Major Repair of Mini Grafts - Result: 4160 Grafts – HDC Hair Clinic

HDC Hair Clinic is pleased to present a successful repair case.

Initially, when we reviewed the patient's photos, we recognized it as an extremely challenging case and were hesitant to proceed. The patient had undergone two strip surgeries long ago, resulting in significant scars in the donor area and big mini grafts in the recipient.

Dr. Maras conducted a face-to-face consultation and decided to take on this challenging case to help the patient. When asked about his expectations, the patient simply wanted to look normal again and be able to remove the hat he always wore.

The approach involved punching out some grafts in the front and extracting the maximum number of grafts from the donor scalp and beard over a three-day surgery. These grafts were then distributed from the front towards the crown as much as possible. Additionally, Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) was performed on the scars.

In the end, Dr. Maras successfully extracted 4160 grafts and followed the planned approach.  2000 of those were beard grafts mainly having 1 hair /FU. The patient is now very happy with the results, as you can see.

Please do your research and choose the right clinic for your case. Do not take risks with your appearance and personality!

Before

1..jpg.56cfb91a98eef5e51a6173a083d93a9c.jpg

2.jpg.06df5e480d45a644614eff7fa8e5e704.jpg

3.JPG.78fce78792db50f233c3d68dd1474277.JPG

3a.JPG.4b29468e53c2a65e776a7280a7154690.JPG

4.JPG.734e0b3ee4c169cd15425d894d0c73e4.JPG

Immediately after

5.JPG.5d2ff55bd98d9cf44fd77d40ab98e752.JPG

6.JPG.c1d745dc2911db39ac591be77f3d91f2.JPG

7.JPG.bcbcacfe4c0a3e7f433104536d31501a.JPG

8.JPG.17ee3cdfcb99b3d3cd617e083014080c.JPG

1 Week after

8a.oneweekafter.JPG.eb556bcf1318ad5251cb025941e98a88.JPG

After

9.jpg.4590dd6f8277fdaeb2bbaf624135dae2.jpg

10.jpg.671bbd181e2d517ba89cabe3ae1bc50d.jpg

11.jpg.0b2b70288e47fcafd4eb3eff435d0609.jpg

12.thumb.jpg.192adf07e215c40e65ca2663aec8afd8.jpg

13.thumb.jpg.73ffd65d2b09dd049ba1a2ac7641b17f.jpg

Edited by Giuseppe-HDC
  • Like 3

Giuseppe Grezzi 

Representative of HDC Hair Clinic and  Head  Hair transplant Technician

Email : giuseppe@hdc.com.cy    Whatapp +357 97 741250   HDC Whatsapp +357 99 205741

• Valued Contributor

Excellent improvement with the given donor. Most of the doctors would have rejected this patient but dr maras handled the case pretty well.The patient can now do SMP and rock a military cut. 

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

5 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

Excellent improvement with the given donor. Most of the doctors would have rejected this patient but dr maras handled the case pretty well.The patient can now do SMP and rock a military cut. 

is the patient considering smp for crown?

• Valued Contributor
5 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

is the patient considering smp for crown?

I don't know but he can do that to create an illusion of fullness 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Moderators

Very nice improvement. He looks like he has some normal thinning now rather than looking obviously fake.

For those who think hair transplants don't last, take a look at these BEFORE pictures. Those old grafts were still growing strong.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Those old "mini" grafts were horrific, my kid has dolls with better plugs

While the result is light years ahead of his initial situation, it does make me wonder why he wouldn't just opt for removal of those grafts, use them to fix the FUT scars, and buzz the whole thing off 

• Like 2

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Paul_ said:

it does make me wonder why he wouldn't just opt for removal of those grafts, use them to fix the FUT scars, and buzz the whole thing off 

No need to wonder why. I have the answer for you. It's the same reason anyone else decides to have a hair transplant instead of buzzing down. He'd rather have hair instead of being bald.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

17 hours ago, Paul_ said:

While the result is light years ahead of his initial situation, it does make me wonder why he wouldn't just opt for removal of those grafts, use them to fix the FUT scars, and buzz the whole thing off 

If you notice Dr. Maras punched out mini grafts from the hairline, if you'll punch out everything it will scar the receipt area, it's better to camouflage it with new grafts to achieve esthetic normal appearance.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic.

