privacy. I'm not the only HT patient in the world. There are I'm sure more than 300 HT patients here from whom you can request pics. 1 less pic isn't going to make or break you.

No. But it could make or break your decision to have further surgery or not. Remember it’s your scalp @wprevil and insulting respected long time members here will not help your hair situation in the slightest. You have been asked to supply pics (with your face blacked out) to help you (not us). 

• Well Done 1

On 7/20/2024 at 11:09 PM, gillenator said:

I did respect your privacy, in fact, I explained how you can retain your anonymity while helping others here if you are interested in that…after all, that’s what this community is all about right?

I understand your point of view and that of the forum's. But I'm not in the space to show my image despite anonymity involved. That said, i respect you and your help.

On 7/20/2024 at 11:16 PM, Gatsby said:

No. But it could make or break your decision to have further surgery or not. Remember it’s your scalp @wprevil and insulting respected long time members here will not help your hair situation in the slightest. You have been asked to supply pics (with your face blacked out) to help you (not us). 

Exactly! Its my scalp, you made my point.

Defending trolls who insult others makes you no different that the troll you're defending. A member's tenure does not secure the impunity to insult anyone.

If you continue to disrespect others you will inch closer to getting a warning or worse, a ban. It's best that you respect the forum rules.

• Moderators

@wprevil

You have now called 2 of our "Valued Contributor" members trolls for pointing out that you would get better answers that would be more suited to your specific case if you show pictures of your hair. If you don't want to show pictures then that's fine. You don't have to, but you need to realize that if you ask questions about your hair issues then you are going to get asked to show your hair, so that your question can be answered.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Al - Moderator said:

@wprevil

You have now called 2 of our "Valued Contributor" members trolls for pointing out that you would get better answers that would be more suited to your specific case if you show pictures of your hair. If you don't want to show pictures then that's fine. You don't have to, but you need to realize that if you ask questions about your hair issues then you are going to get asked to show your hair, so that your question can be answered.

You have defended trolls (which may be your buddies) for whatever reason which only you guys know about. You stated its ok not show my pics out of concern for privacy. As mentioned before, I'm not in the proper orbit to show my scalp for personal reasons. What's strange about your comment is, you offer advice but you ruin the value behind that advice by qualifying the above trolls as "Valued Contributor" members. Keep in mind that forum rules apply to you also.

Edited by wprevil

• Moderators
13 hours ago, wprevil said:

You have defended trolls (which may be your buddies) for whatever reason which only you guys know about. You stated its ok not show my pics out of concern for privacy. As mentioned before, I'm not in the proper orbit to show my scalp for personal reasons. What's strange about your comment is, you offer advice but you ruin the value behind that advice by qualifying the above trolls as "Valued Contributor" members. Keep in mind that forum rules apply to you also.

I already sent you a warning earlier. I was just about to ban you and if you hadn't been a member for 2 years with over 200 posts I would have. I know you had one hair transplant already and have been asking about scalp issues and how to treat them. I actually walked around my living room trying to decide if I should ban you or if maybe the hair transplant has been a really bad experience for you and you're not in the best place mentally and just lashing out at us because of it. I'd hate to push you away if you actually need help. I'm locking this thread for now and I will message you privately.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)