Is there any point in using minoxidil without finasteride?

I’m just curious to what people think. If DHT is the cause of hairloss and finasteride lowers it, but someone doesn’t take finasteride, is there any point in using minoxidil? Could someone change my POV?

why do doctors such as dr zarev and dr pittella recommend it?

11 hours ago, Shesayshesay said:

I’m just curious to what people think. If DHT is the cause of hairloss and finasteride lowers it, but someone doesn’t take finasteride, is there any point in using minoxidil? Could someone change my POV?

why do doctors such as dr zarev and dr pittella recommend it?

It'll buy you a few years for sure but if you want to maintain for a decade plus, only finasteride can slow it down enough

Posted (edited)

Definitely there is, Dr Bisanga says oral minox is superior to finasteride.

oral minox, biotin, nizoral shampoo is good combo that definitely will slow hair loss

Edited by SoSoz

Minoxidil and Finasteride have two different functions. The first dilates the blood vessels, the second blocks DHT.

Posted (edited)

Yes.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2180995/

Thirty-one men with androgenetic alopecia completed 4 1/2 to 5 years of therapy with 2% and 3% topical minoxidil. Hair regrowth with topical minoxidil tended to peak at 1 year with a slow decline in regrowth over subsequent years. However, at 4 1/2 to 5 years, maintenance of nonvellus hairs beyond that seen at baseline was still evident.

Edited by 4chanhrn