For consultation, WhatsApp: +972526542654

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

If you notice Dr. Maras punched out mini grafts from the hairline, if you'll punch out everything it will scar the receipt area, it's better to camouflage it with new grafts to achieve esthetic normal appearance.

Regarding scarring, me and my 1300 punchouts beg to differ 🙂 I also remember seeing a very similar case to this handled by Dr Lorenzo (punch out old HT over the top part, cover FUT scars with it). My point is, scarring may be prevented to a large extent and shouldn't be the only determining factor

On 7/20/2024 at 8:57 AM, Giuseppe-HDC said:

Dr. Maras conducted a face-to-face consultation and decided to take on this challenging case to help the patient. When asked about his expectations, the patient simply wanted to look normal again and be able to remove the hat he always wore.

I reacted because of this statement. If after all he's been through he still wanted his hair back (to extent possible), then this repair made him very happy

If he just wanted to get rid of those plugs, removal and staying bald would have been easier

Edited by Paul_
  • Like 1

Two successful repairs (pluggy hairline removal + donor restoration) with Dr Ball - The Maitland Clinic

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/72766-pluggy-hairline-removal-donor-restocking-2-repairs-with-dr-ball-maitland-clinic/

On 7/20/2024 at 2:17 AM, A_4_Archan said:

Sounds good.  Can you tell us where you recommend the SMP would go?  Are you thinking more toward the front, or more in the crown, etc?  Would you suggest a lot, or just a little of the SMP dots?  Thanks!

Posted (edited)

This is demonstration how Dr. Maras and HDC medical team approach the repair, and how we did SMP over the pre FUT scar:

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

does hdc also offers smp?

Yes.

https://www.hairtransplants-hdc.com/other-treatments/scalp-trichopigmentation

Screenshot_20240726_154429_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_154447_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

This is demonstration how Dr. Maras and HDC medical team approach the repair, and how we did SMP over the pre FUT scar:

Great video. Thanks.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

• Administrators
On 7/23/2024 at 7:43 AM, Paul_ said:

Indeed, the so-called 'botch jobs' we see today are nothing compared to the old days.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thats what i looked like when i had my firs transplant in Sweden 2001, i was 20 years old and looking forward to meet girls at the university. I lived 20 years with a baseball cap.

HDC saved someones life, very nice work!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Hair_Drakoon said:

Thats what i looked like when i had my firs transplant in Sweden 2001, i was 20 years old and looking forward to meet girls at the university. I lived 20 years with a baseball cap.

How do you look now?

22 minutes ago, Hair_Drakoon said:

You did a repair afterwards?

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com

3 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

You did a repair afterwards?

Yes, i did a lot of surgeries. I was in contact with Alex at HDC, but he passed away during communication around 2017. The new worker at HDC George told me he could not help me because i was difficult to repair. 

After a long research i was helpt by AEK hair clinic in Istanbul. Ali Emre told me it is experimental. But i wanted help. 

This is photos before my 3:d repair at AEK, front is done before, but need to fill my crown. (Before i had only plugs). 

00f5edac-e607-445b-bdf4-692903e47328.JPG

85c425b0-496e-4d85-82b0-245b7170e4f1.JPG

96afea39-9326-42a9-b4cc-ab30c1fa4d1b.JPG

7944df46-6244-4646-b010-93cea24f59f5.JPG

c4d7279f-89e6-405e-b566-ed39c01c6eea.JPG

@Hair_Drakoon, I'm glad you happy now, I'm sure it's significant change from what you had before.

Yes, chest hair are very thin, you can achieve much smaller density compare to scalp and beard, but as you see we do these niche repairs as well.

Yes Alex passed away at that time, and it was before I arrived to the clinic, but I welcome anyone to contact me on WhatApp for these hard repair cases, I myself a repair patient of HDC so I like to deal with these challenges 😉

Maildoronhdc@gmail.com