Sublingual Minoxidil (liquid)

Posted (edited)

The first picture was taken prior to beginning Sublingual Minoxidil (March 2024).  The next 2 pictures are from July 2024. 

I'm not expecting much progress, but Dr. Pittella said to begin taking Minoxidil (in preparation of surgery; so, I think it's best to do what he advises.  In all seriousness though, the goal is more about strengthening my existing follicles than anything else.  I'll post pics here once/month anyway.  

If I miraculously develop a full head of hair though, I'll hold off on the HT!  Ughh, I wish, lol  :)

thumbnail(6).jpg.2d6a1f97cd8981f0a8daa50901e065af.jpg

Screenshot_20240722-151104_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240722-151121_Photosss.jpg

Edited by Approach
  • Like 1

No offense meant. But I have to be brutally honest with you here. Try to water down your expectations. Unfortunately you have some slick bald spots, and no hair loss medication ,no matter how strong or potent it is, will not recover these areas. Again, don't take what I said badly, but it's of the outmost importance that you temper your expectations

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eli_Avdikian said:

No offense meant. But I have to be brutally honest with you here. Try to water down your expectations. Unfortunately you have some slick bald spots, and no hair loss medication ,no matter how strong or potent it is, will not recover these areas. Again, don't take what I said badly, but it's of the outmost importance that you temper your expectations

No offense taken.  Truly, I get it.  

• Like 1

• Approach changed the title to Sublingual Minoxidil (liquid)
  • Moderators

It looks like some of that hair is thickening up. Obviously you'll never get anything near a full head of hair with just minoxidil, but it could help improve your future hair transplant results if you can regrow even just a small amount.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a paid forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Posted (edited)

It's good start !

Research papers show that sublingual minoxidil can increase hairs on vertex by +86hairs/cm2 on average when using it at 4mg. So keep fighting ! 

Stay us informed about your progress ;)

Edited by arthurSam
  • Like 1

Minoxidil : 5% topical 1ml/day (with Melatonin 0.0033%, Fisetin 1%, Resveratrol 2%, NMN 1%, Ginko 1%, Caffein 0.2%)
DHT and Follicular androgen receptor inhibitor : Topical dutasteride 0.05% twice a week + Fluridil + Pyrilutamide Koshine826
Exosome Mesotherapy 1mm : human Umbilical Chord Exosomes ; see my progress pics here.

• Valued Contributor

Definitely stick with sublingual minoxidil or oral minoxidil. You can already see a slight improvement and it takes up to one year to see the full benefits. Sublingual minoxidil will benefit all of your hair, especially the donor, which is what you want when looking at surgery. All the best @Approach. 👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you guys.  I kind of wondered if I was wasting my time taking Minoxidil due to large bald areas.  I know it can strengthen follicles, but I'm perplexed whether it is possible to grow some new hair?  Or, does it -- take peach fuzz hairs and grow them into full size hairs?  For ex, over a 1 year period. 

Edited by Approach

Posted (edited)

You might get some regrowth, it will definitely improve the donor area if you want transplant in the future

Edited by SoSoz

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2024 at 3:04 PM, Approach said:

Update

20240820_171436.jpg

20240820_171325.jpg

20240820_171446.jpg

I think I see improvement, but obviously, this is mainly for the donor. Dr. Pittella is putting up some killer cases lately. Looking forward to your results.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fox243 said:

I think I see improvement, but obviously, this is mainly for the donor. Dr. Pittella is putting up some killer cases lately. Looking forward to your results.

Yes - to strengthen Donor hair is the goal.  Realistically, I'm not expecting new hairs.  One thing I've learned already is:  "If" I end up with further improvement - it's going to take a loooong time.  lol

PS) I don't think I gained new hairs, but I do believe it is slightly improving the some of my 25 year old thinned-out transplanted hairs - crown area.

Edited by Approach

On 8/29/2024 at 11:37 AM, Matthias said:

Do you have a special liquid solution for oral or sublingual administration or do you simply ingest the 5% topical solution?

My doctor wrote a script for 2.5% Sublingual Minoxidil Solution.  I brought it to the local Compound pharmacy. They created a the Minoxidil solution.  I put 1 drop of the solution under my tongue via a dropper and let it dissolve for a few seconds. Literally, that's it.  The dropper looks just like the dropper that comes with topical minoxidil.  

• Like 1