Duoxidil 7%

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys

I am starting Duoxidil 7% on my beard in 2 weeks and thought I'd make a monthly update for 6 months. If it goes well on my beard I will try it on my scalp. I get it from www.anagenica.com in Spain for 39 EUR and lasts a month (1ml daily). Not the cheapest but I won't risk my scalp or beard health again. Shipping is 15 EUR and I got enough for 6 months.

I had terrible sides with regular Minoxidil, extremely agressive contact dermatitis, flaking and hair loss as well as zero results and I honestly never wanted to try it again. The main reasons for trying Duoxidil:

1)  It comes with Tretinoin 0.01%. Almost 40% of people are non responsive to Minoxidi because of the lack of sulfotransferase activity ((https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30974011/). Sulfotransferase enzymes on the scalp convert minoxidil into minoxidil sulfate which is the active form of the molecule (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK482378/). Tretinoin activates it for you making virtually everybody respond to it.

2) I am allergic and have contact dermatitis resonse to ETH:PG, this comes in Trichosol which is alchool free.

3) The higher concentration and Tretinoin allows once a day application which is very convinient for me on my daily routine.

4) Lastly it comes with Trichoxidil 2.5% which releases growth factors and avoids me the discomfort of microneedling. 

Starting pics

IMG_3435.thumb.jpg.246a75e7e93c55ec90d146c27f2f2c96.jpg

IMG_3436.thumb.PNG.186cbdddd004c745962db52c6292cf1b.PNG

I'll upload an update in 6 weeks and monthly from there to report on growth (or not), flaking, irritation and any potential sides.

Hope this is useful for someone with a thin beard

Edited by mustang
  • Like 1

Good luck. Updates would be much appreciated.

Have you tried minox solution without ethanol? It is widely available in spain.