5500 grafts over four years with Dr Glenn Charles in Boca Raton

• Moderators
On 7/26/2024 at 9:31 PM, maxgraft said:

This is all very concerning. However, I have 6 months left so I’ll see what happens. DGC comes off as a reasonable person to me, so I’m not giving out on hope that he would be willing to find an amicable path forward if results don’t prove out.

I think a time lapse video of his process in placing these grafts and showing the after might help showcase why it’s not visible to see all the grafts. I’d love to see an example of these clear grafts that don’t leave a scab and can’t be seen in the scalp post implantation. It would be more comforting.

Your hair transplant didn't look bad other than it seemed like there wasn't enough done. Hopefully with the 2nd pass you'll get something much closer to what you were aiming for.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 7/30/2024 at 8:11 AM, Al - Moderator said:

Your hair transplant didn't look bad other than it seemed like there wasn't enough done. Hopefully with the 2nd pass you'll get something much closer to what you were aiming for.

Thanks for your feedback. Do you mean to say that I should have more than 5500 grafts for coverage?

1 hour ago, maxgraft said:

Thanks for your feedback. Do you mean to say that I should have more than 5500 grafts for coverage?

I think he means to say that there is no way that’s 5500 grafts… 

• Moderators
19 hours ago, maxgraft said:

How far past the 2nd transplant are you now? The last pic I saw was only 4 months post op. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 8/4/2024 at 10:17 AM, Al - Moderator said:

How far past the 2nd transplant are you now? The last pic I saw was only 4 months post op. 

Hey Al

Yes, I just hit 5 months. Here it is so far IMG_9837.thumb.jpeg.bb635021921e5293c02831a1701199ff.jpeg

12 hours ago, maxgraft said:

Hey Al

Yes, I just hit 5 months. Here it is so far IMG_9837.thumb.jpeg.bb635021921e5293c02831a1701199ff.jpeg

5500 grafts with your level of baldness you should have a full head of hair…. He is either doing something that causes a low survival rate or lying about the count… I know of at least 10 people now that he says “I don’t know what happened, 1% of cases turn out like this, it’s you not me”

• Administrators
13 hours ago, maxgraft said:

Hey Al

5 months is still early, you should only expect around 30-40% of growth at this point. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators
On 8/7/2024 at 8:28 PM, maxgraft said:

Hey Al

You definitely have some improvement from where you started. It should improve more over the next few months. 5 months is still early.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Al - Moderator said:

You definitely have some improvement from where you started. It should improve more over the next few months. 5 months is still early.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll post an updated picture in a couple months to show how it’s progressing. I certainly hope Al is right in that I can’t expect 60-70% more growth from here. I just feel that I shouldn’t be able to see my scalp with this number of grafts. Fingers crossed

Edited by maxgraft

• 1 month later...